Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 11:30 AM   #1

2016 Force 35DS Kitchen Slide Gouging floor. Advice?

All,

I have had this coach for 40 days or so and had the slide out several (15) times with no issues . Well the other day when the slide went out the edge of the kitchen cabinet dug into the floor and ripped it. It also starts to rip the face frame off the cabinets. Brought it home and have been looking into and it does it every time now. The coach is level with every device I have. RVI leveler, 4 ft. level, iPhone app reports less than 1 degree both directions.

When in, the roller is far enough off the floor i can put my finger under it. However when fully extended the roller seems to be taking some weight.

I am going to post some pics with commentary. But first please excuse the dust and dirt, my furniture upholstery is turning to dust and its everywhere.

My first inclination is to adjust the roller bolt , however there is a Nut on there to lock the adjustment and I can not make the roller go down any further. I started to take the bolt out to remove the nut. However serious resistance there and not sure if I get it out and remove the nut , the bolt will thread back in.

Here are the pics.

1. slide is in, healthy gap between cabinet and floor, you can see the dig spot.
2. slide still in, over 3/8 or better gap between roller and floor. finger under
3. slide is out note gap. roller also appears to be taking some weight now.
4. slide is out note gap on the opposite end carpeted.
5. roller adjustment bolt and the nut used as lock, giving no adjustment down

Thanks in advance for the help.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide in height good - Copy.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	257147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide in Roller gap - Copy.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	257148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide out Gap cabinet end - Copy.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	257149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide out Gap Sofa end - Copy.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	518.8 KB
ID:	257150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide out roller firm bolt adjust - Copy.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	257151  

Trialrun85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #2

I take it nobody has seen this before? i have looked on this forum cant find this issue. Even a post a few days ago that a DX3 is gouging the floor is not quite my issue? it was said those don't have rollers.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:50 PM   #3

ok, I was chasing the wrong roller. Another roller on that side has to have failed.
The bottom of the slide is getting gouged. No gap on problem side between slide bottom and wiper seal. 1 inch gap good side. Going to go search for how to replace.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210617_224106 - Copy.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	257253  
Old 06-17-2021, 10:45 PM   #4

I could kick myself for not looking closer under the slide its either the roller or another component of the thru wall slide system. New to slide outs. Guess I will know all about very soon

Old 06-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #5

Sorry you're going though this. Slide probably needs to be pulled out to be fixed. Not a small job. Keep us posted & happy outcomes wished for!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #6

Mr. Clemens, how many rollers are there on my kitchen slide on my '16 Force 35DS

Mr. Clemens,

I have posted on how my kitchen slide all of a sudden is gouging the floor. I have looked at the power gear thru the wall slide mechanism. nothing is bent. I can see the wear bars on the power gear and both side are similar in appearance. When the slide is out neither wear bar rides on the outer arm when slide is fully out. I can reach the rollers and when the slide is fully out, both set of rollers are free to spin. they both feel intact. however the right side of the slide, from the outside is dragging. there is a short coach wall past the generator. top of that wall there are some screws and those are what is gouging the bottom of the slide. Is there another roller somewhere? I know the end cabinet with the service panel has a roller. that is adjusted so it maintains contact with the coach floor. I put a flash light inside under the slide and with the bottom seal pulled down i can see exactly where it is gouging. I am supporting the end of the slide with a jack to get it back to the height it should be. Any help from the Dynamax team will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210619_131137 - Copy.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	257375  
Old 06-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #7

Bumping this in hopes of a response? Am I doing something wrong by asking? Did I offend someone? Is it because it is not brand new?

John
Old 06-21-2021, 05:44 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialrun85 View Post
Bumping this in hopes of a response? Am I doing something wrong by asking? Did I offend someone? Is it because it is not brand new?

John
Hang in there. You started this post over the weekend.
I’m sure someone will burn in.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:12 PM   #9

Well , I am trying but I did start this issue 5 days ago with this thread

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ce-234152.html

No response there either. Love my new to me Force. Just want to know what it could be . Thought it was the through the wall slide mechanism, but the slide gap is even under both arms, parts appear fine (rollers, wear pads) so something else must support that far end close to the water heater?

