Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

Led light strip and Sony radio

2016 Force HD 36FKS. Led light strip is not working on Awning. Where would the fuse be located for that? I have looked everywhere. Also Sony radio has issues. As soon as FM is turned on it plays for 5 seconds and shuts off. I wish it could monitor rear of coach when I am traveling rather that just backing up. Thanks for all the help in advance.
Tugboat609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
Commercial Member

It should be fused with the awning, so if the awning is working, then its probably the light strip as opposed to the fuse.

To monitor the rear of the coach you could wire up a switch to provide power to the back up wire. If you search this forum, I think a DX3 owner gave instructions on how to do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #3

LED lites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat609 View Post
2016 Force HD 36FKS. Led light strip is not working on Awning. Where would the fuse be located for that? Thanks for all the help in advance.
One day ago i replaced both awning LED lite strips on my 2015 Rockwood 5ver as they were weak. the smaller awning, mounted on the rear slide out, has an independent switch and worked without issue. the awning over my main living and entrance area would not work. i knew it was previously working so i went to see my friendly local dealer and talked to the service manger who proceeded to tell me that the main awning and seperate awning LED switch, which were both located in the main switch panel, had an awning light fuse. he stated, "this is where the manufacturers put them because the main fuse panel would not accommodate the awning lights". after removing the panel and taking a good look, guess what was coming off the power lead of the awning lite switch? you guessed it. a 5amp fuse & holder. i now have all LED lites working.

i did not take a picture but my repair was pretty straight forward. i hope this helps with your camper model.
blessings
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #4

Where would the awning fuse be located? The awning works. Just the strip is dead.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Commercial Member

It is Fuse H8...but that also feeds the porch light and entry light. If those are working, it is probably the plug. When you're rolling the awning out, you'll see the wire coming off the arm, follow that to a plug. That plug can work its way loose or gets corroded. When we see one not working, we take it apart and put dielectric grease in there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #6

Awning LED switch fuse location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat609 View Post
Where would the awning fuse be located? The awning works. Just the strip is dead.
The main awning LED lite switch, which on my camper is located on the main switch(es) panel, and is different and independent from the awning switch, is located behind the switch in-line on the positive/hot wire just inches from the switch itself. I would think this is pretty close to most campers fuse install.
hope this helps.
tmfaulksr
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #7

Our Force awning led light is tricky, we have to open/close it a little to get the light on. May not be a fuse
Old 02-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #8

Fuse

I've got a Columbus and found the fuse behind a square plastic inspection cover where the washer/dryer go.
traindrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #9

Halla, I never tried that. I will give it a shot tomorrow when it warms up a bit. I just purchased my rig late October. Haven't had much time to work kinks out yet. Been cold in New Jersey. The unit I purchased is former Force owner Mikes. He traded it in on a fiver. It is a early 2016 build. I will hopefully have most of kinks out by April or May. Thanks Halla
Old 02-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #10

Love our Force, proly around the same age as yours. Going to post my modifications page soon.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:11 AM   #11

I love our Force HD also. I traded a 2015 Cedar Creek Touring Edition Fiver and a 2015 F350 SuperCrew and never been happier. The wife and I are really only available on weekends to do stuff so this was a great alternative. I love the fact I am completely self sufficient now, no matter what we decide to do. Look forward to that list of modifications Halla!

Tags
led, light, radio