Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #1

No Shut-Off Valves for Bathroom Sink, 2019 Isata 5 35DB

Dynamax plumbing schematic suggests that there should be shut-off valves on the cold and hot supply lines to the bathroom sink. Our 2019 does not have them (see picture below). Is this a running change? If so, curious as to why. All the other fixtures in the coach have shut-offs just like the drawing suggests, but why delete on the sink?

Again, just being curious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I5 Fresh Water.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	181084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	181085  
Old 07-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #2

Well I’m not sure you want my opinion because I get thrashed kinda hard around here the way I approach and question things ( in a nice and calm manner )but I will just say I think it is customary to have to work on these and finish some things when you get them home.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
Dynamax plumbing schematic suggests that there should be shut-off valves on the cold and hot supply lines to the bathroom sink. Our 2019 does not have them (see picture below). Is this a running change? If so, curious as to why. All the other fixtures in the coach have shut-offs just like the drawing suggests, but why delete on the sink?

Again, just being curious.
Keep looking, they may be there somewhere. I kept scratching my head to find the valve to turn off the water supply to the ice maker and it is actually located very close to where my drawing (I have a DS) says it should be. But it was behind a cabinet brace. So I'm suggesting it could be near where your drawing says it could/should be. Keep looking, unless BC comes on and says you don't have one. My Kit cutoffs are behind a panel too but you can get to them with a long reach.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Well I’m not sure you want my opinion because I get thrashed kinda hard around here the way I approach and question things ( in a nice and calm manner )but I will just say I think it is customary to have to work on these and finish some things when you get them home.
Understood….and in general, I am okay with that. I have a 200ft. spool of both blue and red Pex piping hanging in my garage. I have plenty of Pex fittings and the Pex crimping tool. I ain’t skeeerd!

I just want to check and see before I go nuts. I see valves in the drawing, I don’t see valves in the coach. My curiosity goes up. Does it even need shut off valves? Probably not…..but I’m gonna ask!

….and if you get bashed for your opinion and asking questions here on this forum, that’s no good. Just ignore them!
Old 07-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Keep looking, they may be there somewhere. I kept scratching my head to find the valve to turn off the water supply to the ice maker and it is actually located very close to where my drawing (I have a DS) says it should be. But it was behind a cabinet brace. So I'm suggesting it could be near where your drawing says it could/should be. Keep looking, unless BC comes on and says you don't have one. My Kit cutoffs are behind a panel too but you can get to them with a long reach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I don’t _think_ so, but I’ve been wrong before. In my picture above, that a picture from under the sink in my own personal 35DB. On one end of the Pex, you can see the flex lines running to the sink and those defiantly don’t have a valve. The other end of the Pex runs under the floor and down towards the wet bay. I seriously doubt the valves are in the floor and they most certainly are in the wet bay because I just had the whole wet bay apart.

It’s really not a big deal, but since Mr. Clemens signature says, “PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers” then that’s what I am going to do.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #6

Someone will pop up in a day or so. And no you don't really need them. Turn off the water pump. Cut off shore water supply and all of you water is off. Then if you are disconnecting some of your plumbing all you'd have to worry about is the water in that line.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, roo, sink, valve