Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #1

Looking at older Dynaquest

We own a solera and was told we could trailer tow our jeep behind...but that isn't going to work...so now we are looking at Dynaquest. We like the shorter versions, I think 2011 is the last of the 31 foot 300st or 302st. The models we have been looking at are 264 st 300st 302 st Then I saw a grand sport..can anyone tell me the differences?
quilttours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #2

I really like the Grand Sport.. think it has more bells and whistles. Almost bought one but it had a Cat engine... not a Cat fan. But the coach was beautiful.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #3

We flat tow our wrangler rubicon 2 door behind our solera, works great. Jeep weighs about 4000.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #4

Doesn't that max you out? with motorhome loaded with water and fuel? My hubby wants to trailer...he is a retired tow truck driver and can only think the times he would need to back up. And the biggest scare are the brakes? with a heavier load...I will pass this on to him and let it set in...but to AWF1945...I can't seem to see anything different inside the grand sport..but outside it doesn't have the back window or the back trunk, it's just that much shorter...and this an older model so the hinges on cabinets are the old type, no hardwood floor, no led lights and older microwave...I thought maybe it was just the body style a little different and the cat engine...and you say no to the cat engine?
quilttours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #5

No problem towing Jeep. Ours isn't modded much and back seat removed. It's so easy to disconnect
That if needed to back up just disconnect. We towed it from San Diego to Oregon over mountains
Slowed to 45 but made it easily
On the flat don't even know it's there. Have an auxiliary braking system, seems to stop better when towing
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #6

[QUOTE= AWF1945...I can't seem to see anything different inside the grand sport..but outside it doesn't have the back window or the back trunk, it's just that much shorter...and this an older model so the hinges on cabinets are the old type, no hardwood floor, no led lights and older microwave...I thought maybe it was just the body style a little different and the cat engine...and you say no to the cat engine?[/QUOTE]

The Grand Sport I looked at was beautiful. Sorry I don't remember the year now. It may have been custom. It had all white leather interior including white carpet. It had a Caterpillar engine in which I'm not a fan...that's just my thing.. I'm Cummins, or Detroit..