Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2021, 12:48 PM   #1

Kenwood dnx775rvs

Does anyone know if the KENWOOD head has the ability to control volume based on the vehicle’s speed?
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:59 PM   #2
Commercial Member

There is no speed connection that we make. Not sure if it can...but we do not have that connected

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
There is no speed connection that we make. Not sure if it can...but we do not have that connected
Thanks Brian
Seems like it should. The nav knows the speed (displayed on screen). Would think Kenwood would use this to adjust the volume like so many other systems do.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:25 AM   #4

I believe the Kenwood has the ability to connect to some of the vehicle systems. When diving into the menu options there are some grayed out options that appear. Like Brian indicated, they must have to be connected to the vehicle in some way that is not happening on our units. Even though it appears the options are there, not sure they would be compatible with the Freightliner system. Kenwood might know.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:33 AM   #5

As long as we are on a Kenwood DNX775RVS thread, has anyone done a “Firmware” update on their unit? I want to buy a Garmin map update, however, they are telling me I must do the Firmware update before doing the map update or the system may get corrupted.

I have tried multiple times to follow the instructions on the Kenwood/Garmin website using new, fresh USB thumb drives, to no avail. I have made at least 10 attempts and the Kenwood never recognized the thumb drive is even in the USB port. I have called Kenwood support no less than 4 times and everyone is very nice, but basically just tell me to do what the instructions on the website tell me to do. Nothing has worked. Now they want me to remove the unit and send it to them to investigate. Not a good option since we have a couple of trips coming up.

The other question would be, have you done a Garmin map update successfully without doing the Firmware update?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:13 AM   #6

I've done the firmware update and the Garmin Map update. As I recall you had to do them both. I had to use an SD Card. Download firmware update to SD Card, update firmware, download Garmin update, then install that.
The hard thing for me was finding the SD Card slot. The entire face of the unit folds up and out to expose the DVD player and SD Card reader. I finally found it in the directions somewhere.
Other than that it went as the recommended.

I think I just remembered that pressing this will open it:
Attached Images

MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Does anyone know if the KENWOOD head has the ability to control volume based on the vehicle’s speed?
I can't answer this question, but I use my phone for bluetooth music input and I can control the volume with my phone volume buttons. Sometimes it's easier to do this...
MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC D View Post
I can't answer this question, but I use my phone for bluetooth music input and I can control the volume with my phone volume buttons. Sometimes it's easier to do this...

Same here. This is what we do today.