Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2021, 12:10 AM   #1

Longer Couch fit?

I have a 2018 DX3 37TS. I noticed the new DX3's have (what i call) a "3 place" couch. The newer couch looks long enough for me to relax on (Im 5'10"). My 2018 has a shorter couch with a pull-out bed. Love the pull out bed for guests, but when not using it for that its very difficult to relax on since its so short and doesn't recline.

Did the slide out get bigger or the dinette smaller to fit the larger couch? This is a MUST DO upgrade for me in the next few months. In some way im going to get a larger couch.

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:42 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Neither....you might just be talking about the 34KD floor plan. That one does have a longer sofa or a triple recliner. Also 5'-10" and it was very nice to lay on.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:23 AM   #3

couch and dinette

I have a 2015 DX3BH. Will the 2021 couch and dinette fit in my slide length wise? My service person just told me that the part number given to me by Dynamax parts are longer available from Lippert.
hines5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
Commercial Member

The slide opening (at least the main living room one) has not changed. So todays furniture should fit.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hines5000 View Post
I have a 2015 DX3BH. Will the 2021 couch and dinette fit in my slide length wise? My service person just told me that the part number given to me by Dynamax parts are longer available from Lippert.
OK, Mark is correct, we no longer do those comfort lounge setups. (LCI just doesn't make them any more). He was just in here and I was going to have him explain, but its best if I give some direction.

I forgot that we had some 15's still with the curved walls (that was the year we switched) so it gets a little complicated.

I am guessing you have the comfort lounge & barrel chair pictured below.

In theory, the slide lengths are the same. So today's Sofa/Dinette combo should fit (it can't be just the sofa as your dinette is completely different). The dinette we use today is about 70 3/4" (42" deep) and the sofa is roughly 64".

If you measure the slide, side to side, we can confirm it will fit. BUT you also need to measure the depth. I can't remember if we made the slide floor deeper to accommodate a bigger dinette or if the we made the dinette bigger to take full advantage of the slide floor.

The 2nd picture is what we run today.

They are also not doing barrel chairs. I would recommend finding a "Euro recliner". It will be more cost effective as they come in stock colors, black, beige, gray. (keeps costs down).

As for driver/passenger seats. They also don't make those seat frames anymore as we stopped using them and changed to stock seats. You could get a stock seat from Freightliner, but you would need a stock pedestal as well.

PS. In the end, it might be better to try and source stuff from Rec Pro. "in stock" stuff with stock colors will be way more cost effective than custom stuff (IE our colors) and our costs have doubled on furniture in the last 6 months. Most of our suppliers will not even sell us retail furniture as they can't keep up with OEM demand.

A ladder supplier just canceled 100% of all backorders and service orders as they had no hope of filling them. They then allocated quantities to each plant based on historical numbers. So if you had 300 on order, they canceled them and told you that you can now have 40 per week...that's it. I would venture to say a lot of OEM's will start deleting ladders. (we were ahead of the curve)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37BH.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	263287   Click image for larger version

Name:	37BD Today.png
Views:	39
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	263288  

Old 09-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #6

I've been through this on another thread I started a while back. I am still wanting a recliner sofa that doubles as a pull out bed to squeeze into my 2021 Force 37TS. Even if I had to modify the dinette to get another inch or two. I believe the problem I was having wasn't so much space, as it was, I couldn't find a sleeper recliner setup.

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #7

My idea is to modify the front backrest of the dinette to be removable and cut down the arm of the couch...this way you could lay on the couch and your legs would go into the dinette seat area. My upholstery guy we use at work for our upholstery says if i do the frame work he can easily cover it and make it look factory. Not sure im going to go that route, but it is a possibility.

--John
Old 09-24-2021, 06:30 PM   #8

That sounds like an interesting idea. Not what I am looking for, but I bet a lot of other people would be interested. If I lay down on a sofa, its sayonara within five minutes. The place I go prone is in bed. But if anyone has a source for a recliner sleeper sofa that I could squeeze in, please chime in. Maybe no such thing. I'm not sure they can get the mechanics of a recliner and sleeper in the same thing. Too much going on. That's what I think or someone would have done it.

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:11 PM   #9
Commercial Member

The only "recliner sofa" is a Tri-Fold sofa from Williamsburg that has leg extensions. Not the same as the back does not go down.I don't know of any recliner sofa that exists. If it does, it will not do neither one well.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #10

I think thats the one i have. Comftorable to sit in, but zero recline. The footrest is kindof silly, because why would you want to put your feet up without reclining.

It is very cool though how the bed comes out and the bed is quite comfortable, even for adults.

--John

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The only "recliner sofa" is a Tri-Fold sofa from Williamsburg that has leg extensions. Not the same as the back does not go down.I don't know of any recliner sofa that exists. If it does, it will not do neither one well.