Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #1

Need Help/advice 2018 Dynamax Series 3 Engine Light On

Hi all, headed to my Dynamax warranty appt and had an engine light come on In Anderson Indiana. Made sure DEF was full, and fuel cap tight, also filled with diesel to see if it would go out. Left a call with Mercedes USA (Sunday no one there).

To make it more interesting, my A/C in the cab would blow weak warm air, not cold (and normally would freeze you out!)

Only 1700 miles on the rig, 119 miles left to Elkhart, what do you suggest? There is a Mercedes dealer in Indianapolis

Stranded and thanking God I got to the campground!
NCBambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBambi View Post
Hi all, headed to my Dynamax warranty appt and had an engine light come on In Anderson Indiana. Made sure DEF was full, and fuel cap tight, also filled with diesel to see if it would go out. Left a call with Mercedes USA (Sunday no one there).

To make it more interesting, my A/C in the cab would blow weak warm air, not cold (and normally would freeze you out!)

Only 1700 miles on the rig, 119 miles left to Elkhart, what do you suggest? There is a Mercedes dealer in Indianapolis

Stranded and thanking God I got to the campground!
I would give the Mercedes dealer a call when they open on Monday. Pop the hood and see if the drive belt has broken? Just trying to think about what would have caused the AC compressor to stop cooling, maybe a broken drive belt.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #3

I ASSUME the check engine code has disabled the a/c to protect the engine. I am sure that's all that is.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

Had it happen to me about the same mile mark as you. It took them a day to fix it. They had to contact MB corporate because this new a new problem for them.

"Faults with the data to the engine control module from the "DPF" sensor was reading improperly. Sensor replaced" they also replaced the exhaust gas hose and a couple of other small parts. I drove it about 400 miles after I reported the problem without issue.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #5

Note to the above. It does say "DPF" sensor on my paper work.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #6

I would either drive it or tow it. If the engine has not de-rated due to the fault (lost power and running in limp mode) the issue may not be that serious. The AC issue may or may not be at all related to the engine lamp. Both need proper diagnosis by a factory trained professional.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light