Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #1

Observation on Warranty Issues

We took delivery of our Isata 5 30FWD in mid March right at the beginning of Covid. We have had several issues and there have been long delays because of parts availability, Covid and miscommunication. One of the most recent problems was a missing bushing end on the overhead vent in the kitchen. The dealer's answer to this was to request Dynamax cover replacing the entire vent. Dynamax agreed and the vent is on order. This seemed like overkill to me, and I really did not want the dealer messing with the roof and seals if it wasn't necessary. I found the part needed on etrailer for 20 bucks including the shipping charge. See the picture. It took me 10 minutes to install it.

I appreciate that Dynamax is approving the warranty work without a problem, but this really seems like a waste of money. That fan is at least 300 bucks, plus labor and shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_154121(2).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	235065  
NorthIdahoCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #2

Good call on your part. Most things on your RV can be fixed yourself with minor effort. Secondly, all the component parts that are not Dynamax mfg can be serviced by any authorized dealer. I have an RV repair facility about 1/4 mile from my house that has been in business for many years and they service all the brands listed below with minimal wait.

Fortunately I am on my second Dynamax in 3+ years and have had almost no issues and everything has been handled by me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B388B40-73D9-4138-BF7E-08918558FEFC.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	235069  
Old 07-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #3
Commercial Member

I sent this to service with the note "not that we can really do anything about it" but FYI. I like getting pictures so maybe we can tell them how to fix as opposed to waiting forever to replace.

Dealers tend to want to replace, not repair. Which is why our guys are typically very willing to send parts direct to the consumer when at all possible. It saves SO much aggravation. I know I would much rather do the repair myself than to waste time taking it into a dealer. Just the drive there and back I could have fixed it myself.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #4

Thank you. In the future We will just order parts and fix it ourselves when we can. I appreciate your follow up.
NorthIdahoCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #5

Warrantee Issues

We have a 2019 Chaparral which WAS under warrantee until May 2020.
Troubles with the DSI lite for HWT and the furnace not working, plus a minor exhaust vent cover not closing. Had it in to the Dealer since May 5th, they fixed the furnace in early June and nothing on the others. I called FR inc. in Indiana and after many calls I thought we agreed for them to send the circuit board (Cheap) and the vent cover (also cheap) to me directly, so I could do the installation myself. The only good news is that I bypassed the dealer, but the parts haven't arrived yet. I'm getting skeptical!!
ross0547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #6
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I sent this to service with the note "not that we can really do anything about it" but FYI. I like getting pictures so maybe we can tell them how to fix as opposed to waiting forever to replace.

Dealers tend to want to replace, not repair. Which is why our guys are typically very willing to send parts direct to the consumer when at all possible. It saves SO much aggravation. I know I would much rather do the repair myself than to waste time taking it into a dealer. Just the drive there and back I could have fixed it myself.
BC, I had a related issue with our friends at Appleway with the Thetford toilet not holding water. Even though I told them multiple times (at least 5) that you had said it was the discharge hose not being run right, first they replaced the sensor in the toilet, then they replaced the switch. Then when I went to pick up the rig and noticed it still not holding water, they repeatedly tried to tell me it was supposed to be that way. Finally one of the senior service managers looked up the instructions online and saw a note about that exact issue and fixed it just like you said. I hate too think of all the warranty money you guys lose because of poorly trained technicians that won’t even fix the problem when you tell them exactly what it is. Maybe Dynamax could start you own online service guide system for your rigs to help authorized dealers and customers not waste your money.
Oh, we are also wasting our time and your money redoing the tiles that Appleway “fixed’.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty