Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2022, 12:39 AM   #1

New Owner with Dead Coach....Genius Tech Born!

Drove 700 miles until just 50 miles outside of Moab. I figure I will be lucky to boondock somewhere nearby. Thought I would exercise the GENSET. Only time I did that was during PDI and when the Generator shutdown, so did the Precison Circuits Panel....it rebooted. Tech said not to worry, happens all the time. We move on. So, I run the Genset for 15 minutes, now 100% SOC and I hit the stop button. Next thing I know, the whole coach is black and its dark outside.
Get my flashlight and all the circuit breakers look good. Cycle em anyways...nothing. Get my trusty VoltMeter and low and behold em the Relion Batteris are both showing .034Volts. Hmmmm, I am thinking the BMS shut them down. I don't have jumper cables....because usually a BMS will bring them back to life with an external voltage to wake them up. Start the engine and everything...almost came back!!!!!! Few settings were off on the inverter and I needed to turn it on. Fingers crossed. Chalk this one up as another item the factory gets to fix in Sept. CYA then Brian!
Old 05-14-2022, 10:07 PM   #2

Glad you got electric back. We did that once when we accidentally turned the battery disconnect to 'off'. Our rig won't charge the batteries, even from the engine, when they're off. Lesson learned, but probably not your problem.
Hope you don't have to wait til September to get it fixed.