Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #1

Opinion on steering stabilizer? (M2)

For those that have had a steering stabilizer installed on their M2, was it worth it? Was it a safe T plus or some other brand? What model number and bracket did you use? Did you install it yourself?

We are considering installing one on our 2021 DX3. Thanks.
steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #2

I have a Safe-T-Plus, love it, and would never have another large truck without one. I called Safe-T-Plus and they gave me the part numbers. I would give them a buzz, to make sure the parts have not changed, I installed mine in 2018. It is pretty easy to install, then it takes a few trips on the road to get it adjusted properly. They will install it too, if you can get to their shop outside of Atlanta.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:54 PM   #3

Absolutely worth it. I got mine at a local factory authorized shop, and they installed and adjusted it. Cost a bit more than doing it myself, but I know it’s done right.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #4

For those who have already installed one....

How do you describe the change to your RV by using the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer? I have also read others who comment they could not really tell any difference.
richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:40 AM   #5

Of course, this is very subjective. Mine has been on less than a month, and my first reaction when driving home was that the front end seemed a little tighter, but not so much that it was harder to steer. On two recent 400 mile trips, I found that there was less wandering over the road, and that transition over different road heights (like in construction zones) was easier.
For me, the biggest advantage is that I feel that I am safer in the event of a blow out of a front tire.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Canyon View Post
Of course, this is very subjective. Mine has been on less than a month, and my first reaction when driving home was that the front end seemed a little tighter, but not so much that it was harder to steer. On two recent 400 mile trips, I found that there was less wandering over the road, and that transition over different road heights (like in construction zones) was easier.
For me, the biggest advantage is that I feel that I am safer in the event of a blow out of a front tire.
Been there..done that. I found how valuable the Safe-T-Plus is when my right front tire picked up a big nail and then failed big time. I’m not familiar with the handling of the M2 but a blowout on the Ford E450 was just a big inconvenience with the stab doing its job.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #7

I installed one on mine. Easy installation. I had to adjust a couple time after installation to to help it not pull to the right on crowned roads. It also helped with rutted roads keeping it from following the ruts. Steering feel is much tighter. I wouldn’t hesitate installing one.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #8

Steering stabilizer

Agree with what is said here. I had a no-fooling, for-real, honest-to-God, blowout of the right front tire on my 95 American Eagle 40VF (long since sold) . I was on a narrow back road just south of North Bay, Ontario, Canada. The Safe-T kept me going straight,with some help from me. I was going a bit fast but not overly so. The issue was the narrow road, minuscule shoulder and speed. I stayed on the road and luckily found a pull-off just ahead of the blowout point. Without the stabilizer I am sure I would have been in the trees. Buy it, get it installed…it works!
Jetjockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #9

Steering Stabalizer

Installed on my 2016 Sunseeker Chevy Chassis. Big improvement. Steering wheel returns to center after turning. Way more stable and easier to drive. Then I installed Bilisteen shocks. That made some differance as well. Later I added Roadmaster Sway Bars. That made just as much differance as the stabalizer. Don't get blown off the road when trucks go by anymore. My MH handles better than my Jeep Wrangler now! A few thousand dollors for safety is worth every penny. Our 3 yr old grand daughter rides with us.
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:11 AM   #10

E-450

I installed a Safety Plus Steering stabilizer on my E-450. It is very easy to install. I got lucky, after installing The steering stabilizer, the steering tracking was perfect. According to many YouTube videos it’s a trial and error process to get the steering straight after installing which is not a big deal. What a tremendous difference in steering. The motorhome no longer wanders all over the road on the highway. I’m amazed that Ford doesn’t supply the E-450 with this right out of the factory. I strongly endorse the Safety Plus steering stabilizer, I’m sure you would get the same results with a Roadmaster stabilizer.
Gllo1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #11

installed steering stabilizer on my FR3 and really felt the difference in handling, I then installed front and rear antisway bars and can now cruise along comfortably with one hand on the wheel. Steering stabilizer also gives you the added comfort of knowing if you have a blowout it will help in bringing you to a safe stop.

Not sure of your units handling characteristics but I can guarantee you will notice a difference for sure.

I installed the Roadmaster Reflex Stabilizer.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by richer View Post
For those who have already installed one....

How do you describe the change to your RV by using the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer? I have also read others who comment they could not really tell any difference.
For me, I went from white knuckles when any thing bigger than a Honda passed me to a relatively relaxing drive.

I am sure that some of that terror, was alignment and when I get that done, I expect perfection.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:20 AM   #13

Thanks to everyone for their positive answers. And not a single negative comment, impressive!

I have ordered a Sate-T-Plus for my DX3. Once installed I will let you know how it helped.
richer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #14

Installed the Safe T Plus on our M2 112. Definitely feel the hold to center in wind and grooved roads. Wheel also returns to center when releasing the wheel.
Wouldn’t have an RV without one.

Next step is installing a set of Donvel steering axle air bags. Adjustable and should improve ride and reduce away.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:20 PM   #15
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Installed the Safe T Plus on our M2 112. Definitely feel the hold to center in wind and grooved roads. Wheel also returns to center when releasing the wheel.
Wouldn’t have an RV without one.

Next step is installing a set of Donvel steering axle air bags. Adjustable and should improve ride and reduce away.
Ed, I plan to order the Donvel system next week, looking forward to see what the difference is going to be like.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:27 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richer View Post
Thanks to everyone for their positive answers. And not a single negative comment, impressive!

I have ordered a Sate-T-Plus for my DX3. Once installed I will let you know how it helped.
lol, that is impressive (unlike the "who's going to Hershey" thread...glad they were able to resist on this one) So impressive, I already called my local supplier about them. With the positive responses...we'll see if it is a worthy option or standard for 2023MY.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol, that is impressive (unlike the "who's going to Hershey" thread...glad they were able to resist on this one) So impressive, I already called my local supplier about them. With the positive responses...we'll see if it is a worthy option or standard for 2023MY.
Brian, if you need a rig to practice on, please consider mine as it comes down the assembly line in 2022.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Ed, I plan to order the Donvel system next week, looking forward to see what the difference is going to be like.
Received the Donvel system. Will install in the next few weeks and report back on the ride.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
Brian, if you need a rig to practice on, please consider mine as it comes down the assembly line in 2022.
I was all on board until I saw the installation process. It is very much a "personal preference" or trial and error. I can see customer complaints wanting to keep changing that when so many other things might be at play.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I was all on board until I saw the installation process. It is very much a "personal preference" or trial and error. I can see customer complaints wanting to keep changing that when so many other things might be at play.
Then feel free to drive the rig around with your family. You know, do a little camping vacation to make sure everything is perfect. My 2000 21' Stealth Ultra Wakeboard boat was actually taken by the builder, John West and he did a photo shoot with a helicopter using my boat. I still have a few of those Hot Boat Magazines.

Tags
stabilizer