Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
We had a toy hauler before, sold it about a year ago, and are in a bit of a holding pattern before our next move. Long story. I am leaning towards a Super C when we return to RVing. Given the scarcity of inventory, it's a bit of a challenge to get a look at one, so I took a ride to a dealer with a DX3 on hand.

Pretty sure it was a '21 37TS. We'd likely go RB, and I favor the XL for the additional ponies. Just wanted to get an idea on build quality. Looked at it with the slides in, and there was good access. I didn't have the boss with me, so I didn't spend a great deal of time, plus I didn't want to take up much of the dealer's time, given this is not an imminent purchase.

Unlike many very high end coaches we've looked at at RV shows, I did not see any glaring QC issues, which is pretty impressive. We've seen some horrendous looking stuff of Tiffins, Newmars, etc. I did expect to see dovetail drawers, though. I did like the flooring.

Before I say this, let me say that I don't mean to offend, just my opinion follows. I know the M2 is a vocational truck, and I grew up in the lumber business, and spent a good bit of time in medium duty trucks. The dash layout, and steering wheel look out of place in a coach of this caliber. The reach to some controls is a bit much. For instance, it seems like the Jake switch could be by the Allison controller, more in the driver's field of vision, instead of to the right of the Park Brake. The M2 is offered with a more wraparound dash, but perhaps it would make access to and from the coach too difficult?? Again, not bashing.
You won’t be disappointed with a Dynamax. Build quality is very good IMO. Just picked up our XL 37RB after a long wait caused by COVID interruptions. Dealer did a great PDI and found just some cosmetic issues that one would have to look really hard to see. Parts on order and I’ll fix myself when I have them. We had a Force before this one and loved it. You will find that Dynamax sticks with its customers. Not every GM is on line to assist with questions and help you get the help you need. Good luck with your search.
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #22

The best word to describe a DX3 compared to a pusher is “Tough!” She’s a truck and built to take a beatin.

The first time I climbed a mountain in the desert at 110 deg, towing 15,000 lbs and that fan clicked in and cooled it right down I realized that.

More power - yes, I would love it. The cascadia with the 600HP 2000 ft lbs, but, for now the DX is great for me. The only place I have any troubles is the mountains and, for a few hills, I’ll keep the other $250,000 in the bank [emoji51].

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #23

Looked at a fresh TS floorplan today. Nice layout. Still need to see an RB. This one had not been PDI'd yet, and the entry steps were inop, and one of the screws on the breaker panel had been overtorqued and broke the cover. No big deal.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #24

Took a quick look at a Renegade Verona VRB today. Pretty dang nice, I must say.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #25

On units with Girard(?) rooftop awnings, do they just run, basically, nearly straight out, or do they move downward, once fully extended?
Old 09-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #26

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	262652
Girard awnings on a DYNAQUEST XL
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #27

Thanks for the photo!
Old 11-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #28

Finally got a chance to check out an XL 3801TS today. It's a new '21 and still had the tile floor. Dovetail drawers a plus. Drawer bottoms still pretty thin, but OK. Wife(me too)is not a big fan of the split bath, but the extra counter space with the televator down is a plus. She also commented on the furniture comfort versus some of the Class A's we have looked at, or even the Vanleigh Beacon fivers. I can't disagree. Have not managed to see a Newmar yet, but really don't need a tandem, and the Superstar puts you back to the 360 horse L9.

Overall, very nice, and I am definitely drawn to the higher horse tune afforded by the 112 cab/hood.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Finally got a chance to check out an XL 3801TS today. It's a new '21 and still had the tile floor. Dovetail drawers a plus. Drawer bottoms still pretty thin, but OK. Wife(me too)is not a big fan of the split bath, but the extra counter space with the televator down is a plus. She also commented on the furniture comfort versus some of the Class A's we have looked at, or even the Vanleigh Beacon fivers. I can't disagree. Have not managed to see a Newmar yet, but really don't need a tandem, and the Superstar puts you back to the 360 horse L9.

Overall, very nice, and I am definitely drawn to the higher horse tune afforded by the 112 cab/hood.
Which dealer had a new 3801TS on their lot??
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #30

Quote:

We own a 2021 3801 TS. The split bath is a plus in our opinion. One can be in the shower or taking care of business (if you know what I mean), while the other is drying hair, putting on makeup etc. if you have guests it becomes an advantage as well. If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a PM. This is our second 3801 TS. Had a 2018 previously.
Hopefully you got to drive it!
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
Which dealer had a new 3801TS on their lot??

Anthem RV.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
We own a 2021 3801 TS. The split bath is a plus in our opinion. One can be in the shower or taking care of business (if you know what I mean), while the other is drying hair, putting on makeup etc. if you have guests it becomes an advantage as well. If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a PM. This is our second 3801 TS. Had a 2018 previously.
Hopefully you got to drive it!

I didn't ask to drive it, simply because we are not anywhere close to buying yet, and I am upfront with salesmen with that. I can't say we rushed into our last RV, a toy hauler, but I definitely made some rookie errors. Have not totally ruled out a fiver, at this point. Pluses and minuses to every format. with toy, without toy, with toad, without toad. Super C is still on top of my list, though.

I definitely see where the split bath has advantages. I guess we favor the bath and a half for the privacy of the master bath, and the handy factor of the half bath. There are definitely tradeoffs, though. Still lots a things to weigh out.

Thanks for the info!

Tags
dx3