Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
I am confused. My switch, which was the picture I posted says “Power Gear” but the actual levelers, I thought, are from Equalizer. The Bluetooth module I just ordered is an Equalizer module that plugs into the Power Gear control module on the wall. So, I would appreciate a clarification for this old brain.
Um, no. That is two different componies.

Power Gear (owned by LCI)

Equalizer (private company).

Now, at one time, I think many companies bought the same controller from another company and branded it. But then LCI bought that company and so other companies had to buy from their competitor or create their own (as Equalizer did).

Did Equalizer tell you they had a BT controller that would plug into a Power Gear switch?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #42
Commercial Member

Quote:
I am confused. My switch, which was the picture I posted says “Power Gear” but the actual levelers, I thought, are from Equalizer. The Bluetooth module I just ordered is an Equalizer module that plugs into the Power Gear control module on the wall. So, I would appreciate a clarification for this old brain.
Now I'm confused...the switch you posted says Equalizer. Not Power Gear?

Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #43

Leveling Jack Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Now I'm confused...the switch you posted says Equalizer. Not Power Gear?

Well, if we can’t laugh at ourselves then we sure as heck don’t deserve to laugh at anyone else! I do, in fact, have an Equalizer leveling system. Power Gear is the manufacturer for the slide outs. My brain saw the Power Gear label in the the compartment with all the controllers and just mashed it all together. Honestly, that’s a little scary how I could do that! So, all is well and the Bluetooth module will work and hopefully, I have side to side leveling in pairs like I think I do. Thanks for questioning my posts and getting me back on track!
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #44

I would like to see the rear stabilizers have the option to hinge up parallel with the rv frame for traveling. It would certainly ease my mind when exiting some graded parking lots.
beattieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #45

Longest stroke only to put pads closer to the frame.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:57 PM   #46

How about a Reset button on the outside control where you hit Auto-Level. When I get too ancey and I've pushed buttons too many times before the Auto-Level has completed, I get the red blinking light. Then I must walk around and go into the unit to the display screen on the control panel and do a reset. Then I have to back to the outside control and hit Auto-Level again. I know I've messed up, but it would be real handy to have an additional reset on the outside control where you activate Auto-Level.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:12 AM   #47

Center Stabilization

We have a 27rkss. Even when leveled, with chocks and front and rear stabilizers firmly in place, there is still some bounce in the camper. I eliminated it by getting some screw jacks to place in the middle under the I-beams in front of the tires.

It would be nice to have electric jack stabilizers in the middle.

I imagine that other folks have the bounce issue also.

Thanks
Rndybnntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:28 AM   #48

I think the OP was looking for input to make mods to new Dynamax models in the upcoming builds?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #49

Tilt screen! I'm short and sometimes there is a glare!
rlearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #50

Jacking in Pairs

I agree with the goal of minimizing frame twisting by jacking in pairs however on my current 2018 F53 chassis with Power Gear levelers, the rear jack raises faster than the front when raising either side. I had no problem with my old Bigfoot system pressing a pair of buttons.

Quote:
Let me corral this a bit (I am passing this on in its entirety, but....).

1. Jacks in pairs: there is a reason for this. Individual control of jacks, while nice in theory, gives you the ability to twist the frame. As much as it is requested, I would fight against this emphatically. Pairs, make sure you operate the jacks in a uniform plane.

2. We are using equalizer jacks right now and ALL of them now come with a Bluetooth app control. I believe that was a 2020 addition. On the 34KD I brought to the Rally, I never used the control pad. I leveled 100% standing outside using the app.

Th LCI jacks have that feature as well. In addition, they are using many aluminum parts and robotically machine cylinders which allows them to save some weight. I don't really the total number...maybe 20 lbs?
Old 07-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #51

Quote:
Let me corral this a bit (I am passing this on in its entirety, but....).

1. Jacks in pairs: there is a reason for this. Individual control of jacks, while nice in theory, gives you the ability to twist the frame. As much as it is requested, I would fight against this emphatically. Pairs, make sure you operate the jacks in a uniform plane.

2. We are using equalizer jacks right now and ALL of them now come with a Bluetooth app control. I believe that was a 2020 addition. On the 34KD I brought to the Rally, I never used the control pad. I leveled 100% standing outside using the app.

Th LCI jacks have that feature as well. In addition, they are using many aluminum parts and robotically machine cylinders which allows them to save some weight. I don't really the total number...maybe 20 lbs?
If independent jacking of a frame risks the chance of twisting the frame then maybe LCI needs to focus more on the frame than the leveling system and cylinders.
I'm a current FR guy but you would never have twisted the frame on my old NuWA and you sure wouldn't twist the frame on a Mobile Suites no matter how high you lifted either one at any one independent point on the frame.
I get it that "cheap" and "fast" is the new trend in the RV industry but why spend 4k on a levling system designed not to twist a cheaply made frame.
Doesnt make sense and seems like the priorities are in the wrong place if "twisting" is the biggest concern with leveling jacks...
If the pizza oven is burning the pizzas at the desired operation temp, you don't turn down the temp..you fix the problem😁
ARICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #52
Commercial Member

1. LCI does not build our frames
2. LCI does not provide our jacks.
3. This is not a 5th wheel

So, I understand what you are saying, but its a little bit of apples/oranges. A 5th wheel does not have a very heavy cab hanging off the front of it. So if you lift ONE corner of a 5th wheel...it can lift in a plane...IE, the opposite corner will stay in the same spot, but the other two can move. In a motorhome, you are at the four corners of the box section and still have to account for the Cab...

I don't see why a little "extra caution" is considered such a travesty.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #53

Quote:
1. LCI does not build our frames
2. LCI does not provide our jacks.
3. This is not a 5th wheel

So, I understand what you are saying, but its a little bit of apples/oranges. A 5th wheel does not have a very heavy cab hanging off the front of it. So if you lift ONE corner of a 5th wheel...it can lift in a plane...IE, the opposite corner will stay in the same spot, but the other two can move. In a motorhome, you are at the four corners of the box section and still have to account for the Cab...

I don't see why a little "extra caution" is considered such a travesty.
I would be more worried about damaging a frame on today's cheaply built fifth wheels and TTs before I would a motorhome...especially if said motorhome was on Spartan chassis (if custom) and I sure wouldn't ever worry if the Class C or A was built on a commercial chassis like Freighliner or KW which many are.
So you're right. We are talking apples and oranges in regards to motorhomes. We can't universally say that motorhomes are subject to frame twisting and distortion because we use one jack and raise it a little higher than normal.
I think the one or fifty people who have actually done this have caused leveling system engineers to "overreact".
Just my thoughts..not trying to quibble. I've seen more automatic leveling system snafus, frustrated RVers and "crooked RVs" in parks due to problematic auto leveling systems than I've ever seen or heard of twisted frames in twenty five plus years of camping, living, and working out of mine.
Regardless the system there should always be a "service disconnect" or "manual overide"....tech is great..but in case most folks haven't noticed we have more people complaining every day about how tech is broke
ARICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #54

Besides the Reset button I mentioned in post #46, how about also a STOP/Pause button. A number of times I have wanted to stop the Auto-Level process due to realizing the unit was too far out of level to start with, something was in the way, want to move the unit a little, etc.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #55

Doesnt holding the power button stop/cancel auto leveling? I'm certain turning the key off would.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
add sensor to hydraulic tank, bluetooth app can let you know if fluid is low, high, etc.... I do like the diagnosis in some other form than the blinking lights. The app does work great, and I like the idea of a camera etc... so you could keep an eye on the jack height. Lastly I would strengthen the pads, I know a few of the owners have bent the bottom plate when it wasnt exactly flat.

So I got the Bluetooth module. Went to install. Easy enough to plug and play but I have two questions. First, where do install and how do put the module in through the existing hole. Second, what is the name of the app? Can’t find it in the App Store.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #57
Commercial Member

Quote:
So I got the Bluetooth module. Went to install. Easy enough to plug and play but I have two questions. First, where do install and how do put the module in through the existing hole. Second, what is the name of the app? Can’t find it in the App Store.
App is EQ Smart Level

Old 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #58

Quote:
App is EQ Smart Level

Yep, found that a minute ago. Should have looked on the Equalizer site before I asked the question. Downloaded it and set up was a breeze. Works perfectly. Now, how to get it all back in the hole.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #59

I figured out how to get it in and mounted. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the panel out. After that, no problem. Great addition to the coach. Only wish I had known sooner!
Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #60
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Fully automatic airbag leveling system, on & off road.
While nice in concept, having just spent 3 days camping without leveling jacks, the coach is a LOT more bouncy and rocks and jiggles to every movement, breeze, etc w/o the jacks being deployed.

Though, having said that for the leveling jacks, I would still like the full air bag system just for clearance issues.

Only other thing I could add to all the other great ideas is that they should come with snap pads and a backup spring retractor so that when one fails, it doesn't hang down but stays up out of the way so you can drive. Or even a couple welded on eyelets on pad and above somewheres so you could rope it in place would help.

A couple simple contact sensors at full retract and at 2/3rds or so deployment with lights on individual jack representations at control panel and on app would be helpful. Kinda like pilots have for retractable gear on aircraft.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling