Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Don't they have the same temp specs as the BBs?
They have a built in heater and thermostat versus buying external ones for the BB.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
They have a built in heater and thermostat versus buying external ones for the BB.
Very true but the Relion's list for just under $1400 and the BB's just over $900.

Add a $200 heat pad from BB for their batteries(or a $45 tank heater pad from Amazon) and the there certainly is a premium to be paid for the Relion's.

Not being critical of the Relions, just pointing out the significant extra cost.

FWIW, those who have their LFP batteries mounted somewhere in the heated living space, heat for these batteries is a non-issue. LFP battery mfr's recommend against charging while in storage and freezing temps don't bother them unless charging.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:17 PM   #183

Quote:
The ones that are closer in price to the BBs do not have a heater.

I agree with Mike. My BBs are in the living area. Never an issue.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #184

I was in Yosemite from this Sunday to yesterday and temperatures dropped down to 30 degrees at night. I checked my BB’s in the morning with a temp gun and they were 45 degrees and so were the compartment walls and floor. We set the thermostat down to 52 degrees at night. My batteries are in the stepwell. The BB performed fantastically with very fast charging. Did run the generator for about 30 minutes in the morning while making breakfast and another hour in the evening while making dinner. Solar was useless with all the trees blocking the sun and ambient light was low... Only gained about 5 ah recharge from the solar all day.
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Very true but the Relion's list for just under $1400 and the BB's just over $900.

Add a $200 heat pad from BB for their batteries(or a $45 tank heater pad from Amazon) and the there certainly is a premium to be paid for the Relion's.

Not being critical of the Relions, just pointing out the significant extra cost.

FWIW, those who have their LFP batteries mounted somewhere in the heated living space, heat for these batteries is a non-issue. LFP battery mfr's recommend against charging while in storage and freezing temps don't bother them unless charging.
I don't want to give too much away but apples to apples I paid about $50 more for my Relion LT's over the BB/heatwrap setup thanks to Black Friday deals. That was a no brainer for me.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #186

Attached is the correct settings for our Magnum ME-RC50 controller if using LifeBlue batteries. ; )
Attached Files
File Type: pdf P04 charging.pdf (51.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #187

Quote:
I don't want to give too much away....
Curious what that means.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #188

Quote:
Curious what that means.
When I hear that it usually means the person got a better deal than anyone else could ever get and they don't want to reveal how. Afraid they won't be able to get the same deal in the future.

Since "Black Friday" has passed I'm not sure why the secrecy myself but to each their own

FWIW I got a good deal on my BB's and Black Friday was half a year away. Only $800 each for "B Stock". Same warranty and performance is great. They'll last longer than I will.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:10 PM   #189

Quote:
When I hear that it usually means the person got a better deal than anyone else could ever get and they don't want to reveal how. Afraid they won't be able to get the same deal in the future.

Since "Black Friday" has passed I'm not sure why the secrecy myself but to each their own

FWIW I got a good deal on my BB's and Black Friday was half a year away. Only $800 each for "B Stock". Same warranty and performance is great. They'll last longer than I will.
I know...I love it when people think they have it over the rest of us! LOL
Old 12-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #190
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Curious what that means.
Quote:

X3
Why even mention that?
If we're here helping others, we should be passing those deals along.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
X3
Why even mention that?
If we're here helping others, we should be passing those deals along.
To elaborate on Battleborn's "B-Stock" batteries, they are batteries with blemishes or imperfections in the case. Nothing wrong with the batteries internally. For those that are more interested in performance than appearance they are a great way to save.

They're not advertised so call Battleborn and ask. At the time I bought mine they were only $800 each. Cyber-Monday they were $839.

It always seems to help when I call and talk to sales people directly rather than just going online and filling out an order form.

In the tire business we used to get "Blem's" too. They were often just over-produced tires where a vehicle manufacturer might have changed production sizes on a line and didn't take delivery on the last hundred thousand or so tires previously contracted. Tire manufacturer would dispose of them through their wholesale channels and brand them "BLEM" so they didn't have to warranty them like "new". Law prohibited selling a defective tire so the cost conscious snapped them up like hotcakes.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #192

When I bought my Battleborns I simply mentioned I was a "senior citizen" and they immediately offered me a discount of 5% if I remember correctly. They also discount for military service.
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #193

Quote:
I don't want to give too much away but apples to apples I paid about $50 more for my Relion LT's over the BB/heatwrap setup thanks to Black Friday deals. That was a no brainer for me.
What he is hinting at is that you do not need to pay the published price for the batteries if you contact sales either by phone or email. I bought my four Relion RB100-LT's, two at a time receiving 15% off the first pair and 20% off the second.

My sale contact was Brad Green (bgreen@relionbattery.com). I'm sure he would be happy to hear from anyone interested.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote