Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #1

No bugs for my Fresh Water Tank

I have located the overflow/vent lines from my fresh water tank. One of the 1/2" lines already had a valve? The other is about to get one to keep water from pouring out while I drive. I have labeled the Add Water Valve to remind me to open the overflow valve when filling my fresh water tank.

The big 1 3/8 line is getting a filter of sorts. These are normally put over air filters found on small motorcycles. I had a few not in use. Should keep most critters out and the two closed valves will keep the smaller hoses clean and bug free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	275954  
Old 07-04-2022, 04:14 PM   #2
New here, old elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
I have located the overflow/vent lines from my fresh water tank. One of the 1/2" lines already had a valve? The other is about to get one to keep water from pouring out while I drive. I have labeled the Add Water Valve to remind me to open the overflow valve when filling my fresh water tank.

The big 1 3/8 line is getting a filter of sorts. These are normally put over air filters found on small motorcycles. I had a few not in use. Should keep most critters out and the two closed valves will keep the smaller hoses clean and bug free.
Are you sure the one with the valve isn't your drain? As long as you have another vent or one of the non-threaded caps it won't hurt to add the valve to the vent. You'll want some way for air to escape while moving or you risk expanding your tank as evidenced by multiple post around here.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwbfl View Post
Are you sure the one with the valve isn't your drain? As long as you have another vent or one of the non-threaded caps it won't hurt to add the valve to the vent. You'll want some way for air to escape while moving or you risk expanding your tank as evidenced by multiple post around here.
Yes, now that I think about it. I did drain the dealer supplied water out before putting my soft water in. There are several white hoses at the top of the tank so I still have some learning to do.

The big 1 3/8 hose will still provide venting. I will be sure to open the new valve that I will install next time on the 1/2 overflow line. I was not happy with the clamp sizing so new size enroute for next trip to where I keep the RV.

Tags
bugs, fresh water, tank, water, water tank