Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 03:08 PM   #21
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpac View Post
It's frustrating but be glad you aren't stuck with the blown water pump between Phoenix and Tucson, or in the middle of Nevada, or Nebraska.
Yes indeed...

Right now (1:07 pm.) it is 101.1 degrees on my front porch here in Yuma, AZ (150 miles from Phoenix and 230 miles from Tucson).

Supposed to reach 110 degrees by 5:00 pm.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #22

My dealer says the water pumps are on perpetual back order so I picked up a gates pump and threw it in the RV.

Parts are half the battle when on the road. I need to double check to ensure I have the serpentine belt. Gasket sealant is not required on the Cummins.

Ps I also carry a set of bearings and seals for the 5er.

Hope your time is pleasant and resolution is quick!
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #23

In 10 years you will look back on this with a smile. Until then, do what I do and travel with a full FW tank at all times.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:49 PM   #24
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
In 10 years you will look back on this with a smile. Until then, do what I do and travel with a full FW tank at all times.
I typically like to travel with no more than a half tank of fresh water to keep down the weight...

Unless I know that where I'm going has bad water, which can be frequent out here in the southwest!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:45 PM   #25

I have different advice. Maybe not good but its advice. I think you should and deserve a royal full blown kicking screaming and throwing of objects melt down for a few minutes. You have earned it and you deserve it so dont miss this great opportunity to let it rip.

Then after that, sit down and catch your breathe and your senses for a few minutes.

Next there is no one at the dealership to help with water. We have to get them there. I suggest breaking a window or door that may have a burglar alarm on it. Once the alarm goes off, run back to your camper and sit and wait on someone to come. When they get there, tell them you saw the entire thing. It was a man with a blacked out Force HD named Halla that did it and ran off with another man that he was yelling at saying BC wait on me.

Now we got the help there, lets get some water. Also we can get someone to check the parts dept to see if they have the water pump. If they do, DH can put it on in the morning and be on your way.

I warned you this may not be good advice but advice none the less..

Hope your day gets better.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #26
Dahagen

It is not too bad breaking down between Phoenix and Tucson. I did it at 3pm on a Saturday and was towed to a shop in Coolidge, AZ. The tow driver had called the manager as he was towing my motorhome and when I got to the closed shop I was shown where to hook up water and power. Spend two great nights in the shops lot and was first in line Monday morning. Great service from my insurance company, the tow driver, the shop, and even Ford paid for the repair.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #27

[QUOTE=Mountieman;1860166]I have different advice. Maybe not good..

Mountieman...
My DH says we you and I think way too much alike!!!
[emoji16] [emoji3]
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I have different advice. Maybe not good but its advice. I think you should and deserve a royal full blown kicking screaming and throwing of objects melt down for a few minutes. You have earned it and you deserve it so dont miss this great opportunity to let it rip.

Then after that, sit down and catch your breathe and your senses for a few minutes.

Next there is no one at the dealership to help with water. We have to get them there. I suggest breaking a window or door that may have a burglar alarm on it. Once the alarm goes off, run back to your camper and sit and wait on someone to come. When they get there, tell them you saw the entire thing. It was a man with a blacked out Force HD named Halla that did it and ran off with another man that he was yelling at saying BC wait on me.

Now we got the help there, lets get some water. Also we can get someone to check the parts dept to see if they have the water pump. If they do, DH can put it on in the morning and be on your way.

Oh how I'd love to! Thanks for the smile.
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #29

Did a search and found this on the Turbo Diesel forum of Sept 2017.
===================
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling almost half a million medium- and heavy-duty Ram trucks over a water pump issue that could potentially cause a fire.

The company said it is not aware of any injuries or accidents related to the issue, which affects 2013-17 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups and 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs. The recall is limited to trucks with 6.7-liter engines, the company said in a news release, noting that it no longer equips vehicles with that water pump.
Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
2013megacab, Sep 19, 2017

=======================
The Isata 5 uses the 5500 chassis.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #30

Our Force HD has a gravity fill door on the outside. Check on the outside above the top of where the water tank is for a small keyed door. Hopefully you have one.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #31

Are you anywhere close to Albany, Oregon?
Old 07-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Are you anywhere close to Albany, Oregon?
We are in The Dalles about 2.5 hours NE of there.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Our Force HD has a gravity fill door on the outside. Check on the outside above the top of where the water tank is for a small keyed door. Hopefully you have one.
Nope, no little door on the Isata 5
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Did a search and found this on the Turbo Diesel forum of Sept 2017.
===================
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling almost half a million medium- and heavy-duty Ram trucks over a water pump issue that could potentially cause a fire.

The company said it is not aware of any injuries or accidents related to the issue, which affects 2013-17 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups and 3500, 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs. The recall is limited to trucks with 6.7-liter engines, the company said in a news release, noting that it no longer equips vehicles with that water pump.
Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
2013megacab, Sep 19, 2017

=======================
The Isata 5 uses the 5500 chassis.

Yes, and I checked the web site as soon as I heard about the recall. They list the recalls by VIN and ours was not included. It didnt start a fire, it seemed to simply fail and it did get so hot that the serpentine belt broke because of the heat. So we now need 2 parts that seem to be unavailable. Since we are camping at the dealership, I plan to be first in line in the am for service.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 07-04-2018, 08:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
We are in The Dalles about 2.5 hours NE of there.
Beautiful area. I have ridden both sides of the Columbia River Gorge on the Harley. Great area to visit. Also loved the Bonneville and Grand Coulee Dams on the Columbia. The fish ladders at Bonneville are amazing. The laser light show at Grand Coulee is pretty cool as well.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Unfortunately the 30FW doesn't have a gravity fill. I found that out when I was researching how to sanitize our fresh water tank.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post

I think I just discovered where the phrase "Advice is free and worth the price!" came from.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I think I just discovered where the phrase "Advice is free and worth the price!" came from.
LOL I was just trying to make her smile in a frustrating moment.

But for real, If I had an appt in the morning for some kind of routine work, I would most gladly let them have my appt and bring mine back another day. Maybe there will be someone in the morning who will give them a break.. They sure deserve one... If not she may whip the whole crowd..
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #39

What did the dealer say? Did you get it fixed?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #40

Had my '14 6.7 at the dealer today for routine stuff and two recalls, One was for the water pump and the other for the transmission lock (that was only software). They inspected the water pump and said it was OK, but it is the old style and must be replaced. Replacement water pumps are only supplied against the VIN and RAM must send the replacement pump to the dealer against my VIN. The new pumps are in short supply.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, pump, recall, water, water pump