Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

Multiplex panel

So does the multiplex panel have a little gremlin inside and turn all the lights on and off just to mess with your head? I thought it was supposed to hold the memory of previous setting when MASTER LIGHTS is turned on and off?

OH and that MASTER LIGHTS switch by the master bed in the I5 35DB should not be right by your elbow/arm.

Apologies if this was posted but I did the search and found nothing.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #2

On my 36DS, if any switch is touched after the master light switch is used, the master looses memory.
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
So does the multiplex panel have a little gremlin inside and turn all the lights on and off just to mess with your head? I thought it was supposed to hold the memory of previous setting when MASTER LIGHTS is turned on and off?

OH and that MASTER LIGHTS switch by the master bed in the I5 35DB should not be right by your elbow/arm.

We have found that after some period of time passes, the master light memory is gone. We use it for shutting down all the lights when we are leaving, but NEVER count on it for turning the lights back on.

As for the elbow/bed switch issue: the bigger problem we found was the generator start/stop button on the wall next to the bedroom light switch. I lost track of the number of times we started the generator on accident. My solution was to move the switch panel that was next to the bed, to the wall. Then move the switch panel that was on the wall INSIDE the night stand, zip tied all the way at the back. Then cover the hole in the night stand with a small piece of thin plywood. The night stand switches and USB ports were almost useless because they were semi-cover by the mattress......and then totally covered once we added a 3” mattress topper.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
We have found that after some period of time passes, the master light memory is gone. We use it for shutting down all the lights when we are leaving, but NEVER count on it for turning the lights back on.

As for the elbow/bed switch issue: the bigger problem we found was the generator start/stop button on the wall next to the bedroom light switch. I lost track of the number of times we started the generator on accident. My solution was to move the switch panel that was next to the bed, to the wall. Then move the switch panel that was on the wall INSIDE the night stand, zip tied all the way at the back. Then cover the hole in the night stand with a small piece of thin plywood. The night stand switches and USB ports were almost useless because they were semi-cover by the mattress......and then totally covered once we added a 3” mattress topper.
Isn't it crazy how we see things in the wrong places?

Hey did you see my postings on our dealer sold out, no more Dynamax or service from what I understand.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #5

Regarding the Dealer, find out if there is a Forest River Dealer in your area willing to work on the coach under warranty. All FR dealers use the same system to file warranty claims.
The factory warranty repairs for the East is Brian Weeks. You can contact the factory to see if they have a recommendation.

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/DirectCon...ID=563&CTID=97
Old 01-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post

If you PRESS AND HOLD the master light switch it will turn ALL lights ON or ALL lights OFF. And it wipes the memory.

If you adjust all the lights and just "TAP" the master switch, it should turn them all on or off to their last setting. But I think if all power gets cut to the system this is not going to hold as it is a temporary setting.

I found when coming back to the unit after moving sites, I end up pushing and holding the mast switch when we got back to turn everything on. Then we just adjusted from there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote