Old 09-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
New 30FW coming...What supplies to buy??

We expect to get delivery of our 30FW in the next month or so. I have started to make a list of items to buy but at looking for input so I can order now.

1. Lets start with the tank dump. It looks like the unit comes with a 15' dump hose and its stored in a compartment . What extensions have you added on to it?? 15 or 20'?
Camco seems to have different grades. What do you recommend?
I know I need a clear angle piece at the RV, should it be a 90 or 45* angle?
If you can share a pic of your set up.

2. Water pressure regulator. I used to have the simple one with no gauge. I have seen folks recommend the fancy ones with a gauge. What does the Isata 5 need?

3. Whats the best external water filter to use?

4.Toilet PaPER, WHICH BRAND WORKS THE BEST IN THE TANK SET UP??

5.Do I need a 90* brass hose elbow for eliminating stress on the fresh water hose inlet?

6. Tank dump hoses and fittings....where to store? Is everyone buying a PVC tube and just mounting it under the vehicle? If so, where???

7. Anything else that I will absolutely need for my first outing, other that 50amp to 30amp connector/dogbone?
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #2

That seems like a good start on the outside..although I didn't see a surge protector. We too have a trailer on order and have started on an inside supply list (subject to change).

Set of 8 plastic/dishwasher safe dishes and cups
Coffee mugs
Set of 8 silverware with steak knives
Paper towel holder
Large metal, plastic, slotted and wood spoons
Spatula plastic and metal
Two tongs
Knife set and block
Strainer
Mixing bowls
Pots, pans, baking sheets and grill pan
Keurig coffee maker
Toaster
Sheets, towels and rugs
Spices and rack
Sugar dispenser
25’ Drinking water hose
Toilet brush
Toilet paper holder
Bathroom waste basket with lid
Rubber boot mat
Oxygenics RV shower head/hose
Portable vacuum
Shower squeegee

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
We expect to get delivery of our 30FW in the next month or so. I have started to make a list of items to buy but at looking for input so I can order now.

1. Lets start with the tank dump. It looks like the unit comes with a 15' dump hose and its stored in a compartment . What extensions have you added on to it?? 15 or 20'?
Camco seems to have different grades. What do you recommend?
I know I need a clear angle piece at the RV, should it be a 90 or 45* angle?
If you can share a pic of your set up.

2. Water pressure regulator. I used to have the simple one with no gauge. I have seen folks recommend the fancy ones with a gauge. What does the Isata 5 need?

3. Whats the best external water filter to use?

4.Toilet PaPER, WHICH BRAND WORKS THE BEST IN THE TANK SET UP??

5.Do I need a 90* brass hose elbow for eliminating stress on the fresh water hose inlet?

6. Tank dump hoses and fittings....where to store? Is everyone buying a PVC tube and just mounting it under the vehicle? If so, where???

7. Anything else that I will absolutely need for my first outing, other that 50amp to 30amp connector/dogbone?
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
As to your questions
1. You probably don't need an extension. 15' should be plenty unless your hookup is really far away.
2. The Isata needs a pressure regulator and while the ones with the gauges are nicer, the other ones are acceptable.
3. Water filters are an individual choice. We use the cheap Camco ones to keep the gunk out of the lines, but we drink only bottled water.
4. Any rv toilet paper will work. Make certain you dump treatment chemicals into the tank.
5. A 90 degree fitting works well to reduce strain, but that depends on the location of the inlet.
6. There should be room in one of storage compartmets for your hoses. We tend to put the sewer hose in a plastic box to minimize any scent from the hose.
7. Sounds like you have everything covered.
Now have fun.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacRV View Post
That seems like a good start on the outside..although I didn't see a surge protector. We too have a trailer on order and have started on an inside supply list (subject to change).

Set of 8 plastic/dishwasher safe dishes and cups
Coffee mugs
Set of 8 silverware with steak knives
Paper towel holder
Large metal, plastic, slotted and wood spoons
Spatula plastic and metal
Two tongs
Knife set and block
Strainer
Mixing bowls
Pots, pans, baking sheets and grill pan
Keurig coffee maker
Toaster
Sheets, towels and rugs
Spices and rack
Sugar dispenser
25’ Drinking water hose
Toilet brush
Toilet paper holder
Bathroom waste basket with lid
Rubber boot mat
Oxygenics RV shower head/hose
Portable vacuum
Shower squeegee
Thank you, nice list. The good news is that we have a lot of the Kitchen and bathroom stuff that we kept from our old camper.
I was looking more for specifics of items that connect with the Isata 5 we are getting since RV hookups can be different between brands, and I sold all that stuff with my TT.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #5

The Rhino is the strongest sewer hose IMO. I have two 15 ft sections that I usually can get by with only one, but recently I used both on two occasions.

