Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #1

M2 Front Suspension Improvement

Finished the Donvel installation and am very impressed with the improvement. Jarring from bridge gaps, rail road crossings, and rough highways has been improved meaningfully. Also noticed a significant improvement in sway as a result of the air pressure regulators on each bag.

Key is to adjust the pressure for the road conditions and tune to the most improvement. I’ve kept the pressure at about 65 lbs of pressure and adjusted from there. I pulled air from the 1/4” line that supplies the fan clutch. Will be relocating the gauge and air switch at a later date…likely installing it in the dash.

Cost is about $2,000 all in if you have a shop install them. Can be done as a DYI if you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3074.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	265396Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	265397Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3082.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	265398Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3080.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	265399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3081.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	265400
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:14 PM   #2

This looks very interesting. I was looking for some improvement earlier this year. We had a trip through Minnesota, North & South Dakota and had a lot of bad cross wind. The M2-112 without the sway bars can get a top heavy feel in high winds.

I ended installing the Timbren units on the front and back. I would of loved to have sway bars but Roadmaster would not work with me. They said they did not have anything to fid and any thing I try would be at my risk. No returns and no guarantee to fit or work.

The results were actually good. Went through Texas and Oklahoma with wind and felt much better. The ride was a little better and sway was much improved. I would of loved to know about this before. I might of installed it. I like the ability to adjust as needed.
Old 11-08-2021, 12:58 AM   #3
Señor Miembro

Roadmaster didn’t have front sway bars for an M2-112 until a couple weeks ago. They installed the prototype in my rig in Sept and so, I would Ass-u-me, they should have them in production soon.
They made a difference but I hadn’t been driving it much lately to have a good feel for the change. Dang thing has been in the shop for the last half year (as usual). So I can’t give you much detail on the driving improvement other than, it did seem to take the tight corners and rolling winding roads to our house better. It seemed tighter and less rolly. It wasn’t as noticeable as when I had the rear sway bar installed. But maybe that’s cause the rear one already stiffened it up a lot. Still, I’m happy with the way it drives now. A world of difference compared to stock.
All I had to do to get a good ride is: Install Fox shocks, replace the out of round tires, rebalance the driveline, install front and rear anti-sway bars and add a steering dampener. Easy.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #4

This is an interesting setup. Did they have this as a ready to go kit, or did you have to fill out their custom order form/measurement sheet, as per their web site?

This would be a great factory option, whether from Freightshaker or Dynamax.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension