Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Rather than making lists and having to gather up the stuff, I think Id get a totes (as many as necessary) and put the items that go i the camper in them.

Store them at work in the "Camper Test Equipment Storage" location and just move them into each camper in turn!

Now you only need to keep track of several totes. And all you need to purchase is fresh foods for the trip.
So, sort of like post #15? The lists are for the tops of the bins.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
So, sort of like post #15? The lists are for the tops of the bins.
Sort of, yes, but most bins would not need a list ont he top because they will not be transferred anywhere but from the bin to the camper and back again, dishes, cookware, stoves, grill, etc. for example.

Clothing you may want to make a list because it will be taken somewhere, laundered and you will want to make sure it migrates back.

Here is a link, take your pic for color, and size:

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=storage+bins
Old 10-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm the General Manager. So I take ALL of the new floor plans out for test trips, so they are lived in before we go mass production. Once that is done and signed off, then they are sold as Demo's with full warranty.
Out of curiosity, do you revise the changes that didn't work out ideally, before selling them?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Out of curiosity, do you revise the changes that didn't work out ideally, before selling them?
Depends on what it is.

1. If its a defect, of course we change it.

2. If its something that is fine the way it is, but maybe it could be better, then we might spend a little time re-engineering but it is not something we would retro-fit.

3. And sometimes it might be something we are testing out and include it at no charge, but it may not be on subsequent models. (This is the most amusing area. If something is not in the coach that was on the brochure we will for sure hear about it. BUT, if it is not in the brochure and you get something extra...I have never had anyone try to return it or pay extra).

Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #25

Nice lists here. One thing I always add is a high quality cutting board. In fact, for the DX3 with the all electric cooktop, Boos makes a great 17” x 24” walnut board with rubber feet. The feet can be relocated closer to the edges of the board so that they rest on the countertop snug against the outside the glass cooktop. It then stays put during travel and gives us more counter space. In fact, the board resides full time on the stove top except when the burners are on or cooling down.
ProfessorBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorBB View Post
Nice lists here. One thing I always add is a high quality cutting board. In fact, for the DX3 with the all electric cooktop, Boos makes a great 17” x 24” walnut board with rubber feet. The feet can be relocated closer to the edges of the board so that they rest on the countertop snug against the outside the glass cooktop. It then stays put during travel and gives us more counter space. In fact, the board resides full time on the stove top except when the burners are on or cooling down.
Good add. I end up cutting on paper plates alot, but I do like the roll up cutting mats. Wouldn't take anything to roll one up for the bin.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #27

The best holding tank treatment for the money is Happy Camper you can order it from Amazon. We have tried all the different brands to only be disappointed. After 48 years of camping we came across this product. We had a 35 ft Fifth Wheel that we just sold for a 38 ft TT, the holding tank was clean and odor free. We also found the Scott brand paper worked the best with with the Happy Camper treatment. Hope this information helps 🤓
MAC2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #28

I would add is invest in a 25 or 30' 50A extension cord. I've run into a few where the campgrounds equipment isnt in the best spots. In 3 years used it 6 times already with the full length off the reel.

Also, a 30-20 doggone. Use mine at the storage garage , but also visiting friends and borrowing their driveway for a couple days. If you dont have a 30A or 50A plug at home, good to at least power most everything at home too
Vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #29

Sewer connections:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
We expect to get delivery of our 30FW in the next month or so. I have started to make a list of items to buy but at looking for input so I can order now.

1. Lets start with the tank dump. It looks like the unit comes with a 15' dump hose and its stored in a compartment . What extensions have you added on to it?? 15 or 20'?
Camco seems to have different grades. What do you recommend?
I know I need a clear angle piece at the RV, should it be a 90 or 45* angle?
If you can share a pic of your set up.

2. Water pressure regulator. I used to have the simple one with no gauge. I have seen folks recommend the fancy ones with a gauge. What does the Isata 5 need?

3. Whats the best external water filter to use?

4.Toilet PaPER, WHICH BRAND WORKS THE BEST IN THE TANK SET UP??

5.Do I need a 90* brass hose elbow for eliminating stress on the fresh water hose inlet?

6. Tank dump hoses and fittings....where to store? Is everyone buying a PVC tube and just mounting it under the vehicle? If so, where???

7. Anything else that I will absolutely need for my first outing, other that 50amp to 30amp connector/dogbone?
A ten foot extension sewer hose should more tan meet your needs. A 90 degree screw in connector for connection to the parks sewer system. I added a clear coupler on tha end as well. I purchased mine through camping world
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:31 AM   #30

I keep seeing people recommend the Camco filter but fail to mention the need to run water through the filter prior to hook up to remove the charcoal sediment out of the filter. I always got black water out of the filter when I did this.It only takes a short time to flush it , then hook it up. I never saw in any instructions where it said to do this but it just became good practice for me to do it. I also run water through my hose to purge the air out prior to hook up.
FishRich is offline   Reply With Quote