Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #281

Sounds like you had a great road trip!!!
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:07 AM   #282

Rotten roads are caused by the "Highway" fuel taxes being spent by the Dept of "Transportation".

They subsidize Amtrack, build subways in San Fran ,Miami blowing really big bucks on Mess Transit , hopefully to get you out of your car.

Latest idea of raising Fed fuel tax is insane unless they are mandated to spend 100% of highway moneys on gasp,,,Highways!

FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #283

Well, the scenery was awesome. Much better than I-95.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #284

Here is a picture from our trip home from Fort Myers last week. This must be a very special Winery. FrogtownClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1494192669.149212.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	137075
Zoom in on the picture
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 05-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #285

Although this was one of the better pictures we took on the wY home from Florida, we plan to take a lot more and now we have a travel companion. Her name is MOCHA but I wanted to call her Felicia, so that's her middle name. All she does not is poop, pee and bight my ankles. She's 10 weeks old and going on her first RV trip this weekend to Cape Cod. We have dog food, paper towels, beer and meat so we should be all set, maybe. Once we get home from the Cape, we will be here for a few days and then off to the 150 Rally in Kingston to meet all of our Canadian friends. This dog is going to be a traveling fool and get used to riding shotgun real quick. I took her out to the RV today and she pee'd in it so she must like it. At least enough to run around and take a wizz. So, we shall see how it goes. By the time the winter comes around and she is eight months old, she'll be wintering I. Florida and getting used to pooping on Bermuda grass.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 05-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #286

Good luck with the puppy. I know what that is like. We are puppy sitting a 13 week old this weekend.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:05 AM   #287

Thanks. I'm on the 5:00 am shift every day.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #288

New 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 story from GOSHEN

The travels continue. We went to Cape Cod for the weekend with the new puppy. It's funny how you become so smart when you turn 50, but the only draw back is that you start thinking about all of the things that could possibly go wrong when you turn 57. I wish I was smarter than the rest of the world like I was when I was 50 and not in the constant state of totally freaking out about stupid stuff that may or may not have the ever so slim chance of happening but they might so I am always on my toes. Where is this going? Ok, I know it's stupid but it's funny. Every time I took the new pup out for a walk, all I could envision was a red hawk swooping down and grabbing her. Stupid huh? I guess it could happen, but it didn't. It's funny, and I'm not really that much a freak.

So we got down to the Cape and had a more than usual drizzly weekend, it it was a successful first camping trip for the new pup and........oh by the way, my parents. My Mom and Dad are 80 and 82. Good health, active and they just bought a used RV, after year of contemplating getting one. They live on the Cape so it wasn't a long drive for them so my dad drove the RV and my Mom drove the minivan. First nights dinner and cocktail hour/fire went fine. Mon and Dad go to bed, Dad can't find his pills (they found them the next morning next to the K cup pods) and drives back home to get them. On the way back, he's about 6 miles from the campground and nails a deer on the highway. We are all asleep while this is going on. He is very independent, knows how to do everything and never asks for help.

Next morning, my Mom comes strolling over and I ask her how their first night in their SOB camper went? She tells me the story and all I can do is shake my head and think, it's kind of fun watching them learn about RVing all over again.

I didn't want to give them a hard time about the deer, else I may have been made to feel obligated to give them the deductible, just to make up for pointing and laughing at the front of their van.

On Sunday, time to break camp and go home. I'm hanging with the new pup and I hear the familiar sound of an RV Awning going full speed from fully deployed to all the way back where it belongs when your driving. It was surprisingly loud. I took a few minutes to do a few things around our site and then I casually walked over to my parents site. Hey dad, how's it going? Need any help? He looks at me straight faced, and says, going pretty good so far, can you check and see if I put the awing up right while you're here?

I check it out and the story unfolds without him actually telling me that the strap went flying out of his hand and the Awning went into space and back again. We pulled the Awning down and I showed him how to slowly deploy it back to the travel position. One of these days, I'll tell him I know what Really happened, maybe.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #289

Not so crazy about a hawk grabbing a small dog.!

I see them sizing up my 30 pound dog once in awhile. Two of my neighbors have small dogs and I seen the hawks circling and swooping in low a few times.

One day I stayed by my neighbors fence hoping to protect his dog. That worked but I was a bit aprehensive.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #290

An owl grabbed my mother's Dachshund. Good thing she was fat or she'd have been a goner.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote