Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2022, 12:57 PM   #1

Kitchen sink and faucet upgrade

Best upgrade I've done yet. This is on my Force, but it would apply with any models that have a 24x14 sink opening. The two issues with the original was, 1) the bays in the two bay sink were too small to fit all but the smallest of post/pans, and, 2) the faucet arm does not extend far enough out, and the sprayer only extended about an inch, almost useless.

The upgraded single bay sink makes all the difference in the world for washing dishes, pots and pans.

The upgraded faucet is no comparison its so much better. Even when the sprayer is in the stored position, the arm is notably further out, about to the center of the sink. The two type sprayer nozzle is larger, less agressive (the stock one has two much pressure and sprays all over the place). And best of all, the nozzle smoothely pulls out 12+ inches allowing much more control.

The faucet conversion took all of about 30 minutes and fits in the stock hole of the old faucet. The faucet was $67.99 on Amazon. I have three of these, two others in my homes. Just as good as big name brands costing hundreds of dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081RNG7XZ...roduct_details

You need two 3/8 in OD x 1/2 in MIP adapters for the supplies. Simple screw in, easy. I got these from HomeDepot.

I got the sink from etrailer. Lippert Better Bath Single Bowl RV Kitchen Sink-25 x 15 SS. $229.50, free shipping. Mine came with a very small dent. Check thorougly. I opted for a $25 discount rather than a replacement because I didn't feel like waiting.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sinks/Lippert/LC421572.html

The sink install came with it's challenges. First, if you aren't relatively small and flexible, forget it. Even with the cabinet door off, its a tight fit. Getting the original sink unstuck from the counter top is a bear of a job. It took several hours, and several trips to HomeDepot getting different size (mostly small) prybars to pry it loose. It's a two person job to get the new sink properly placed. You need to apply a bead of silicone cault around the rim. Raise it up into place, then attach the underneath clips. I used a piece of pipe below the drain, a ratchet strap through the drain hole and around a piece of wood spanning the opening on top of the counter. I had silicone pretty much all over the place, including on me. Cleans up with mineral spirits. I did it alone, which is why I suggest a second person. I almost gave up several times, but once i got going I was committed. If I had it to do over again, I'd pay for an RV service to do it.
I'd also suggest replacing the original drain and basket with a better quaity SS piece. The factory one is plastic and doesn't seem to wear well in my opinion. A simple repositioning of the drain lines and that's done.

Overall, it's worth every penny, which is pretty reasonable, and worth the hassle of the install (the sink part). I looks soo good I keep getting up and going over to look at it. I highy recommend this upgrade. One small thing about the sink. The new one has a square radius corners and to some this may look strange. Doesn't bother me a bit, and it makes for even more room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New-kitch-sink-and-faucet-2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	270900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitch-faucet-amazon-photo.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	270901   Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeDepot-faucet-supply-adapters-cropped.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	270902  

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:35 PM   #2

Same faucet almost half the price on Ali express. I’ve said it before - don’t buy on Amazon! They charge sellers 20% fee which means the prices are marked up!

But sweet upgrade. Looks awesome!

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #3

Looks great! My wife has complained about the sink too, and I’d like to replace it and the faucet. Did you consider a drop in counter top mount sink? Install would have been much easier and you could have attached the faucet to the sink before dropping the sink in place.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #4

Despite the silicone mess, the install wasn't the hard part. It was getting the old sink detatched. It's a personal thing, but I just prefer the look of the undercounter mount.

John, I lean towards Amazon and am willing to pay the premium as much for the ease of returns as anything else. And I do quite a few returns.

Old 04-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #5

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	270915Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	270916
I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago!
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 03:55 PM   #6

Well I'll be... Did you do it yourself? Did you have the same struggle getting the old sink unstuck?
And, what do you have on the bottom of the sink? Looks like some sort of protective surface?

Old 04-02-2022, 04:53 PM   #7
Part-Time Campground Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
Best upgrade I've done yet.
Thanks for the great post and good job on the install. I've been thinking of upgrading ours.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1659
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Well I'll be... Did you do it yourself? Did you have the same struggle getting the old sink unstuck?
And, what do you have on the bottom of the sink? Looks like some sort of protective surface?

I did do it my self.

I ended up cutting my old sink out, it made a mess and was a little time consuming but worked ok. A combination of drill, jigsaw and oscillating saw did the trick.

Yes, that is a silicone mat, it keeps things from sliding and also keeps the stainless from getting all scratched.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:39 PM   #9

Great work on both of those. They look fantastic.
I spent 2 days resealing and adding better clips to our sink as ours was loose and leaked. We have just the drawer under the sink as the furnace is right there. I was sore for days after twisting and trying to fit under enough to add the clips.

2020 Rockwood 2104S
2019 Ram 2500 Crew 4x4 6.7 cummins
theHookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #10

For the guys emailing me, heres the link to a similar one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3274...rch-mainSearch

Remember, Amazon takes 20% of the sale, so sellers mark product up on there. Don't buy on Amazon, get from the seller directly!

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #11

My sink appears to be installed with some sort of epoxy. No clips that I can see. How hard to detach the sink from the counter?
Old 04-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #12

Removing the old sink is the hardest part. Invisibleman pried his off of the underside of the counter, I cut my bowl out and then cut the epoxied flange off of the bottom of the counter using a oscillating cutter. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2022, 09:15 PM   #13

Thanks for posting this, you saved me some real time, Looks Great!
Trialrun85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Despite the silicone mess, the install wasn't the hard part. It was getting the old sink detatched. It's a personal thing, but I just prefer the look of the undercounter mount.

John, I lean towards Amazon and am willing to pay the premium as much for the ease of returns as anything else. And I do quite a few returns.

Great job. Looks really nice! I just sent your picture to the DW.

Agree on Amazon vs Ali Express for the same reason you stated.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:11 PM   #15

Do all RV faucets need to use the 3/8 in OD x 1/2 in MIP adapters?
Is it because of the RV water lines?
Old 04-12-2022, 08:07 AM   #16

I can only speak to what appears to be used on the Dynamax M2 kitchen sink supplies. I suppose it could even be different depending on model and year. Best bet would be to take a look at your specific setup. No matter what it is, HomeDepot, Lowes, ACE or others would almost certainly have the adapters needed. Pretty common stuff.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:51 AM   #17
Commercial Member

What faucet did you have?

1. Are you sure the pull out sprayer was not caught on something? I know it is a weigted line...but I don't recall all of the ones that we have had.

2. I think we have had to convert to single sinks during the 2022 MY. 2023 will be standard a single sink.

This is the faucet we run today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-12 095040.png
Views:	69
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	271401  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23nv View Post
Do all RV faucets need to use the 3/8 in OD x 1/2 in MIP adapters?
Is it because of the RV water lines?
Ended up getting this faucet. Current one does not have a pull down.
Should work right?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XY...b_b_prod_image
Old 04-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #19

ryno23nv. I dont see why your choice wouldn'd work. Maybe double ck the hole opening size so you are sure to use the existing hole. Your selection is a bit shorter at 15.9". The one I used is 18.5" which I believe is pretty close to the stock one I replaced.

BC: The one I replaced definately did not extend. Maybe a temp supply chain thing.

Old 04-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #20

Wow! Now I have a new project. What has anyone done for the very small bathroom sink?
nrkmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink, faucet, upgrade