Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2019, 06:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnOn View Post
I put a great deal of force on it. It came out about two inches. It feels like something is holding it on the top.
Not sure if those are like the older radio's I use to put in my cars, but on those, you inserted the can, the can had locking tabs on the sides that would engage when you inserted the radio. to remove the radio, I had to reach up underneath the dash, find the metal tabs on each side, pull them out just a little and slide radio out. I remember having a tool that came with a Jensen radio I had. A long flat key that you slide down the side of radio to release the metal locking tabs.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:44 AM   #22
Jim & Gerry

GB1

We cannot get the radio out. We have tried it both ways: - using the tools and instructions in the Kenwood manual (tools will not go into the slot over about an inch and took off dash, screws, etc. Can comes out an inch or so but cannot get to the back of the radio! Probably going to take it to a stereo shop and see if they can get it out. Should be simple to change the wires—. But... (Hubby still in recovery stages from spinal fusion, so cannot overdo it!)

We have had our rig almost two months. Used it coming home from dealer (over 500 miles), andon a short “shake down” trip- 3 nights.

Our last coach was a 45 ft Newmar Essex, so the DX3 is quite different. Other than a problem with a valence falling off, we have found no real problems. It is a very solid, well build coach. We made a few changes, personal preferences, but overall very pleased with the coach! Next trip will be the Christmas Holidays. Very glad to hear it handles cold weather nicely. We get cold fronts but not much of the really cold stuff down here.,
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #23
GB1

ci4mynewf, sorry to hear about you not getting the fireplace. We were surprised to see it is strictly an off/on unit rather than having a temperature control, but it does help heat the coach. When they were building our XL I saw on the Facebook pictures that the valances we had chosen were not installed. Fortunately we were able to get them changed. Will look into your fix for the radio. Seems whoever is installing the radios doesn’t have it figured out!
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
ci4mynewf, sorry to hear about you not getting the fireplace. We were surprised to see it is strictly an off/on unit rather than having a temperature control, but it does help heat the coach. When they were building our XL I saw on the Facebook pictures that the valances we had chosen were not installed. Fortunately we were able to get them changed. Will look into your fix for the radio. Seems whoever is installing the radios doesn’t have it figured out!

Not sure which fireplace you got, but the fireplace in our XL has the ability to set the desired temperature. It just can’t be done from the remote. You have to do it on the control panel located on the top right of the fireplace itself.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	219706
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Not sure which fireplace you got, but the fireplace in our XL has the ability to set the desired temperature. It just can’t be done from the remote. You have to do it on the control panel located on the top right of the fireplace itself.Attachment 219706

Same with ouir DX3
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #26
GB1

Hmmmm. We looked at a 2018 or 2019 XL and it had adjustable temperature. Seems we got the cheap model with no adjustment or remote.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:50 AM   #27

If it looks like this one then there should a series of 5 buttons (maybe 4) at top right. I circled it in the attached photo. I believe it’s the button that looks like a thermometer. Turn the fireplace on first. Then when you press the button you can cycle through the temperature settings. Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	219724
Old 11-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #28
Jim & Gerry

Our 2020 came with a fireplace, a remote, but not full function. We found one on Amazon that was a perfect fit, four screws and easy replacement.

The remote and thermostat works great. Has the burning log look, infrared quartz electric heTer.
Jeep Renegade
Old 11-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnOn View Post
Our 2020 came with a fireplace, a remote, but not full function. We found one on Amazon that was a perfect fit, four screws and easy replacement.

The remote and thermostat works great. Has the burning log look, infrared quartz electric heTer.
But.....did you get the radio to come out ???
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #30
GB1

Thanks for the info. We’re planning to replace our fireplace, which seems like a odd thing to do on a brand new coach.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #31
Jim & Gerry

Not yet— radio

It just will not come out! Planning on taking it to a car stereo shop. Hopefully they will know what to do! Will post after and let everyone know!
Jeep Renegade
Old 11-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #32
Jim & Gerry

Solved! But...

We didn’t have to go to a stereo shop! Our grandson came over today for Thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving everyone); Jim pulled the dash and the grandson was able to reach behind the radio, pull the harness and switch the wires. So ours was wired backwards as well.

No more getting setup when we turn the key on. However, we are going to take Brian’s suggestion (another thread) and add a switch so that we can use the radio whenever we are camped. Great radio and I like the Satellite stations!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Jim and Gerry
Jeep Renegade
Old 11-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #33

Glad you got it working
Old 11-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #34

Great, glad it worked out ok
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #35

Quote:
If it looks like this one then there should a series of 5 buttons (maybe 4) at top right. I circled it in the attached photo. I believe it’s the button that looks like a thermometer. Turn the fireplace on first. Then when you press the button you can cycle through the temperature settings. Attachment 219724

Do you know the brand and model In the picture?
Old 11-30-2019, 07:49 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
Do you know the brand and model In the picture?

Twinstar Fireplace
Model#: 3211310GRA
tsicustomerservice.com
Old 11-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Twinstar Fireplace
Model#: 3211310GRA
tsicustomerservice.com

Thank tou
Old 01-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #38

Even after you fixed the wiring, does it still make you go through this when you kill the chassis switch? I thought once we kill the switch by the drivers floor, that's it, all power is off causing the radio to lose it's "memory"
Old 01-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #39
Jim & Gerry

We added the switch as suggested by Brian. Works great! The radio retains the setup information.
Jeep Renegade
Old 03-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #40
Señor Miembro

Fixed

It isn't just the little things but bigger & medium things too and just the over all lack of quality control.

I just got my nav radio / head set fixed an hour ago with me and a local mobile tech working on it.

It was indeed the problem that the red and yellow wires were reversed as everyone here said. Thanks to all for the advice. I put a voltage meter on those wires and checked them with ignition and battery isolation switches on and off and yep, they were wired bass-ackwards at the factory.

It was one of the items that the Dynamax dealer ApplewayRV was supposed to fix. I even told both the service coordinator and service manager that the problem was probably the power supply wires being reversed. They told me they checked that, had called Kenwood tech support and determined it was a defective radio. Of course, during the 4 months it was there, they couldn't have been bothered to order a new radio and get it fixed. I'm not sure if ApplewayRV is incompetent or just lazy and whether they lied to my face or not but I can't, in good conscience, recommend them for service work. I recommend you stay away from ApplewayRV.

Thank goodness for this forum and all the wise people on here with sage, expert advice! It's really great we can get correct answers here if no where else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio nav head set repair.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	225260  
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio