Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #1

Matrix Switch audio?

I tried adding a new source to my matrix switch box but only get video, no audio?

My initial source add attempt was the Dish satellite receiver. Then I tried my computer and got the same results on two different HDMI inputs.

HDMI has both video and audio so I’m confused right now. When I did the PDI I had each of the DVD units checked but didn’t think to route to the other TVs.

Do I have a bad matrix switch or perhaps I have misunderstood how it works?

Thoughts and/or direct experience welcomed.
Cheers,
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
CNYJim

I have a matrix switcher also. I have the DVD in input #1 with another HDMI in input #2 which I use for my computer presently. When I play
youtube videos for example and select #2 on each of the TV selectors on the front of matrix it plays both video and audio thru all 3 TVs. Need to be sure source is HDMI 1 on TVs. Also check you sound settings mine just worked. If I can check something for you let me know.
Jim
Sjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #3

Double check your audio output settings on your laptop. If HDMI out then try a different HDMI cable. Should be no issue based on your setup
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Also...make sure the TV speakers are on. If you have them off and playing through the surround, then is the surround turned on?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #5

I have checked cables, audio settings and multiple inputs. At first I thought it could be my Wally Sat Receiver. If I go direct with HDMI cable from either my Sat receiver or Laptop both audio and sound work fine.

Seems I can conclude the Matrix is either not set up properly or faulty.

Thanks,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
Old 05-30-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBee View Post
I have checked cables, audio settings and multiple inputs. At first I thought it could be my Wally Sat Receiver. If I go direct with HDMI cable from either my Sat receiver or Laptop both audio and sound work fine.

Seems I can conclude the Matrix is either not set up properly or faulty.

Thanks,
As far as I can remember...all of them were audio/video, no specialized ports of any kind.

We get that from River Park. It may be quicker to contact them directly. They may just send a replacement or be able to troubleshoot. Or our guys certainly, but then we are going to call them as well.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #7

Thanks BC. I’ll try the supplier first as suggested, then go from that point.
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 AM   #8

Matrix Audio issue resolved...factory settings wrong

I figured out why my Matrix switch only worked with the video and not audio (e.g. no audio at any of the TV's for any source going through the matrix.

It turned out the factory had set the audio control switch to 11111 instead of 00000. This switch is used to set specific codes for the type of audio sound you have in your system (i.e. Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, etc.). The 00000 setting sets the matrix to "Auto" while the 11111 setting set the matrix to control with a PC connected via the RS-232 port. As soon as I saw this I figured this was the issue and it was indeed. I didn't think the unit would have failed so quickly and so specifically. Not sure if the Dynamax factory changes these switches on installation but either way it's something good to learn.

Also, I ended up changing the input and output configuration differently than the factory to work the way I want to use it.

It works great.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 06-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Glad it was something simple. We don't touch the settings here, and I don't think we would have heard about something like that if they were coming in that way. I'll do a little digging.

Tags
switch