Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Señor Miembro

New model cabin doors Q's

Can anyone explain the difference between the old cabin doors and the new ones?
Is it just that you can open the screen door from inside now without having to open the panel and reach through to release the latch?
Can our old doors be upgraded (mine is headed back to the factory anyway) and would it be a worth while upgrade?
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:36 PM   #2
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
Can anyone explain the difference between the old cabin doors and the new ones?
Is it just that you can open the screen door from inside now without having to open the panel and reach through to release the latch?
Can our old doors be upgraded (mine is headed back to the factory anyway) and would it be a worth while upgrade?
Watching, I have been asking myself the same question. I do know that the new doors are way better than the one I have in my 2016. I have to readjust it at least 3-4 times a year. Looking at the new one they are very strong and solid. I wonder how hard it would be to change out.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Watching, I have been asking myself the same question. I do know that the new doors are way better than the one I have in my 2016. I have to readjust it at least 3-4 times a year. Looking at the new one they are very strong and solid. I wonder how hard it would be to change out.

Same here. If it’s possible... I’m thinking of retrofitting too.

Brian, any insight on the new door fitting prior year openings?
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #4

I'll jump in having had this conversation. A couple of things to note

1. The new doors are square at the top, so if you have the last revision of the challenger doors that have rounded corners, I'm going to guess you're out of luck (unless you're willing to start cutting fiberglass )

2. The frame actually forms around the wall to cover any gaps from the rough in. It then gets painted. So no matter the case figure there is a fair bit of repainting that would need to be done

With these two considerations and the cost of the door itself îd imagine you're into 5 figures to get a retrofit done.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:32 AM   #5
National Sales Manager

https://youtu.be/jWO_0LLq-NE

See video link above starting at 17:36. Brian demos our DynaQuest XL an talks about the new PTL door.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
tanagnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

Can it be done? Sure anything can be. But as has already been pointed out it would be quite the undertaking to retrofit. New doors are much larger. The opening had to be completely redesigned to incorporate it. Not only is it physically larger (and weighs significantly more). But the threshold is vastly different. On the challenger door the threshold was relatively flat. The New door has a threshold that is several inches tall so it had to more or less be sunk down below the steps. When we first did the initial proto it was a bit of a trip hazard and we had to correct for it.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #7

So in summary, best to just buy a new motorhome....

Dynamax marketing at its best!
Old 10-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #8
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
So in summary, best to just buy a new motorhome....

Dynamax marketing at its best!
I sure hate to think I got to buy a new rig to get a new(better) door. Oh well I am up for the challenge, I 'm on it.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door