Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #1

Need help ISATA 3 tail lights blinking

I parked my 2020 ISATA 3 in my storage lot and received a call to tell me that my LED lights were blinking. I arrived to find the tail lights and the small led lights on top and along the bottom of the coach blinking. I can find no way to turn them off. No reset button or any way to turn them off. The coach is sitting in my driveway until I can contact the dealer I bought it from tomorrow. Im afraid the battery will be dead in the morning. Can anyone help?

Frank Lambert
Counselor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Maybe unhook the chassis battery ground cable until help shows up?
Old 11-29-2020, 10:36 PM   #3

Disconnect the battery(s)

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #4

Is the hazard warning switch turned on?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:19 PM   #5

Not the hazard switch.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #6

Looks like the Curt controller that handles tail lights and marker lights may be the problem. It has been raining and I understand that these controllers have a history of issues like this because moisture gets into this controller. I will contact the dealer tomorrow and may have to disconnect the chassis battery if I can't get in right away to deal with it. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:36 PM   #7

I don’t know about your particular problem but you are new here so I’d like to welcome you and give you some advice about posting in the future: Post titles are important, “need help” says very little to the people who see your post on the sidebar. However “2020 Isata 3 running lights blinking” says a lot in just a few words and lets people who know about the Isata 3 and electrical and lighting issues that there is a person who could benefit from their experience while other people who don’t know what an Isata is or have no electrical experience know that they don’t need to bother looking at that thread.

I hope you are able to resolve your issue quickly. It sounds frustrating, especially on a brand new rig like that.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor1 View Post
I parked my 2020 ISATA 3 in my storage lot and received a call to tell me that my LED lights were blinking. I arrived to find the tail lights and the small led lights on top and along the bottom of the coach blinking. I can find no way to turn them off. No reset button or any way to turn them off. The coach is sitting in my driveway until I can contact the dealer I bought it from tomorrow. Im afraid the battery will be dead in the morning. Can anyone help?

Frank Lambert
My Sprinter does this whenever I have a trailer connected. It periodically blinks all of the running lights, both on the coach and the trailer. I believe this is an intended feature so you know that the lights are connected and working, without having to actually turn them on. If you have one of those trailer brake controllers that plugs into the 7 wire trailer wiring connector, the chassis could be sensing its presence and doing the trailer present blink thing.

Good luck

Rick
hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #9

interesting, but I don't believe the lights should start up and continue to blink out of the blue.. It is in the hands of my dealer right now. We shall see what he finds.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #10

They had numerous issues with the Curt Controllers early on, but I would have thought by 2020 it would have been resolved. I had a 2017 and back in that time frame they had issues with them getting wet.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #11

I will let everyone know what they find as soon as I know. I disconnected the coach batteries thinking that it might stop the blinking lights but no help. I did not disconnect the chassis battery because it is such a pain to get to on the sprinter chassis and it was raining. Instead I let the lights continue to blink all night long hoping that it would not drain the battery since LED lights don't cause much of a drain. In the morning it started right up and after a call to the dealer I was on my way. When I arrived I talked to the service manager about the problem and he told me they had seen the issue once before but he would have to do some research as to what they did. He said that initially they sent the RV to a Mercedes dealer but they quickly returned it saying that the problem was not a chassis problem. In any case, they have it and we shall see.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:03 PM   #12

Sprinter has a "tool less" disconnect under dash around throttle peddle. See owners manual
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:46 PM   #13

This battery cutoff information is really good to know if I have any future problems!
Old 12-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor1 View Post
This battery cutoff information is really good to know if I have any future problems!

As I recall, wait 10 minutes before disconnecting it.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 01:28 PM   #15
Rey

Did you find the issue, I had last year found water getting into the trailer plug which shorted some circuits, I drill a drain hole and reposition the trailer plug adaptor, fixed!
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light