Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Retired Army Paratrooper

Microwave Convection Oven Cooking

My DW had several conversations with other women this weekend about cooking in the Convection Oven's that are in our units. She wanted me to post this web sight for those who would like to cook more in the convection microwave.

Easy Convection Microwave Recipes
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
Commercial Member

My wife was STRONGLY against convection cooking. In our last house we had a dual fuel oven. She never used the convection setting. I always used it as I thought it cooked more evenly.

In the new house she wanted a cook top with double oven...but we didn't really have a great spot to put the microwave. So I got a double oven, with the top oven being a convection micro. She has since got lots for practice at home and has come to prefer the convection over the regular oven. So when we spent the last week in the 30FW, she was already on her way to being a pro.

This morning, I actually combined two different times and temps (splitting the difference)..."aint no body got time to cook in batches".

Bacon and egg croissant sandwiches, with some cinnamon rolls for "breakfast desert".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8568.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	175694   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8570.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	175695  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #3

Cooked homemade biscuits several times already with convection, did a great job, didn't brown bottoms as well but still very good job browning the tops and they were fully cooked...cooked the bacon on microwave 5 mins 5 strips...works flawlessly...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #4

We bought one of those hot air fryer type ovens. On the 37TS it fits perfectly under the wine rack on the countertop. We put one of those non-slip pads under it. This way DW has that plus the MW and the cooktop. And, when you shut the slide out, it sticks out in front of the oven so even if you do a panic stop, it can't go any where.
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:13 PM   #5

I've been cooking with a convection oven for years.

The fan makes baking more even, but you have to lower the cooking temp by 50 to 75 degrees because baked goods require time to cook correctly. If you cook at a normal temp, you may not be baking long enough.

Meat cooks faster in a convection oven, but you shouldn't have to worry about the temp.

It's the fan that makes the difference.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
My DW had several conversations with other women this weekend about cooking in the Convection Oven's that are in our units. She wanted me to post this web sight for those who would like to cook more in the convection microwave.

Easy Convection Microwave Recipes
Thanks much for the link! I'll have to give this a try!
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
My wife was STRONGLY against convection cooking. In our last house we had a dual fuel oven. She never used the convection setting. I always used it as I thought it cooked more evenly.

In the new house she wanted a cook top with double oven...but we didn't really have a great spot to put the microwave. So I got a double oven, with the top oven being a convection micro. She has since got lots for practice at home and has come to prefer the convection over the regular oven. So when we spent the last week in the 30FW, she was already on her way to being a pro.

This morning, I actually combined two different times and temps (splitting the difference)..."aint no body got time to cook in batches".

Bacon and egg croissant sandwiches, with some cinnamon rolls for "breakfast desert".

Looks like the next time we all get together that JeNeille needs to be giving a class, I’m hungry after seeing all those pictures.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #8

Thank you so much for recipes. We live on Cape Cod Ma and love fish. Appreciate the link or if anyone else has Convention cooking recipes please let us know.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #9

Thanx for the link. Forwarded it to my wife already.
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #10

Also saves on the extra heat the regular oven puts out when baking/roasting...unless it is a cold winter day...then the extra heat is welcome. Really, it is easy to use and does a great job.
sasems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #11

We used our convection oven for the first time during the rally. It worked really well. I'll show the link in the OP to my wife, thanks
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #12

following so I can find this thread if I ever decide to use the convection oven.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #13
Site Team

Thanks for the link...

Tags
microwave