Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you carry one if you could
Yes 5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #21

My rig has an even more rare 19.5 wheel. I had a blowout last summer ( an inner duel ) and spent the night in a random gravel parking lot waiting on roadside assistance. I believe that I am going to just carry a tire underneath like Shultz01. I am not worried about a wheel or the tools to change it. The roadside guys can mount/dismount a tire onto a wheel in no time flat. The biggest problem I had was that I had to wait for the service guy to get the right size tire.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #22

Murphy's Law says that if/when I get a flat it will be hours until roadside assistance gets there. So I'm prepared to change it myself when this is the case. I carry a torque increaser to get the lug nuts off and a 1" drive ratchet wrench and torque wrench in addition to the spare tire & wheel. Hope I never have to use any of it.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #23

Schultz. I commend your initiative, but one thing I don't understand. Looking at pictures of your Force it appears the front and rear rims are of different design, the duallys seem to be deep dish, different than the front rim. So how do you change rims, are they somehow interchangeable? Just curious. Thanks.
Jag73e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #24
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
I already carry a spare tire & wheel.
Mounts under the frame nicely.
That's pics of my old Seneca, but you get the idea.
Never took pics when I moved everything to the Force.
Andy, where did you get the rack that holds the spare. I think that is what I am looking to do also just so I can have a spare with me incase needed and I can call road side assistance to install it for me.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag73e View Post
Schultz. I commend your initiative, but one thing I don't understand. Looking at pictures of your Force it appears the front and rear rims are of different design, the duallys seem to be deep dish, different than the front rim. So how do you change rims, are they somehow interchangeable? Just curious. Thanks.
It's the same wheel just turned the opposite direction (like the inside dually wheel on the rear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Andy, where did you get the rack that holds the spare. I think that is what I am looking to do also just so I can have a spare with me incase needed and I can call road side assistance to install it for me.
Troy Engineered Components and Assemblies
I had a local welder fabricate the steel part to match up with the holes on the cross-member. The the hoist is bolted to that. The hoist is meant to mate with a wheel and not a tire, but I'm sure you'll come up with something. ;-)
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote