RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #1

NHTSA RECALL 17V724 - Isata 3 Carbon Monoxide

Hello All,
This is an old recall but new to me. Just received it for my preowned 24FW I bought in Feb. Looks like it applies to '17 and '18 3's.

Does anyone know what the fix is and can it be performed by the vehicle owner. I am not real close to any Dynamax or FR dealers. It says it takes .17 Hours or roughly 10 minutes for the fix so it can't be much, I would think.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneum525 View Post
Hello All,
This is an old recall but new to me. Just received it for my preowned 24FW I bought in Feb. Looks like it applies to '17 and '18 3's.

Does anyone know what the fix is and can it be performed by the vehicle owner. I am not real close to any Dynamax or FR dealers. It says it takes .17 Hours or roughly 10 minutes for the fix so it can't be much, I would think.

Thanks
On some the tail pipe didnít extend beyond the body. Mine was ok. I imagine the fix was to install a tail pipe extension.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #3

Thanks Bill. Just went out and took a look at my tail pipe and it extends past the body about 3 inches. Anyone else with a 2017 or 18 that had the recall performed?
Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #4
Motorized GM

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks
If you google the recall and look at the docs, at the very bottom it has pictures of what it was and what the fix was. As already mentioned, it was exhaust not extending past the sidewall, fix was to add an extension.

If it is already done, take a picture, send it into the service rep and they can likely clear the recall in the sytem.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #5

The earlier posts are talking tailpipes. As I recall this was the generator exhaust which is not mentioned in the earlier posts. Mine was fine when I owned an Isata 3 and I took a picture and sent it in.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
Motorized GM

It was tailpipe
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks
I put a Short Stainless Tail Pipe Extension on mine in 2017 and was reimbursed by Forest River. Looks cool, was going to anyway : ) Unfortunately I just got the same recall again so it wasn't cleared even though I supplied all the paperwork to FR. Guess I will have to call or ignore it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust_tip.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	241572  
USN-RET MCPO/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
NXR

You can peruse the documents here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2017/F...YNAMAX#recalls

Expand out 14 Associated Documents and but start with this one: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V724-6560.PDF

Descriptive Information:
The scope was determine by a manufacturing process change in May, 2016 when the manufacturing plant began to cut the vehicle exhaust pipe approximately 3” shorter than in prior production. Other vehicles manufactured by Dynamax use a different vehicle exhaust that is not altered.

Summary
Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Dynamax recreational vehicles, models ISC24FWM, ISC24RWM, ISC24FWMCD and ISC24CBM. If the vehicle is parked with the engine running, carbon monoxide may enter the passenger cabin through open windows or other openings in the floor.

Remedy

Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will install stainless steel exhaust tips to lengthen the exhaust, free of charge. The began on December 14, 2017. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-574-262-3474. Forest River's number for this recall is 55-0565.

Ray
Old 10-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #9

Thanks all...
Old 10-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #10

Just sent in pics of my MH (showing my exhaust extending a couple of inches beyond the body of the MH) along with a copy of the recall notice to Danielle at Dynamax who indicated that she would help facilitate getting the recall closed out for me.

Thanks to all that responded on this thread...

Tags
recall