Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #1

% off MSRP for new

Back in the day, not really that far back though, 30-40% off MSRP could be achieved. Not on all brands but easily 20% even today. One of my considerations is also a Renegade and initial discussions with a dealer on one in stock was a whopping 3%, woo hoo. I realize inventory on the better and bigger models is low and a dealer has to make money somehow so if there are going to be very few all year, they have to stay in business. The model I'm considering is the Force 34KD.

On recent negotiations what kind of discount have people been seeing? Obviously except for anecdotal information, the discount in December 2019 isn't likely to happen until the economic crash, or slide, which is coming. Course when that happens, my trade or what I sell before buying will be worth less.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:55 AM   #2

My dealer in Texas advertises a 20% discount, at least that was the deal when I ordered my XL about 4 months ago. I have never been to my dealer as I did everything via email and a couple of phone calls.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
My dealer in Texas advertises a 20% discount, at least that was the deal when I ordered my XL about 4 months ago. I have never been to my dealer as I did everything via email and a couple of phone calls.
That's what they advertise. I wonder if other dealers are close to or match that.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #4

When a dealer sells an in-stock unit he has to consider how long it will take to get a new replacement. It seems that it could be about 1 year today. You would probably get a better discount if you just ordered a new one from the dealer an let it be built. When I got mine it was on the lot and got 25%. 4 years ago!

Check with the Dynamax national sales manager and he could tell you who has what on order without a retail customer. Then you could negotiate with the dealer for his already ordered unit that is in the pipeline.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
When a dealer sells an in-stock unit he has to consider how long it will take to get a new replacement. It seems that it could be about 1 year today. You would probably get a better discount if you just ordered a new one from the dealer an let it be built. When I got mine it was on the lot and got 25%. 4 years ago!

Check with the Dynamax national sales manager and he could tell you who has what on order without a retail customer. Then you could negotiate with the dealer for his already ordered unit that is in the pipeline.
Thanks that's what I'll do. I have a message out to him I sent this morning. Figure next week some time. There is a dealer up in MI I talked to who has a DX3 some time late summer and I think he said it could be changed to a Force. That's as far as that conversation went.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:04 PM   #6

Reading on other forums it looks like RV prices are up 20-30% across the board from jus a few months ago. People that have ordered new ones months back are get 20-30% add-on. I know in my area if you can get MSRP on a vehicle your getting a deal. A new Ford Super Duty is going for 8-10k over sticker, they call it “market value” and they are getting it.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:44 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduty glampers View Post
Reading on other forums it looks like RV prices are up 20-30% across the board from jus a few months ago. People that have ordered new ones months back are get 20-30% add-on. I know in my area if you can get MSRP on a vehicle your getting a deal. A new Ford Super Duty is going for 8-10k over sticker, they call it “market value” and they are getting it.
Yea, we bought the DW a new car, a 2022 Hyundai Kona N-Line. We got it for MSRP with $500 discount for doing their financing. We felt lucky since we were at a Nissan dealership that added an extra $2000 to the MSRP price, simply because they could.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:17 AM   #8

Bikendan, totally agree. just got a new 5'er. MSRP $59k. dealer selling for $38, 2021 model. said 2022 are going to be $72k. MSRP. Seeing that 1st 5'er for me i googled price/msrp. some had MSRP @ 75k. Yrs ago MSRP was close to same all around. but nowadays, MSRP is What price can we make it then discount it to make customer feel like they not getting screwed.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #9

According to a friend (who is a dealer) the Mfg will put what ever the dealer wants for MSRP on a rig sticker. I tend to believe him if it were not so all dealers would have the same Manufactures Suggested Retail Price listed. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
According to a friend (who is a dealer) the Mfg will put what ever the dealer wants for MSRP on a rig sticker. I tend to believe him if it were not so all dealers would have the same Manufactures Suggested Retail Price listed. JMHO
Sometimes you can get the build sheet and compare what the base and option $$ are between different coaches at different dealers. "Options" will change a posted price obviously and with rampant inflation we are experiencing, what you see today may not be what you see tomorrow. Some dealers I have contacted ignore a request for the build sheet. Lazydays is one of those.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:43 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:

Speaking as a rep for Dynamax, that is 100% not true. Options are different from unit to unit as well as when the order was placed (price increases). If you want a build sheet we’d be happy to get that to you. Just contact your sales rep: https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Wagsman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:49 AM   #12

Until RV dealers are required by law to post a Monroney label on a new RV, there is no such thing as MSRP.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #13

not trying to ruffle your feathers and you may be correct. Why would exact same rig with same options brought on to a lot at about the same time have different MSRP at different dealers? I'm not trying to prove anything just wondering. and to be clear I'm not singling out Dynamax or any other brand.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
not trying to ruffle your feathers and you may be correct. Why would exact same rig with same options brought on to a lot at about the same time have different MSRP at different dealers? I'm not trying to prove anything just wondering. and to to clear this up I'm not singling out Dynamax.

Freight is different from dealer to dealer and that is factored into the MSRP
Old 12-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #15
Commercial Member

% off MSRP for new

Also a unit may have been retail sold to a customer and then price protected (which we cannot do for 2022 models) and then the customer backed out for whatever reason. So therefore the price would also be different from a stock unit (subject to price increases throughout product). If something shady like manipulating the MSRP was going on I assure you they would no longer be a Dynamax dealer.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #16

Prices are so high I’m seriously considering selling my 2018 DX3. I love it but I’m a finance guy, and patient. I can wait a year for prices to settle.

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #17

I know the volume and shipping infrastructure is different, but it is odd that the RV industry has not gone to standardized "destination charge" like the auto industry. Even the powersports industry has standardized freight.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
I know the volume and shipping infrastructure is different, but it is odd that the RV industry has not gone to standardized "destination charge" like the auto industry. Even the powersports industry has standardized freight.
As I suggested earlier, why isnt the RV industry required to post a Monroney label? The destination charge is disclosed by law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker
Old 12-07-2021, 10:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
I'm guessing that the size and variety of transport modes involved may play a role in keeping this from happening.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
As I suggested earlier, why isnt the RV industry required to post a Monroney label? The destination charge is disclosed by law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker

Actually on each MSRP there is a disclaimer on the bottom that states: “DO NOT REMOVE UNTIL SOLD”. So that MSRP should be in every unit when it’s on a dealer’s lot.