Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Leveling Jack Wish List

LCI is starting to plan their next generation leveling systems. They are selectively asking for help identifying exactly what that should be. No idea is far enough out for us not to discuss.

A few early examples are: Ability to remove touch pad and operate off phone, Ability to reset jacks and trouble shoot over phone rather than flashing lights, Smaller overall footprint with same stroke to help hide jacks when not extended. Optional camera mounted low to allow to watch jacks extend without kneeling next to unit, Electric Leveling System, RVC Compliant, ect……Larger Footpads and Bluetooth Capable were also mentioned but we already offer those.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #2

Fully automatic airbag leveling system, on & off road. No heavy jacks, no need for pads, no worry about retracting them, no clearance issues, no ability to raise or lower the coach, no hydraulic oil leaks, no gouging of pavement at rest stops,... Just had to throw this in again.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #3

Not a MH guy, but this is too good to pass up, sorry!

Built in Snap-Pads.......although bigger.

A "zerk" of sorts to apply lube from the top.

Go back to the type sold around 2015-16. Make SURE it has a remote.

Ability to have individual 'button' to raise or lower EACH jack separately.

Built in visible level somewhere.

Screen shot of exact degree each jack is out of level.

A VERY EASY way to bypass electronics and raise lower jacks manually.

I'm thinking.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #4

Biggest for me would be ability to run each jack independently or in pairs. Right now the power gear setup won't let you run the fronts independently.

Higher clearance with same stroke always good. They hang down a bit far for my liking. Downside is may need pads to use the upper ends of stroke but man the tires are pretty high in that case

Bluetooth on the phone would be great. Allows leveling while being outside to see what's going on. Alternatively a secondary bin mounted control panel. I keep watching the 5er guys do it standing outside and it makes so much more sense.

Ability to run off batteries. I'm still at a loss why I need to have the engine running. I've got solar and shore power that can provide plenty of juice most times, not to mention a huge house bank.

Electric screw jack has always interested me but while hydraulic is messy sometimes you can't beat the power and speed. That said a screw jack setup would likely reduce some of the system complexity

Auto leveler logic that actually works without going 3" higher than it needs to lol

Alright I think that's it. Maybe. For now.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #5

1) As previously mentioned, ability to control jacks independently.
2) As previously mentioned, Control from outside the coach, phone app or outdoor control of some sort. If going to the phone, don't ditch the manual control, think broken/ lost phone or troubleshooting without the complexity of technology.
3) a sensor that would notify if out of the leveling systems capability, so one could apply blocking under the ram and get the level right the FIRST time.
4) A voltage sensor that would allow use without running motor, which would allow total deflation of air ride systems before leveling resulting in a lower coach at campsites.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #6

add sensor to hydraulic tank, bluetooth app can let you know if fluid is low, high, etc.... I do like the diagnosis in some other form than the blinking lights. The app does work great, and I like the idea of a camera etc... so you could keep an eye on the jack height. Lastly I would strengthen the pads, I know a few of the owners have bent the bottom plate when it wasnt exactly flat.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #7

Ability to raise the jacks independently after they are down rather than resetting the whole process if they are to high.
Worm43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 PM   #8
Retired Army Paratrooper

Seems like all the major issues have been addressed and I am sure they will all be looked into. My suggestion would be some type of lights. Setting up at night sometimes you need to see what your jacks are going to be sitting on.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
LCI……Larger Footpads and Bluetooth Capable were also mentioned but we already offer those.

Bluetooth capable? Would that be on a 2018 XL?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:57 AM   #10

Must be a different system, but I can operate my front jacks (as a pair) independently. None of our jacks can be operated individually, though. That would be a nice option to have.

Also, our system works off the battery. I’m second guessing myself now, but I thought it was actually disabled when the engine was running (or key on).

I like the stronger pad and light suggestions. I’ve bent one of ours (with a snap pad on it) when setting up in the sand.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #11

Yeah, I'll join the masses in saying that being able to operate the jacks in pairs is nice and has come in handy, but being able to operate them individually would be really, REALLY great!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
MSgt & MSgt, USAF Retired

On our 2020 we can operate them from the phone. Haven't quite figured out all the operations yet. They sort of work independently when they want to. The system I had on my High Country allowed me to drive any of the 6 individually. I'd also like to see the panel power off by itself at some point. I know mine has stayed powered up for days on end when it came on at starting the truck.
2020 Ultra CVO
Traded in 2020 ISATA 5 36DS
clockcuff_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Let me corral this a bit (I am passing this on in its entirety, but....).

1. Jacks in pairs: there is a reason for this. Individual control of jacks, while nice in theory, gives you the ability to twist the frame. As much as it is requested, I would fight against this emphatically. Pairs, make sure you operate the jacks in a uniform plane.

2. We are using equalizer jacks right now and ALL of them now come with a Bluetooth app control. I believe that was a 2020 addition. On the 34KD I brought to the Rally, I never used the control pad. I leveled 100% standing outside using the app.

Th LCI jacks have that feature as well. In addition, they are using many aluminum parts and robotically machine cylinders which allows them to save some weight. I don't really the total number...maybe 20 lbs?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Let me corral this a bit (I am passing this on in its entirety, but....).

1. Jacks in pairs: there is a reason for this. Individual control of jacks, while nice in theory, gives you the ability to twist the frame. As much as it is requested, I would fight against this emphatically. Pairs, make sure you operate the jacks in a uniform plane.

2. We are using equalizer jacks right now and ALL of them now come with a Bluetooth app control. I believe that was a 2020 addition. On the 34KD I brought to the Rally, I never used the control pad. I leveled 100% standing outside using the app.
Some of us have added the aftermarket bluetooth module. I level outside the coach using my iPhone so I can see what's going on. Works great. There are some great ideas here.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Some of us have added the aftermarket bluetooth module. I level outside the coach using my iPhone so I can see what's going on. Works great. There are some great ideas here.

Where would one go about getting the aftermarket module? Call LCI?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
We don't use LCI, we use Equalizer. So you would call Equalizer, which I think is what your jacks should be.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #17

Quote:
We don't use LCI, we use Equalizer. So you would call Equalizer, which I think is what your jacks should be.

Dang it! I knew that. Had to order 2 replacement foot pads from “EQUALIZER”! Duh! Have know idea where my brain went with LCI????
Old 07-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #18

Something light weight for the Isata 3
Old 07-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
This is where I bought mine. Easy install.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Equal...ule-p/3427.htm
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #20

I'll argue that one a bit regarding twist and Jack's in pairs. Ive had kiddie corner tires dangling more than once because of the fronts only working together. This is a telltale sign of twist. Granted it was because I was doing things I shouldn't with tire blocks, but if I could've just operated the jacks independently it wouldn't have been an issue and I could've skipped all the games with blocking. As it stands now if the ground is not almost perfectly level side to side you've got to fool the system into thinking it is before it'll even try.

Tags
leveling