Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2020, 04:57 AM   #1

New ISATA 3

Hey all, we just took delivery of a new 2020 isata 2. found a water filter in the drawer buy cant find where it goes. anyone know or maybe it does not have a filter assembly?
klcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by klcamaro1 View Post
Hey all, we just took delivery of a new 2020 isata 2. found a water filter in the drawer buy cant find where it goes. anyone know or maybe it does not have a filter assembly?
There should be a cannister under the bathroom sink.
Riverbend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #3

We currently have an Isata 3 FW being built. I see so many posts about people taking delivery and finding things like this. I would hope the dealership would explain all these things during delivery walk through. This is our first RV after several fifth wheels and are really looking forward to receiving our unit. I have been making notes so when we go in for delivery that I can ask the questions. This Forum is a wealth of information.
Hardhead417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #4

When they winterize the RV, it’s best to remove the water filter from the canister. You should find a canister wrench and the canister body under the bathroom sink and you can reinstall once any antifreeze that might be in the water lines is flushed out.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses. Found it. Dealer did an ok job with the delivery but shame on me for not asking enough questions. This is our first RV so we are still newbies.

Want to set up our 2014 Wrangler Sport to tow behind. Anyone have recommendations on the tow bar, wiring and brake set up? Looks like there is a ton of options
Old 02-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #6

I used a Blue Ox Acclaim towbar on my Isata 3. Blue Ox baseplate and the Demco Stay N Play brakes. Used a Blue Ox wiring kit for the lights.

You will get lots of opinions on this subject.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
That filter is located under the bathroom sink. Getting under the sink to access it is a bit of a challenge. Also, no one knows for sure just what that filter filters. For these reasons, I have opted to not use that filter and resort to the external filter which is easy to install and service. The I3 is a great Coach.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:09 AM   #8

2019.5 MBS Aux Start Switch

Thanks for the input. Another question I have is on the 2019.5 MBS chassis there is a AUX START button on the lower left dash panel. Is this a switch that changes over to the house batteries for starting in the event the chassis battery is low voltage?
Old 02-07-2020, 06:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Another question I have is on the 2019.5 MBS chassis there is a AUX START button on the lower left dash panel. Is this a switch that changes over to the house batteries for starting in the event the chassis battery is low voltage?
That's correct.
Riverbend is online now   Reply With Quote