I added a storage tube underneath that opens from both ends and I keep the two sections and the fittings in the tube. I use a 90 degrees clear fitting which fits right into the screw in sewer connector. Check the Isata 5 30FW Mods thread for pictures and links for the storage tube. This kit on Amazon has everything you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...8-3&th=1&psc=1

You need a surge protector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015G...b_b_asin_title

Water supply hose unless the dealer is supplying. Lots of dealers add some items but usually if poor quality. You do not need the 90 degree fitting for the water inlet. I attach my water filter that which comes with a short strain relief.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Diamete...+water+&sr=8-5

Water filter with strain relief

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-TastePU...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Water pressure regulator

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On toilet paper, I use the two ply RV TP from Camping World. That’s about all I buy at Camping World as I am not a fan, but I like their Premium TP. Our neighbors who have an RV like the Scotts RV TP from Walmart.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
The Rhino is the strongest sewer hose IMO. I have two 15 ft sections that I usually can get by with only one, but recently I used both on two occasions.

I added a storage tube underneath that opens from both ends and I keep the two sections and the fittings in the tube. I use a 90 degrees clear fitting which fits right into the screw in sewer connector. Check the Isata 5 30FW Mods thread for pictures and links for the storage tube. This kit on Amazon has everything you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...8-3&th=1&psc=1

You need a surge protector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015G...b_b_asin_title

Water supply hose unless the dealer is supplying. Lots of dealers add some items but usually if poor quality. You do not need the 90 degree fitting for the water inlet. I attach my water filter that which comes with a short strain relief.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Diamete...+water+&sr=8-5

Water filter with strain relief

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-TastePU...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Water pressure regulator

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On toilet paper, I use the two ply RV TP from Camping World. That’s about all I buy at Camping World as I am not a fan, but I like their Premium TP. Our neighbors who have an RV like the Scotts RV TP from Walmart.
Thanks for the response. Good info.
Whats the difference between a surge protector and the EMS units they sell for more than double??
Old 10-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #7

Quote:
... 5.Do I need a 90* brass hose elbow for eliminating stress on the fresh water hose inlet? ...
I prefer a plastic elbow if the fresh water connection on the trailer is also plastic. Using a brass elbow increases the risk of damaging the connection on the trailer if it gets cross-threaded. Yes, that's avoidable if you're careful but you may find yourself connecting the trailer at night in a rainstorm. Mistakes happen.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Good info.
Whats the difference between a surge protector and the EMS units they sell for more than double??
The surge protector checks the power quality when you plug in and will stop a spike. The EMS is more comprehensive and checks for voltage variances.

I always plug in the surge protector, turn on the power and check for the appropriate lights that reflect a good connection. Then I turn off the power and plug in the RV power cable and then turn on the breakers. It’s worked for me 3 1/2 years without issue.

Also there is a secondary surge protector built into the transfer switch, but it does not reset and has to be serviced. The external surge protector is just cheap insurance.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #9

I do not have a DYNAMAX, but do tow a 5er! For my basic outside needs I use the following items.

The 90Deg brass water elbow for me is good. I leave my water elbow installed on the water connection into the camper on all camping season, since it is locked in the wet bay. I connect my water hose to this fitting.

I have over 60' of water drinking hose, 5/8 ID broken into three pieces. Two 25' sections and a 10' section and I have had to use them all at once when staying in older campgrounds.

I use a portable water filter and stand so, I can replace the water filters at a lower cost keeping the housing. The water pressure regulator is connect to the outlet portion of the filter. This is easier to see the water pressure and adjust as needed. The 10' water hose will connect to the inlet of the filter housing and the 25' connects to the water regulator end.

I have a y-connector at the water spigot so, I can use both ends for water hoses. They have individual shut-offs on each portion of the y-connector. One side is for drinking and the other is for the black tank flush line.

The black tank hose is a 50' 5/8 ID garden hose.

A have a flush king clear connecter with sprayer that will attach to the waste line. They are either a 45Deg or straight connector style, using which every works the best. This is mostly the 45Deg style that seems to work. Than the sewer hose is connected to the flush king. This is a Rhino heavy duty sewer hose. I have three 15' sections that I can connect together using a sewer hose support to keep this off of the ground. Plus I have a very low cost sewer hose that I can connect to extend out to 50'. Why? Old campgrounds sometimes do not play nice with modern trailers. There is a donut seal that I also use to seal the drain connection into the septic tank connection at the campground.

Than I use a 50AMP Surge Guard that is portable, plus 25' cable to connect to the trailer. This is what determines where I place my trailer on the site.

