Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #1

No rear lights

Does anybody know where the fuse box for the rear lights is on a DX3, 2018.
I blew the fuse on the 12v dash socket and not sure if it’s co-incidental but I now have no rear lights, marker lights or roof marker lights. Front headlights and front side marker lights work but nothing past the cab. Turn lights work. I also can’t find the fuse for the 12v socket either.
Anybody help please?
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhome1 View Post
Does anybody know where the fuse box for the rear lights is on a DX3, 2018.
I blew the fuse on the 12v dash socket and not sure if it’s co-incidental but I now have no rear lights, marker lights or roof marker lights. Front headlights and front side marker lights work but nothing past the cab. Turn lights work. I also can’t find the fuse for the 12v socket either.
Anybody help please?
Just read a post on this today. Look under the driver seat for fuse box. Also a fuse box under the rear of the rig was mentioned.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #3

Thanks, but I think that’s not for a DX3. Nothing under seat neither could I see anything at the rear. Freightliner says behind cab but I can’t see anything inside or outside.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #4

Had similar problems: There is no "fuse box" like days of old were fuses controlled turn signals, brake lights, marker lights etc.
most of that stuff on ours is controlled by the "bulkhead module"
Look on page 2.8 of the freightliner book, there is a "main fuse box/PDM"
it is located under the hood on the firewall in front of the instrument cluster. There are some fuses you can check that control the bulk head modules, there are about 5 of them, you may have blown one of those fuses.
It is going to get dark soon, if you cant find it, PM me and I will give you my cell #
Joe
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #5

Wink

Hi thanks
I’ve checked most of those fuse in both fuse boxes under the hood. I’m not sure I checked them all. I’m surprised if the 12v socket is on the same fuse as the tail lights but as you say, it’s not like the old days. The Freightliner manual say there is a fuse box on a crossmember at the rear of the cab but can’t see it anywhere. Even crawled underneath. It is getting dark now so I’ll go back to the storage tomorrow and see what I can find. I will pm you if I have no luck.
Thanks
Old 03-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #6

I lost my infotainment/gps system and found the fuse in the storage bay where the inverter is located at. Up high and towards the back. 2016 DX3 37TS
RViBrake2 Auxilliary Braking System w/ TPMS
Frank and Karen Mann
YouTheMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhome1 View Post
Hi thanks
I’ve checked most of those fuse in both fuse boxes under the hood. I’m not sure I checked them all. I’m surprised if the 12v socket is on the same fuse as the tail lights but as you say, it’s not like the old days. The Freightliner manual say there is a fuse box on a crossmember at the rear of the cab but can’t see it anywhere. Even crawled underneath. It is getting dark now so I’ll go back to the storage tomorrow and see what I can find. I will pm you if I have no luck.
Thanks
that fuse box does not exist.
Here is how that stuff works: the bulkhead modules are programed and they work this this: the computer logic that controls lets say the marker lights, if it senses a overcurrent, overvoltage, undervoltage,or short circuit, it will turn the logic for that circuit off, if and when it senses that any of those conditions go away, it will turn back on. Sounds crazy, but that's how it works.
There are 5 bulkhead module fuses and 3 chassis module fuses in that PDM box. they are 30A fuses green in color.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #8

I had an issue with my toad lights, caused all marker & tail lamps to not work. Un pluged toad and RV lights started working again, no blown fuse. Repaired toad light wire and everything is fine.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:49 PM   #9

Thanks everybody.ill check all tomorrow if the weathers good
Old 03-04-2018, 07:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSWVK View Post
I had an issue with my toad lights, caused all marker & tail lamps to not work. Un pluged toad and RV lights started working again, no blown fuse. Repaired toad light wire and everything is fine.
Yes, that was what my problem was, on trying to find that problem, I had a well versed Freightliner guy who explained to me the purpose and function of the Bulk Head Modules and how they have taken the place of "individual fuses"

6 months later had another problem of a 47 pin connector that had, brake lights ABS, parking brake and all other sorts of things going on. It is located along the inboard side up high of the drivers side fuel tank and the engine.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #11

Yes, I remember that post. I have located that connector on our rig and am keeping an eye on it. We are pretty dry out here so moisture is not so much of a problem.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #12

Bob glad that you got your problem resolved. Nice speaking with you.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #13

Thanks to everybody and especially for Joet19711 for his help. I found a fuse blown, which was the one Joet suggested. Not sure if blowing the 12V receptacle causes you to lose the rear lights too, but before I found the fuse I put power to the recepticle and the rear lights worked, however once I replaced the blown fuse the lights worked but there was still no power to the recepticle. I checked every fuse including those in the inverter bay and all were good. I eventually took a lead from the opt switch to the receptacle.i also lost power to CB radio which now works too. I assume there must be an inline fuse somewhere from CB / recepticle. Only other thing now is my solar panel controller is not showing a charge or any amps going to the batteries. It shows voltage and panels show max power, but no amps. I’m hoping because I was running the generator and the batteries are topped up it won’t kick in. Anybody know any better?

Tags
light