Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
You can always eliminate the switch if you don't plan to use that setup. On the air bags I installed they say to keep a minimum of 10 psi in them. If you inflate them enough they will raise the rear up. They're intended to allow you to level it up if you load it heavy or add a lot of tongue weight with a heavy trailer, not so much to improve the ride.
Good info, thanks.

Reading up on what I have, it seems that the air bags and the compressor are not related to each other. The air compressor, its tank and brake actuator valve I think are part of an older Roadmaster towed braking system called the BrakeMaster. Originally intended for MHs with airbrakes it could be adapted to work with hydraulic braked units like mine with the addition of a small air compressor. The unit is described here half way down the page: LINKY. I don't think it was ever intended to be part of the air bag system, not that it can't be. I think with the addition of a tee like you mentioned, I will get more use out of the unit as an inflator not only for the suspension but other small items.

2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
So I have this new to me 2006 Isata 250 and I can't find out any information about the air suspension that was factory installed on it. For instance, what is this?

I know that's an air line quick connect, but why is it there when I have these

in front of each rear wheel opening?

I don't see an onboard compressor or air pressure guages anywhere.

I guess my questions are, what is the point of this system and how do I operate it?

TIA,
Eric
I have a 2005 254 Touring Sedan. Mine has Firestone air bags that are filled via an air fitting on each corresponding rear fender. They are manual, fill to aid rid while loaded. They can be filled between 5 and 100 lbs psi. Mine lift the rear end a couple of inches and really stiffen the ride.
touring2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring2 View Post
I have a 2005 254 Touring Sedan. Mine has Firestone air bags that are filled via an air fitting on each corresponding rear fender. They are manual, fill to aid rid while loaded. They can be filled between 5 and 100 lbs psi. Mine lift the rear end a couple of inches and really stiffen the ride.
Thanks for the info. I was curious as to who the manufacturer was. Your system sounds like mine.

2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension