Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 06:14 AM   #1

M2 Shocks Koni's? Interesting read...

Posted By: the_armadillo on 02/21/13 08:21am

Our M2 has the AF-12 12000# front axle and ARS-21 21000# Airliner rear axle with 6x4 u-bolt plates. I'm mentioning this since the suspension is customizable and quite variable from truck to truck depending on how it was ordered by the RV manufacturer, so check your visor decal and measure the rear u-bolt plates before ordering anything listed here.

Shocks: our front shock were OEM Sachs units and with the amount of rear weight and overhang tended to allow the cab to oscillate several times when hitting bumps or bridge approaches before damping the shock. They only had 8000 miles on them, so were not worn out just not adequate. Talked to KONI directly and they specified 881641SP3. These are adjustible shocks and I set them to 1/2 turn above minimum damping when I installed. No more bounce, just a single up/down damp out like it should be and no additional harshness to the ride.

Sway bars: noticed that the M2's on the new Dynamax units had factory front sway bars, so started searching and contacted Roadmaster directly for advice. I've purchased a 1209-126 for the front and 1209-113 for the rear. The front 126 bar is not listed in most places on the web, after getting the correct part number from Roadmaster, I contacted Etrailer and they added to their site where I purchased both bars. My rear bar will be close to my rear jacks and may require some modification to the mounts. Again the numbers listed above are for how our rig is equipped. Both look fairly straight forward to install but will require drilling some 1/2 holes in the frame. Plan to install both soon as the weather permits.

Regarding weighing the corners, I almost did at the Daytona rally but timing didn't work out. Still something I want to do.

* This post was last edited 02/21/13 11:13am by the_armadillo *
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #2

Additional info...https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...s%20Sheets.pdf
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Consumer of Space

What year/model is your rig?
Old 06-23-2018, 08:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnors11 View Post
What year/model is your rig?