Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #1

Multiple issues

I purchased a 2019 2019 isata 3 brand. Ew for 165 k. It has been a terrible disappointment. It has been in the shop longer than it has been on the road. Most of the under chassis electrical systems had corrosion issues the side will not sit flush with the unit and Forrest Rivers fix was a fatter rubber seal. I have looked at hundreds of slides and the only ones that do not sit flush to the body are ones installed by Forrest River. Now the on demand water tank has a crack after being used 12 times at a repair cost of $600.00 and the check engine light came on after 11,350 kilometres. Not what I expected for a new unit.
Split R Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

What is the last (6) of the VIN?

1. We use primarily deutsch connectors designed for harsh conditions. They are not perfect however if the undercarriage is not maintained to some extent. After being driven in the winter, a simple wash to get the salt off makes a world of differences.

2. Depending on the slide mech (which yours would be a Power Gear Slim rack) they are not designed to sit flush, they are designed to compress the bulb seal only about 1/2". That leaves a gap. As long as it is sealing and water is not getting in, it is primarily doing its job. So you can't compare your slide to other slides....you need to compare your slide to other Slim-Rack slides.

3. The On-Demand water heater (if it is the Truma) is the BEST on-demand water heater on the market. However....if you do not drain it and REMOVE the strainer, it will freeze and crack...that can be any water heater of course. I know a lot of people in Texas were not prepared for the freeze that hit and many vehicles water systems were damaged. Not sure your location, but Truma has been very good about their repair costs if you can get it to one of their facility. They have a place here in Elkhart.

4. Check engine light could be anything and that is Mercedes-Benz, not Forest River. From my experience over the last decade with the Mercedes-Benz has been that they are very reliable.

One of the biggest problems I see with RV's is "lack of use" more than over use. The more you use them, the better they work. When they sit in extreme conditions and the systems are not properly exercised...that is when most problems crop up.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote