Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

New To Forum and looking for Isada 3 or 4

I really like the Dynamax brand and plan a purchase in the near future. I have looked for the Isada 4 but only a few exist. Why are they so rare, the added capacity and similar size makes this attractive. I know the ford will suffer fuel mileage but the V10 is a great motor and I can service it. Thanks for sharing

Also why no outside TV, I see them on most other brands. Do you just carry a portable in storage

Bill in Houston
wagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #2

Search Isata 4 on the forum and I think you will see recently they have suspended production in favor of the more popular Isata 3 and Isata 5.

Depending on the number in your family, the Isata 3 is good for two people and maybe a couple of small kids. The Isata 5 30FW gives you a lot more carry capacity and has the outside TV. Very similar to the Isata 3 but has the extra length that gives you a small sofa or theatre seats optional (my favorite).

Both are diesel powered, the Isata 4 was the only gas chassis in the Dynamax lineup.

I believe there is a Dynamax dealer in Houston, but don’t know what they might have on the lot to see. I bought mine in Alvarado at MHSRV.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:44 AM   #3

Thanks, well I guess that answers took care of the Isada4 hunt. I show 11 in the US for sale. I have been to MHSRV and wow what a place. Ted is my sales guy but he is nor very responsive. The Isada 3 's in the 19 models are almost all sold out. I was looking at the FW, theater seats, overhead bunk.

I was pre-approved for 3.99% @10y for 120k at my bank so they know I was ready to purchase something but not answering emails promptly. They have a 2020 exactly as I want but its 114k. They also have a 2019 almost like I want for 88k last one but its a great deal. Did not want dinette and rear slide but does has plenty of nice options.

I would consider a small ford 450 but just does not seem to be any with the same quality as the Isada

I wonder how the Isada 4 rides and handles compared to the 3, also what about the resale now that it's discontinued.

Hey thanks for your help, we visit Hill County every chance we can. As a child, I spent my summers at Camp Rio Vista in Ingram so the Hill County is my second home. Love Caynon lake area

Thanks again, Bill
Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #4

My wife and I were recently shopping and looked very hard at the ISATA 3 and 4 (the 27 footer). We really wanted to like the smaller ISATAs, but after inspecting the 4s in person and even visiting the factory, we felt the ISATA 4 design and features came up short in several areas and could not justify it’s higher price over similar coaches in the Forester and Sunseeker lines.

My point is not to bash Dynamax, but if you’re frustrated by the lack of ISATA 4 availability, I suggest not overlooking the Sunseeker or Forester products. We bought a Sunseeker (Ford) and felt it was superior to the ISATA 4 in aspects that were important to us, and as a bonus, it costs less.

The choice between the Ford E-450 and the Mercedes Benz Sprinter is a much more complicated issue where you will have to consider your specific needs and trade offs.
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #5

The Series 4 Isata is not in production since Ford is redesigning the chassis. They are using a V8 to gain leg room. I love our 31DS series 4. I too looked at Forester and Sunseeker but the quality of materials was not nearly as good. Dynamax uses a one piece fiberglass roof instead of TPO. The storage in the Dynamax is close to double. Overall the Dynamax is a great coach. If it were me I would find one that is still out there. Dealers want to sell any leftovers. We managed to get 37% off the $141,800 MSRP.
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
The Series 4 Isata is not in production since Ford is redesigning the chassis. They are using a V8 to gain leg room. I love our 31DS series 4. I too looked at Forester and Sunseeker but the quality of materials was not nearly as good. Dynamax uses a one piece fiberglass roof instead of TPO. The storage in the Dynamax is close to double. Overall the Dynamax is a great coach. If it were me I would find one that is still out there. Dealers want to sell any leftovers. We managed to get 37% off the $141,800 MSRP.
Here is the story on the current break in production of ISATA4. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es-186432.html

As far as I can tell, other RV makers are currently turning out E-450 based motorhomes. Any upcoming change to the E-series is apparently not impacting current production at their facilities.

By the way, Sunseeker and Forester currently use a one piece fiberglass roof, not TPO. One reason we declined the ISATA 3 & 4 was the inadequate and almost useless interior storage. Apparently the ISATA4 31DS got it right because people have commented how much they liked theirs, and I wouldn’t doubt what they say is true. However, we needed a coach 27’ or less, so we didn’t look at the 31DS. We all have different needs, and I guess that’s why there are many choices in motorhomes.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #7

Thanks, Guys I really like the Isada3 FW cabover, theater seat, disel gen, with 200w solar, al wheels. I started looking too late and 2019's are gone

https://www.mhsrv.com/2019-dynamax-c...-c-tx-i2182629

this

is a good deal but not crazy about the layout

If I could find the FW with these specs above, I would by today.

I am sure they exist but calling and haggling with a bunch of out of state dealers is not high on my list

My only other choices are Tiffen, View, Navion but they are priced way up there. I just don't know if I can turn loose on 120k 25ft van
Old 08-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #8

I'm hoping that production of the Isata 4 resumes when the new E450 chassis and V8 engine is available. Apparently the V8 is being detuned for use in motorhomes as opposed to the engine in F250's and F350's. Having said that, the new pushrod V8 will have more torque than the V10 from the latest update that I found online from Ford.

If/when the Isata 4 is brought back, would like to see the option of getting a residential fridge, 2 a/c's (even if they're 11K units like in the Jayco Greyhawk/Entegra Esteem) and also the option of being able to get a unit w/ 50 amp service. Have owned 2 Winnebago Aspects and sometimes one a/c in the Texas heat won't cut it to keep the unit comfortable.

We've owned a Grand Design Solitude 5th wheel for 18 months and love the residential fridge - cools down in just a few hours to 36 degrees in the fridge and -2 in the freezer and maintains the temp throughout the day. Would be hard for wife & myself have to go back to a Norcold or Dometic unit.

If the Isata 4 doesn't come back into production, probably will get the Entegra Esteem.

Ed W.
ucwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucwinters View Post
I'm hoping that production of the Isata 4 resumes when the new E450 chassis and V8 engine is available. Apparently the V8 is being detuned for use in motorhomes as opposed to the engine in F250's and F350's. Having said that, the new pushrod V8 will have more torque than the V10 from the latest update that I found online from Ford.

If/when the Isata 4 is brought back, would like to see the option of getting a residential fridge, 2 a/c's (even if they're 11K units like in the Jayco Greyhawk/Entegra Esteem) and also the option of being able to get a unit w/ 50 amp service. Have owned 2 Winnebago Aspects and sometimes one a/c in the Texas heat won't cut it to keep the unit comfortable.

We've owned a Grand Design Solitude 5th wheel for 18 months and love the residential fridge - cools down in just a few hours to 36 degrees in the fridge and -2 in the freezer and maintains the temp throughout the day. Would be hard for wife & myself have to go back to a Norcold or Dometic unit.

If the Isata 4 doesn't come back into production, probably will get the Entegra Esteem.

Ed W.
I have a 2018 Isata 4 31 DS and love it. We have the domestic 7 cubic foot and have tested it in 116 degrees in Surprise Arizona. Unit had no issues keeping the ice cream solid🤣. Sure nice if off the grid. The unit has one 15 k Atwood and it did pretty well in the heat. It got up to the high 70’s low 80’s which seemed great coming in from 116 degrees. The night temps stayed around 80 and the ac cooled well.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
I have a 2018 Isata 4 31 DS and love it. We have the domestic 7 cubic foot and have tested it in 116 degrees in Surprise Arizona. Unit had no issues keeping the ice cream solid��. Sure nice if off the grid. The unit has one 15 k Atwood and it did pretty well in the heat. It got up to the high 70’s low 80’s which seemed great coming in from 116 degrees. The night temps stayed around 80 and the ac cooled well.
Bill,

Sounds like your Isata 4 is a good one and thanks for the info! Does the Atwood come w/ a heat strip or heat pump option? The 31DS model (like yours) is the one that I'm interested in.
I've camped at the Texas coast in the summertime in a travel trailer in the past that was 30 amp and the one a/c struggled during the heat of the day to keep the unit comfortable. Also had to take the outside plastic grille guard off so I could clamp a small fan to the opening of the back of the fridge and direct the fan breeze over the coils to get the fridge to cool properly.

We don't boondock, so the residential fridge would be my choice (if available) and could always use the generator in the Dynamax to charge up the batteries for the inverter if we lost power for any extended period of time.

Hoping that Dynamax brings the Isata 4 back soon.
ucwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:03 PM   #11

One thing the ISATA 4 needs to be competitive is an aerodynamic front cap option with entertainment and storage rather than the mandatory cabover bed.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucwinters View Post
Bill,

Sounds like your Isata 4 is a good one and thanks for the info! Does the Atwood come w/ a heat strip or heat pump option? The 31DS model (like yours) is the one that I'm interested in.
I've camped at the Texas coast in the summertime in a travel trailer in the past that was 30 amp and the one a/c struggled during the heat of the day to keep the unit comfortable. Also had to take the outside plastic grille guard off so I could clamp a small fan to the opening of the back of the fridge and direct the fan breeze over the coils to get the fridge to cool properly.

We don't boondock, so the residential fridge would be my choice (if available) and could always use the generator in the Dynamax to charge up the batteries for the inverter if we lost power for any extended period of time.

Hoping that Dynamax brings the Isata 4 back soon.
The Atwood comes with a heat pump. The only negative about the heat pump system on this unit is it does not go much below like 45 degrees and then kicks in gas heat. The Dometic fridge is a trooper in the heat. It has a built in fan to pull air over the coils. Anytime it is super hot you hear it running. I was surprised it had a fan because usually they don't put fans in unless they are in a slide were ventilation is a problem. Have a great day
Old 08-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #13

Brian, do you know why Ford doesn't offer a diesel in the E450s?

For $9K more I would think they would sell a lot of them.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
Brian, do you know why Ford doesn't offer a diesel in the E450s?

For $9K more I would think they would sell a lot of them.

Dave
Yes I do...because no one buys them. They used to offer them, I know, because I built and sold them (and I use the word "sold" loosely).

Short story, a van does not have the engine space of a truck. So the van version was de-rated versus the truck. No one would pay the money for them when they could get a gas rig for so much less. Eventually Ford stopped offering it in the E450. Now that they are going to the V6 in that platform, I suspect they may look at it again.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote