Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #1

Need non cable, non satellite TV Help please

Need help with TV. 2018 I5 30FW. We have never tried to get the TVs to work in 4 years but now we want the BR TV to at least play something, anything, over the air antenna, not cable and can't get it to find any channels. I am in Burbank, Ca, so not in the middle of nowhere by any means. It keeps asking us to do a channel scan but never finds anything. The antenna lights are all on so the power is on but nothing. One time it found something but the picture was all pixelated. The other TV will play OTA channels. We looked at the back and it looks like it is connected to the antenna so I can't figure it out. Help, anyone, please!
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
Commercial Member

If the other TV is playing OTA channels, then it is most likely a connection. I would check the TV coax and make sure the end was properly done. maybe the middle wire is too short? maybe its not on tight any more. Sounds like the antenna is working...just the bedroom TV is not.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #3

Is your source input correct? Have you selected air and not cable in your TV tools menu? Is the rear TV coax connected to the OTA splitter correctly? Verify that your OTA antenna is actually turning by having someone turn from the inside while you observe up top. If the airborne head isn't turning to match the in-house "knob", it is broke inside and will only get a very few channels. My rear TV would only come in fuzzy at best until I repaired the OTA antenna. BY the way, if it is a broken antenna and it is the Winegard Jack, the fix may be to replace it with a different model because it isn't made any more, per the company. Screw that! Take it apart from top and bottom and fix yourself. It took me about a hour to do so. it works fine now
ronncda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, lite, satellite