Wheel chocks are placed behind and in front of my tires. Than using leveling pads, the LEGO style type, under the stabilizer legs. Most newer campgrounds are now requiring some type of pad under the legs.

For toilet paper, I use the Scotts TP that is sold for home use. This is septic tank safe and will break down along with being cheaper than the RV type sold. For black tank deodorizer, I use a product called Happy Camper that you can buy online.

Most of these items were not purchased all at once but over time. Some do to being worn out or trying to get connected so, we could use the trailer at the camp site.

Good Luck and safe travels!
Old 10-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #10

Quote:
The main difference is the fact that an EMS will protect against low voltage which can hurt the electronics in your rv. Many times we've been at a campground and the ems shuts off the power due to low voltage. When the voltage returns to normal, it will restore power. Whether it is necessary or not is a subject of debate.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #11

It's great to have a telescoping ladder on board and a nice set of tools.
We bought this one and it fits great in the bin. You can also buy a case for it which helps.

Xtend & Climb 785P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type I Professional Series, 15.5-Foot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JIL4Z8..._oaIDFbN5HZH93
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #12

Get the paper towel holder from bed bath beyond. I ordered one from then because it looked cool, only to find it has a ratcheting mechanism in it to keep it from unwinding. It was like it was made for an RV. DEFIANTLY get that one.

--John
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #13

LOTS of great ideas for what you NEED have been given already.

I want to get you to consider taking yorur first camping trip in your driveway. Park it, level it and decide this is where you are spending the weekend.

Plan you menu for what you intend to cook, the food, utensils, cookware, flatware, etc. Clothing you will need, bedding toiletries, TP and try and live the entire weekend with what you planned. Imagine nothing else is available on the planet earth.

If you have to go into your house to get something, you need to buy one and place it in the camper to stay there.

Second camping trip, relatively close to home, but also near a city so you can do the same, get what you didn't think of til you REALLY needed it. If you dont' want to go get it, you done' really NEED it, do you?

Get a set of toiletries for each of you in the camper, extra underwear, socks, footware, old clothing (this is not a fashion parade after all), etc. to keep in the camper. This way you can usually just add groceries, drinks (including adult beverages) and haul ass!

Welcome to the, not very exclusive, club; you are going to have a ball!!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #14

Yep...I plan on camping in the driveway for quite a bit, making sure that my wife and I know how to operate everything...and identify dealer repairs.
I don't want to get stuck in the campground with my slide stuck open.....
Old 10-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #15
Motorized GM

Well, I guess this is just as good a time as any to post up "Draft 1" of the Dynamax checklist.

FYI, we were not going for the "Exhaustive list", but more the main items.

The idea behind these checklists, was we could tape a page protector on the lid of a bin.
Then, for items that are "permanently" in the bin, we would check that off on the sheet. But for items that you carry out each time (if you don't leave it in the rig), then you could use a dry erase marker or grease pen on the outside.

This was based on what we take when we go and unlike most that maybe keep their rigs stocked, we only keep units for a few weeks at a time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamax Packing Checklist.pdf (654.8 KB, 74 views)
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, I guess this is just as good a time as any to post up "Draft 1" of the Dynamax checklist.

FYI, we were not going for the "Exhaustive list", but more the main items.

The idea behind these checklists, was we could tape a page protector on the lid of a bin.
Then, for items that are "permanently" in the bin, we would check that off on the sheet. But for items that you carry out each time (if you don't leave it in the rig), then you could use a dry erase marker or grease pen on the outside.

This was based on what we take when we go and unlike most that maybe keep their rigs stocked, we only keep units for a few weeks at a time.
Looking at the last page has got me thinking of a Dynamax camping cookbook

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #17
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Looking at the last page has got me thinking of a Dynamax camping cookbook
you stop that right there.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 10-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #18

Quote:
..................................This was based on what we take when we go and unlike most that maybe keep their rigs stocked, we only keep units for a few weeks at a time.
Im curious as to why you only keep a camper for a few weeks, and what you do with it at the end of that time frame.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #19
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Im curious as to why you only keep a camper for a few weeks, and what you do with it at the end of that time frame.
I'm the General Manager. So I take ALL of the new floor plans out for test trips, so they are lived in before we go mass production. Once that is done and signed off, then they are sold as Demo's with full warranty.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #20

Quote:
I'm the General Manager. So I take ALL of the new floor plans out for test trips, so they are lived in before we go mass production. Once that is done and signed off, then they are sold as Demo's with full warranty.
Rather than making lists and having to gather up the stuff, I think Id get totes (as many as necessary) and put the items that go i the camper in them.

Store them at work in the "Camper Test Equipment Storage" location and just move them into each camper in turn!

Now you only need to keep track of several totes. And all you need to purchase is fresh foods for the trip.