Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

Newbie with some questions

Good afternoon everybody. I have been a "lurker" on this site for a while. I've been reading, learning, and debating on what Force I want. I believe that the 37bh will be the best fit for what we need in a motorhome. Would love to get the HD, bigger is better, but not totally sold if we truly need that.
I do have a couple of questions that only other owners could answer. Where do you park it when not in use? Do you own a garage? Or rent a building? Do you plug it in when in storage? What about insurance? I have been told that it can be financed like a home, is there any truth to that?
RockHaulerLarry523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

We have the bunkhouse force, the HD came out after we purchased. We have a building we own with family, heated storage unit, which is a great way to store your purchase. We had insurance through Good Sam the first year, but they tried to give us a 40% increase year two, so we have been with Progressive now for a year, love Progressive so far. Our accountant has us write off all of the interest on the loan as a second home, like a vacation property.

Good luck, you cant go wrong with the Dynamax, Force or HD.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #3

We have buildings but they are too small. Looking in the future to build my own for storage & other toys. We rent space from a friend that is near to our residence for storage. We tried climate controlled storage before...pretty costly & they really never wanted to run at proper temps anytime of the year to save them money. Currently we winterize & used battery tenders...I have over-charged my fair share of batteries.

Branson, MO
jeffseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #4

Thank you for the responses. I do appreciate your input. I am in the process in finding a shop first. Hopefully it will be big enough to park my semi and the coach. Not looking for anything fancy, just dry and insulated.
RockHaulerLarry523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags