Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #1

New Radio Installation

I have a 2018 Isata 3 on a 2017 Sprinter Chassis. The new stereo I purchased to replace the xite infotainment that came in it requires a connection to the speed sense VSS. Does anybody know if there is a connection in the original radio harness and if there is, what color is the wire? Any help is appreciated.
Streetglider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #2
Commercial Member

There was never one in the original harness that I was aware of.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglider1 View Post
I have a 2018 Isata 3 on a 2017 Sprinter Chassis. The new stereo I purchased to replace the xite infotainment that came in it requires a connection to the speed sense VSS. Does anybody know if there is a connection in the original radio harness and if there is, what color is the wire? Any help is appreciated.

can I ask what your installing that needs Speed sense? I changed radios on my 2018 MBS, not a dynamax but its still a sprinter.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
can I ask what your installing that needs Speed sense? I changed radios on my 2018 MBS, not a dynamax but its still a sprinter.
It sounds like it's the Speed Controlled Volume. Nice feature. I can't help beyond that though.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #5

New Radio Installation

Sorry everyone, I didn’t receive any emails saying I had responses to my post. My new stereo requires a connection to the vss to work with wireless CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay requires both gps and vss connection or it will not work when the vehicle is in motion. My instructions from crutchfield said I would have to access it behind the instrument cluster. The instructions said it would be a white wire located at pin 8. The only problem was that there was not a white wire and nothing connected to pin 8. After talking to customer service we took an educated guess that it was the blue and red wire located at pin 9. I tapped into that wire and everything is working perfectly. I hope this helps someone in the future. It is my guess that on a 2018 Isata on a 2017 Sprinter Chassis that the vss wire is located at the 18 pin connector behind the instrument cluster. The wire is red and blue located at pin 9. Crutchfield has excellent customer service.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post

Sorry everyone, I didn’t receive any emails saying I had responses to my post. My new stereo requires a connection to the vss to work with wireless CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay requires both gps and vss connection or it will not work when the vehicle is in motion. My instructions from crutchfield said I would have to access it behind the instrument cluster. The instructions said it would be a white wire located at pin 8. The only problem was that there was not a white wire and nothing connected to pin 8. After talking to customer service we took an educated guess that it was the blue and red wire located at pin 9. I tapped into that wire and everything is working perfectly. I hope this helps someone in the future. It is my guess that on a 2018 Isata on a 2017 Sprinter Chassis that the vss wire is located at the 18 pin connector behind the instrument cluster. The wire is red and blue located at pin 9. Crutchfield has excellent customer service.

Tags
radio