Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #1

One seat belt at dinette?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466194100.411730.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	111385
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466194112.229734.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	111386

Is there really only supposed to be one seat belt for the dinette? I have two kids that both need to be in car seats. They have to face forward so anywhere else isn't an option.

2 RV Trips to date
19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
ablarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablarson View Post
Attachment 111385
Attachment 111386

Is there really only supposed to be one seat belt for the dinette? I have two kids that both need to be in car seats. They have to face forward so anywhere else isn't an option.

2 RV Trips to date
19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
C & P from the Web

Whether you have a Class A, Class C, or Class B RV, keep in mind that, manufacturers are ONLY required to comply to seat belt standards for the front passengers, not any rear occupants that may be traveling in the rig.

If you intend to carry children in your RV, always remember that child safety restraint systems should never be used in any rear-facing or bench-like seating.

Branson, MO
jeffseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffseay View Post
C & P from the Web

Whether you have a Class A, Class C, or Class B RV, keep in mind that, manufacturers are ONLY required to comply to seat belt standards for the front passengers, not any rear occupants that may be traveling in the rig.

If you intend to carry children in your RV, always remember that child safety restraint systems should never be used in any rear-facing or bench-like seating.

That's why I said anywhere else wasn't an option. I know they are not obligated, I was just surprised because my last two rentals not only had more room at the dinette allowing me to use my current car seats and not have to buy special slim versions, they also had two set of seatbelts, latch systems and rear tethers.

I fixed the problem for now. I removed the extensions and took both seat belts from the hid-a-bed and mounted them to the dinette bench.

2 RV Trips to date
19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
Old 09-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #4

Quote:
I fixed the problem for now. I removed the extensions and took both seat belts from the hid-a-bed and mounted them to the dinette bench.
How is this working for you? I have 3 in car seats and am also disappointed in the DX3 setup for this. I have tasked the wife with figuring this part out, but is there anything you have learned from this that might help us? Thanks!
Aim High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #5

It's working OK. I took both belts from the hide-a-bed because they are shorter, used grade 8 bolts and a few very large fender washers to increase surface area. I also removed the springs from the seats and cut 3/4" birch for the base to stiffen them up. There is so much foam there they tend to be tippy so I bolted a U bracket to the top of the seat back that I attached the rear tether to. They car seat back started to wear through the pleather covering on the window shade so I had to fold over some micro fiber towels between the car seat back and window cover.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
Old 09-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #6

Quote:
It's working OK. I took both belts from the hide-a-bed because they are shorter, used grade 8 bolts and a few very large fender washers to increase surface area. I also removed the springs from the seats and cut 3/4" birch for the base to stiffen them up. There is so much foam there they tend to be tippy so I bolted a U bracket to the top of the seat back that I attached the rear tether to. They car seat back started to wear through the pleather covering on the window shade so I had to fold over some micro fiber towels between the car seat back and window cover.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
Thanks! Did that really firm up the seat? I was thinking maybe it needed a firmer cushion, but if what you did works, that's great. I am hoping Dynamax can help me out here because I am not so handy and I think this is a design flaw that should warrant factory involvement.

Do you think you could take some photos of the tether anchors you made? No rush and thanks again!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. We are always monitoring this kind of feedback to improve our product for the future.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote