Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2020, 06:08 PM   #1

Unhappy leveling system / ground clearance

Hello All,
I recently bought a 2019 dynamax isata 3. It has all the stuff I wanted,, to include the auto leveling system.I love it so far ,,, however, i am looking for a way to either raise the back end, or change out the rear level jacks to a type that would fold up( to a 90 degree angle ) after they are fully retracted.
The issue I am having is that the rear jacks hang down very low, even when fully retracted up, and therefore will not allow me to pull the coach into my rv pad in my back yard. there is a bit of an incline, and as I try to start going up the incline, the rear of my coach is lower as I go up the incline and the rear level jacks hit the ground , not allowing me to continue up the incline without causing serious damage to the levelers . I did look at the plate the jacks are attached to, and it is up as high as it allows.
any suggestions would be great.

thank you
buenagirl
buenagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #2

Have you tried backing it in place?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #3

Do you have rear air bags? If so try 90psi in them. Mine bring the rear up a couple inches.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Have you tried backing it in place?
^^^^^ x2
Backing it up would probably solve the problem.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #5

Hello,,

Yes I have tried backing it in. still will not clear.
thank you
buenagirl
Old 02-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #6

hello,,,
thank you for the info on the rear air bags. I do not have rear air bags but have been looking into having them installed. Just wasn't sure how much lift it would get me. a couple of inches "may" be enough ,, but I think I would need about 3 to 4 inches. do the air bags give more than 2 inches lift ??
Old 02-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenagirl View Post
hello,,,
thank you for the info on the rear air bags. I do not have rear air bags but have been looking into having them installed. Just wasn't sure how much lift it would get me. a couple of inches "may" be enough ,, but I think I would need about 3 to 4 inches. do the air bags give more than 2 inches lift ??
My Ford based Sunseeker came with the Firestone rear air springs. Filling the bags from 5 to 95 PSI, the body over the rear axle changes 7/8 inch in height. The change might be around 1.5 inches at the rear bumper on my 27 foot coach. I don’t think air bags will help your situation.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #8

Is your parking pad and incline concrete/asphalt or gravel? If its gravel add more gravel and regrade.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Hello All,
I recently bought a 2019 dynamax isata 3. It has all the stuff I wanted,, to include the auto leveling system.I love it so far ,,, however, i am looking for a way to either raise the back end, or change out the rear level jacks to a type that would fold up( to a 90 degree angle ) after they are fully retracted.
The issue I am having is that the rear jacks hang down very low, even when fully retracted up, and therefore will not allow me to pull the coach into my rv pad in my back yard. there is a bit of an incline, and as I try to start going up the incline, the rear of my coach is lower as I go up the incline and the rear level jacks hit the ground , not allowing me to continue up the incline without causing serious damage to the levelers . I did look at the plate the jacks are attached to, and it is up as high as it allows.
any suggestions would be great.

thank you
buenagirl
Race Ramps might give you just enough to get past the dip. I remember helping a guy that had the back end of his rig drag on the ground and wouldn't move. All it took was some of those leveling blocks to raise up the rear wheels a few inches.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:14 PM   #10

race ramps huh...cool i will google them and see if that might work

thank you
buenagirl
Old 02-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #11

Quote:
race ramps huh...cool i will google them and see if that might work

thank you
buenagirl
Or maybe some 2x10's
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #12
Paul & Dianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco52 View Post
Race Ramps might give you just enough to get past the dip. I remember helping a guy that had the back end of his rig drag on the ground and wouldn't move. All it took was some of those leveling blocks to raise up the rear wheels a few inches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiejack75 View Post
Or maybe some 2x10's
Check the 2x10’s first. I had Race Ramps. Loved them for what the were made for... my hobby sports car. For an RV, two things to check. First, they are pricey, especially compared to Lowes or HD LOL. Second, they will probably not be rated for the weight of your RV. Mine were rated for only 3000 lbs... as a set, so 1500 lbs each. Race Ramps are a foam body of some kind, so trying to cheat probably won’t work out too well.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #13

On my fiver, there are a million adjustment holes. The rear leveling Jack's look a but low on mine as well, have you checked to see if the jack can be moved up into a different set of holes? I'm going to monitor mine, but, may end up making the same adjustment.
Orlando bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #14

thank you Orlando Bull.
I have checked the adjustment holes and my jacks are already up to the top hole and can not be adjusted up any further.

thanks again
buenagirl
Old 02-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #15

Go to Lowes and get two of the heavy duty 5" caster wheels; they run about $18 each. Really stout forged wheel and rubber tire and have dual grease zircs for the axle and bushing. Bolt them onto your rear skid straps and when the back end gets close to the dip it will raise the back end enough to clear everything.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #16

I def am going to add the caster wheels. however, I do not think it will solve the leveling jack clearance problem as the jacks are a little behind the back tires and have about 6 inches of ground clearance and the rear skid where I would put the caster wheels , is at the back bumper area and have about 15 + inches of ground clearance. therefore the jacks would still hit the ground long before the caster wheels would come into play.

Tags
leveling