Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2023, 09:30 PM   #1

Looking for Floorplan

We are looking for a Super C Bunkhouse where the middle bunks has a jackknife sofa on the bottom. We saw one in Seffner, Fl back in 2017. Pic below with subject blurred out shows the outside. Note, I am NOT asking for "For Sale" just possible year, make, and model(floorpan number).

We have similar in C class. See my sig.

Everything has grown bigger in the last 6 years - me, the boys and our toys.

Our class C is too small but we love the three separate sleeping areas (Cab over, jackknife mid-coach, bedroom)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1346 (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	284941  
2007 Ford Escape Toad-5 spd manual
Blue Ox Alpha tow bar/Blue Ox Patriot brake
BamaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:58 AM   #2

Your picture looks like a 2018 Force. Dynamax no longer makes the Force, but any of the BunkHouse models will have a similar layout, as long as the unit was ordered with the fold out sofa and not the theatre seats. We had theatre seats on our 2018 Force BH. The new models are BD, and you can still get the fold out sofa, just not a Force.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:10 AM   #3

I think they are looking for a sofa in place of the bottom bunk. Problem with the BD, assuming it could be done, is you would block the walkway and entrance to the bathroom.
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:20 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I was actually part of the team that designed that floor plan at Sunseeker.
3170 Sunseeker/3171 Forester

At the time, I had kids that liked to play video games (OK, maybe I did too). The problem with the separate bunks and bunk TV's, is that you could not really watch the same movie or game had to head. We also added seatbelts to the bottom jackknife so you could sit there in transit. Good floor plan, I actually went from Calgary to Jasper in that one.

While it has not been designed in an M2...we have talked about how to make it work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016_ForestRiver_Sunseeker_3170DS.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	284947  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #5

Thanks BC. Yes, that is the floor plan. We have really enjoyed it in the 3170DS and are looking for a similar floor plan in Super C with larger capacities.

Our 3170DS has seat belts at the mid-coach couch. The kids could play video games and watch DVDs as we traveled.

More importantly, now that the kids are bigger, the kid at the mid-coach jackknife has their own "bedroom" and the kid on the cab-over has their own "bedroom".

Great floor plan.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Our guys are going to lay that on on a Europa. it had sort of been on the "wish list" for some time. Once we get a rough draft, I will post it up for feedback.

The one thing I might ask for is induction cook top instead of LP. That would avoid running LP into the slide room. We do it all the time, so maybe it is not a big deal, but I also think induction gives a little more counter space, which is somewhat tight in that floor plan.

Old 03-21-2023, 11:46 AM   #7
Commercial Member

here is the first pass at it.

This would be 35'-4"

To stay with the "europa" theme, I would like to see a King bed and at least a washer/dryer combo. That would add about 12"...so 36'-4".

Also need to figure out what to do with the TV...doesn't really work there and we have been moving all of the TV's out of the bunk.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	284991  

Old 03-22-2023, 09:31 PM   #8

Agree that getting the TV out of the bunk would be great. My next coach would also go with an induction range.

We do not boondock but if I did I would be cooking outside anyway.

Can you swap the dinette with the sofa then use an elevator TV behind the dinette in the slideout? In the proposed format, an elevator tv would conflict with the outside tv.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:25 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrad View Post
Agree that getting the TV out of the bunk would be great. My next coach would also go with an induction range.

We do not boondock but if I did I would be cooking outside anyway.

Can you swap the dinette with the sofa then use an elevator TV behind the dinette in the slideout? In the proposed format, an elevator tv would conflict with the outside tv.
Won't work depth wise. Televator takes up far too much space to go into slide. Dinette would be very small. I have some thoughts.

Here is another version we are looking at.

Two factors seem to come into play.
1. Is a washer/dryer prep necessary. In my mind, an RV washer/dryer is fine for a couple...but it is FAR too small to be workable for a family. But, everything thinks they want one.

2. King or Queen. Everyone seems to want the King in our stuff. 12" of space we can use for other things.

This is no W/D, but WITH a King. 37'. I would like to stay 36' and under for the Europa/.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	285029  

Old 03-25-2023, 07:19 PM   #10

Not this floor plan but I wouldn’t have minded smaller a queen in our Europa and 12” more storage or even just shorten it up another foot I was looking for the shortest rig I could get with the tow capacity and a separate bedroom, but again you can’t please everyone
1998 Monaco Windsor 34PST
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:45 AM   #11

@bclemens thanks for sharing your thought process. Sets Dynamax apart (for those doing research online).

Having cross shopped the Europa SS to the Force KD, BB to me feels like a Force floor plan @ 36+'. Don't envy you on making these product calls. I also cross shopped used Dynamax 30/32/34 with the Europa SS. More than a few other Europa owners I have chatted with are doing mainly "couples" usage and length matters.

IMHO, I think that is the sweet spot for the Europa. Needing 4+ (teens and above) on a regular basis I do not think is the sweet spot for the Europa line. That moves into Force/DX3 and other brands Super Cs. The unique appeal of the Europa is its length and FR chassis, upsizing brings lots competition into play. While Nexus line has the length, the INTL chassis and house construction / furnishings are not comparable.

Just spitballing, I do wonder about the FR cab and if a more out of the box design approach could find a way to use that space better. It would come at the expense of the bunk turning into storage / transformer. I'm sure there are some DOT hurdles to overcome too with messing with those seats.
  1. A Murphy bed like transformer like design approach that converts the FR seating positions into a bench seat, that transforms into a couch / recliner combo / seating area. Above storage (no bunk) when transformed. That would then free up the couch / theater seat space.
  2. Or a dinette transformer that drops down from above that frees up the dinette space.
  3. Some type of drop down, swing in kitchen work /cabinet space, freeing up some kitchen space.
It is nice that the FR seats swivel, but can't help see that as underutilized space when parked (vs adding length at the rear). Easier said then done, but would be revolutionary in the Super C line (reclaimed / double duty space / existing length). The B vans seem to be finding some new innovative uses of tight space / double duty use, but come up short on bathroom and towing.

From the FB build postings, it sure looks like you have a hit on your hands with the SS and KD.
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:27 PM   #12

Interesting! Following this thread as we have a 28SS, and kids in elementary school. We LOVE the 288ss for size - can get into every state and national park without a tow vehicle. However as the kids get bigger, we can see us outgrow this 28SS, and have already been looking on next step. Now the other Dynamax bunk model are at 40 feet. A few other manufacturers have non M2 bunkhouse at under 36, but they cant compete with the quality of Dynamax.
IMO, keep this as a shorty model with bunks. A queen master still works. And the washer/dryer is worthless for a larger family.

+1 Short M2 with Bunks!
#Dynamaxforlife
jasperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 02:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrad View Post
We are looking for a Super C Bunkhouse where the middle bunks has a jackknife sofa on the bottom. We saw one in Seffner, Fl back in 2017. Pic below with subject blurred out shows the outside. Note, I am NOT asking for "For Sale" just possible year, make, and model(floorpan number).

We have similar in C class. See my sig.

Everything has grown bigger in the last 6 years - me, the boys and our toys.

Our class C is too small but we love the three separate sleeping areas (Cab over, jackknife mid-coach, bedroom)
The 2017-2019 Isata 5 Bunkhouse (35DB) has a jack knife sofa for the lower bunk.

Of course, with that said, it's not going to be on the Freightliner chassis, but I'm not entirely certain if that's what you are chasing.
Old 04-11-2023, 02:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
here is the first pass at it.

This would be 35'-4"

To stay with the "europa" theme, I would like to see a King bed and at least a washer/dryer combo. That would add about 12"...so 36'-4".

Also need to figure out what to do with the TV...doesn't really work there and we have been moving all of the TV's out of the bunk.

I like this one A LOT more than the other floor plan you proposed. Personally, I could care less about the WD hookup because, as you said, it's going to be pretty useless for a family. A king bed would be a "nice to have", but not at the cost of the ~2' bigger rig.

....but, also as you mentioned, I'd love to see options that move the cooktop off the slide.

Tags
floor