So it is an update to what else i found (outside scrapping screw heads) and I started a new thread in hopes to make it short and sweet.

Maybe there is also a glide bar that is broken, etc...

My apologizes if I am coming across as impatient.

John
Old 06-21-2021, 06:25 PM   #10

I would not have narrowed down the question to Mr. Clemens only. I would have asked the group if they knew the answer. Mr. Clemens (Brian) would have chimed in if he knew the answer off the top.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #11

i simply narrowed it down after the first post went un answered for several days.

apologizes for any offenses.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #12
Commercial Member

To be fair it seemed like you figured out the issue in that original thread. You said you were chasing down the wrong roller, but then seemed to figure it out in post #3. I do not know off the top of my head how many rollers are there...but then you also posted a video that seemed to answer the question as well...or so I thought.

Now, I did not watch the video, but noticed that the title started with "RV Slideout roller replacement". I went back and clicked on the link and see that it is for a "THROUGH FRAME" slide out. That is not exactly what you have, you have a "below floor" slide out. That is a different system....but we often use a jack, to lift up the slide room a bit to get access to see what is going on.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #13

Thanks for the response.

I appreciate the info. Glad to know what type of system it is. This is my first slide. Had a park model with tip outs years ago. That was a hinge and muscle.

I can see how i looked like i solved it. But i did not and probably in my quest to fix got a little scattered.

The inside is scraping the linoleum right at the edge of the cabinet with the access door. I finally, finally checked the underneath from the outside and found the long gouge in the slide bottom.

Jacked it up a bit, put the flashlight inside to get a look at what was gouging the bottom. found the 2 screw heads in the pic of this thread.
those 2 screws are on top of the wall that is the right side end to the cutout, trough or whatever it is called that houses the power arms and motors.

i know there are rollers on the power arms, found the roller inside the access panel of the kitchen cabinet that is gouging the linoleum.

I guess the questions are

1. Are there other rollers, glide bar or something else I should investigate?

2. Did those screw heads hold down something at one point or did they just work their way up?

Any drawings, advice etc. surely welcome from all.

Again, I should have been more together all the way around with my request.

John
Old 06-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #14
Commercial Member

OK, I did confirm there is only ONE roller.

That is a unique unit in that it is a "Flush Floor" kitchen slide. The main section just rests on a "wear bar" when IN and the whole thing drops down into a pan on the way out.

I can't tell where that gouge is coming from....but it is likely not a roller, but something that was caught under the slide.

The question from the plant was "when was the last time the slide ram was adjusted"...so that would likely be the best course of action.

The roller is also designed to be adjustable.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Maybe we can get an admin to combine both of these threads that really relate to the same issue?

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ds-234366.html

Old 06-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Maybe we can get an admin to combine both of these threads that really relate to the same issue?

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ds-234366.html
Threads merged.
Site Team

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:03 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Threads merged.
Site Team
Do you guys have like a "notification alert" when the term admin is used? Is that my secret code? I mention it and like manna from heaven, you guys just arrive on cue.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #18

Thanks Mr. Dan
Old 06-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #19

Mr.. Clemens thanks for checking on this.

2 things.

1. When you say Ram adjusted, I immediately think hydraulic ram. These power arms each have a motor. So not sure what needs to be adjusted? Do they mean realign the sides?

2. Here are a couple pics of where the screws are located that are sticking up and gouging the bottom and the screws them selves highlighted. Wondering if there was a wear bar there also?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	InkedSlide Bottom outside shot screw location_LI.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	257572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide bottom screws noted.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	257573  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Do you guys have like a "notification alert" when the term admin is used? Is that my secret code? I mention it and like manna from heaven, you guys just arrive on cue.
Ner… as it happened, William Tire was on his phone submitting another crazy tire lady story and just happened to see your request for a merge… so he passed the issue to his list of slackers sitting by the lake and I drew the task.

Name:	image-2021-06-22-10:10:15-951.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	566.1 KB
ID:	257579

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide