Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
Commercial Member

New Slim Rack Troubleshooting Doc from LCI

Programmable Controllers
We have always used the "manual stop switch" or programmable controller (this has the motor buttons and clear fault button on the back side of the switch). The theory was we could fine tune the slide outs and adjust the stops as needed, manually. However, many times the slide stops are lost due to low voltage and other items, that I am still not totally sure of. On the bright side, resetting the slide stops takes care of 95% of "slide will not run" issues.

Auto Programmable Controllers
These have just an IN-OUT button, no buttons on the back of the switch. We have recently converted to this because LCI said it does not lose the stop settings (not entirely true). To program you just press the button, wait until it "torques out" and then hold it. It sets automatically. Though...if you set them wrong or have low voltage it can still mess up and a reset is still needed, it is just done differently (at the controller. not the switch)

Anyhow....here is their troubleshooting doc that covers both.

PS. To confuse everyone further, we are also proto-typing a slim rack version with just an IN-OUT switch that does not set stops at all. It just stops when the motor torques out and the motors do not sync. It just runs power and ground to the motor...back to being dumb, which we think we like, time will tell.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SLIMRACK® SYSTEM QUICK TROUBLESHOOTING.pdf (6.12 MB, 226 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 04:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Programmable Controllers
We have always used the "manual stop switch" or programmable controller (this has the motor buttons and clear fault button on the back side of the switch). The theory was we could fine tune the slide outs and adjust the stops as needed, manually. However, many times the slide stops are lost due to low voltage and other items, that I am still not totally sure of.

PS. To confuse everyone further, we are also proto-typing a slim rack version with just an IN-OUT switch that does not set stops at all. It just stops when the motor torques out and the motors do not sync. It just runs power and ground to the motor...back to being dumb, which we think we like, time will tell.
Brian,
I am totally convinced that the 'dumb' version is what I'd like to retrofit on our '22 Isata 3 24FW that has become intolerant of setting stops on replacement front motors. I've resorted to running it dumb from a small LiFePo battery along with the rear motor from the wall control switch after clearing the error message (7 red/1 green). This works but is a PITA vs remote operation via cell phone app from outside the RV.
I am hopeful that the new controller is compatible with the existing Firefly and parking brake connections and remote app.
Who is the LCI contact to explore this as a replacement system?
Thanks
Mike
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 05:02 PM   #3
Commercial Member

You would not at this time. As I said, it is just in testing phase and has not rolled out across the board yet.

it is totally new harness, new controller, new motors. Sounds like you might just need a replacement controller. There is a new K version out I believe.

Old 05-23-2024, 04:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Programmable Controllers
We have always used the "manual stop switch" or programmable controller (this has the motor buttons and clear fault button on the back side of the switch). The theory was we could fine tune the slide outs and adjust the stops as needed, manually. However, many times the slide stops are lost due to low voltage and other items, that I am still not totally sure of. On the bright side, resetting the slide stops takes care of 95% of "slide will not run" issues.

Auto Programmable Controllers
These have just an IN-OUT button, no buttons on the back of the switch. We have recently converted to this because LCI said it does not lose the stop settings (not entirely true). To program you just press the button, wait until it "torques out" and then hold it. It sets automatically. Though...if you set them wrong or have low voltage it can still mess up and a reset is still needed, it is just done differently (at the controller. not the switch)

Anyhow....here is their troubleshooting doc that covers both.

Just picked up a new '24 Freedom Edition delivered to the dealer ~March 1. I need to check which version I have but I have a generic question.

I come from the Schwintek world where you had to hold the button for 2 - 3 second after the slide stopped moving (extending or retracting) in order for the motors to remain in sync.

I have read conflicting information about the SlimRack mechanism. Do you release the button immediately when the slide stops or hold for 1 or 2 seconds after slide movement stopped? Or does it matter?
Judge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 04:04 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I always hold it for a second and you can hear the motors turn one more time, but I have never found it to make a difference either way.

Old 05-28-2024, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
You would not at this time. As I said, it is just in testing phase and has not rolled out across the board yet.

it is totally new harness, new controller, new motors. Sounds like you might just need a replacement controller. There is a new K version out I believe.
Brian
I appreciate the feedback on the new system in testing. I'm still hopeful it will prove to be successful and offer a path for retrofit in the future.
I have a spare LCI 700157 SlimRack/FAST Track Manual Program Slideout Controller that functions exactly the same as the original. So should I be looking for a 700157K replacement controller?
Thanks
Mike
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:09 AM   #7

We got the new controllers for our slides (700156) a month ago and so far slide operation has been flawless. There are no strange sounds, no bucking and grinding, no loss of stops, no sounds of motor(s) death the last 6-12 inches, and no slide misalignment from the motors getting out of sync. The slides fully seat now when in and we found out by accident that the slides do not have to be run all the way in or out. This is helpful for us with the Europa 31SS because we can extend the rear slide enough to get back to the wardrobe when stopped at a rest stop without having to fully deploy the slide. Our confidence is back.
AZFoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:23 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFoxes View Post
We got the new controllers for our slides (700156) a month ago and so far slide operation has been flawless. There are no strange sounds, no bucking and grinding, no loss of stops, no sounds of motor(s) death the last 6-12 inches, and no slide misalignment from the motors getting out of sync. The slides fully seat now when in and we found out by accident that the slides do not have to be run all the way in or out. This is helpful for us with the Europa 31SS because we can extend the rear slide enough to get back to the wardrobe when stopped at a rest stop without having to fully deploy the slide. Our confidence is back.
Greg confirmed that you have the Auto Program

Old 05-29-2024, 07:42 AM   #9

Thanks Brian. The new system is a game changer wrt peace of mind.

Quote:
Greg confirmed that you have the Auto Program
Old 05-29-2024, 07:53 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I hope you knocked on some wood!

Old 05-29-2024, 01:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFoxes View Post
Did you purchase these or were they replaced under warranty? Where are the controllers located on the 31SS I'm guessing the main slide one is in the electrical bay, but haven't located it.

So far (Knock wood) I've not had any issues, but the main slide does get slower as it goes out (Engine Running, fully charged batteries) and a couple of times it's started to go out crooked and I've had to run it back in. Several times I've felt it hasn't gone all the way out so I've had to bring it in a small amount to get it to go out again.
1998 Monaco Windsor 34PST
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 04:35 PM   #12

We got the work done at the factory. While out of warranty this was a long running documented issue…from the day we received the Europa. The controllers, there is one for each slide, is located in the electrical bay. Top, right side wall, as you are looking in the bay. The pic is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Did you purchase these or were they replaced under warranty? Where are the controllers located on the 31SS I'm guessing the main slide one is in the electrical bay, but haven't located it.

So far (Knock wood) I've not had any issues, but the main slide does get slower as it goes out (Engine Running, fully charged batteries) and a couple of times it's started to go out crooked and I've had to run it back in. Several times I've felt it hasn't gone all the way out so I've had to bring it in a small amount to get it to go out again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2815.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	300355