Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2022, 10:12 AM   #1
Steve & Linda M.

Our New Force .. Review and observations

We picked up our new Force last week Thursday, Aug. 25th, 2022.

Attached is a file with our Dealer (McVee RV, in Perry, Ia.) and Coach review and observations.

Problem Overview (only one stumble) :
1) one paint flaw
2) problem with deploying bedroom slide
3) Firefly Mira App is confused with what a Force is and what a DX3 is not.

I'll intend to update the file, as we progress along.

Attached Files
File Type: docx Dynamax Force Delivery.docx (16.2 KB, 164 views)
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Another RV learning experience with our 2022 34KD Force.
2019 Jeep KL (Cherokee) TOAD
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post
We picked up our new Force last week Thursday, Aug. 25th, 2022.

Attached is a file with our Dealer (McVee RV, in Perry, Ia.) and Coach review and observations.

Problem Overview (only one stumble) :
1) one paint flaw
2) problem with deploying bedroom slide
3) Firefly Mira App is confused with what a Force is and what a DX3 is not.

I'll intend to update the file, as we progress along.

Are you positive it's a 3.5" hitch, and not a 3" hitch?

Edit: Just received clarification from our sales rep, it's a 3" receiver. Thanks Mr. Wagner.
-Demco Air Force One
-Remco 2pc Drive Shaft w/Disconnect
-Blue-Ox Avail Tow Bar and Baseplate
NewToTheForce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:45 AM   #3
Steve & Linda M.

Not positive. I was informed it was a 3 1/2" hitch.

I tried to be prepared for what I anticipated to be my "conversions" from old Class A to the Super C. I missed the hitch difference completely.

The Dynamax Chassis section states " Trailer Hitch (20,000 Tow lbs. /2,000 Tongue lbs.) with 7-Way Round Tow Connection " https://dynamaxcorp.com/class-c-motorhomes/force
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:36 AM   #4

It is a 3” hitch. You can buy a reducer sleeve to take it from 3” to 2”. Nice product and great customer service. Just installed one on our 2021 XL.

https://www.moonlightdiesel.com/prod...ter-6-7l-11-17
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:21 AM   #5
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
It is a 3” hitch. You can buy a reducer sleeve to take it from 3” to 2”. Nice product and great customer service. Just installed one on our 2021 XL.

https://www.moonlightdiesel.com/prod...ter-6-7l-11-17
Yes, thanks, I did at the dealership. As noted in my attachment, the problem wasn't the adapter but the pin.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:29 AM   #6
Steve & Linda M.

MoJoe10031

Do you know the pin dia and length ?

Thanks, in advance.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:37 AM   #7

3/4” diameter, 3-7/8” span. https://genyhitch.com/product/infini...ble-hitch-pin/
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:31 PM   #8
Commercial Member

If the coach is listing the Aquahot....then likely, the wrong floor plan was selected.

If you press and hold the floor plan text (under the settings screen as I recall), then it brings up an option menu to choose a different floor plan and/or options. It may have had the wrong floor plan (Unless it says FRC...then it is right).

As for the Truma, we do not control the Truma from the Firefly app as they have not opened up their data architecture to Firefly as of this time.

It is only controlled from the physcial switch ON the Truma. UP is Eco, Down is Comfort, Middle is Off.

As has been mentioned, while there is a rotary switch for the Truma (inside control) we DO NOT install it. We had far to many failures on this switch and it was not "typical" Truma quality.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #9

Steve, what is the width of your garage door, 10 or 12 feet?
-Demco Air Force One
-Remco 2pc Drive Shaft w/Disconnect
-Blue-Ox Avail Tow Bar and Baseplate
NewToTheForce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #10
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If the coach is listing the Aquahot....then likely, the wrong floor plan was selected.

If you press and hold the floor plan text (under the settings screen as I recall), then it brings up an option menu to choose a different floor plan and/or options. It may have had the wrong floor plan (Unless it says FRC...then it is right).

As for the Truma, we do not control the Truma from the Firefly app as they have not opened up their data architecture to Firefly as of this time.

It is only controlled from the physcial switch ON the Truma. UP is Eco, Down is Comfort, Middle is Off.

As has been mentioned, while there is a rotary switch for the Truma (inside control) we DO NOT install it. We had far to many failures on this switch and it was not "typical" Truma quality.
Thanks Brian !

The actual FireFly Touchscreen has the correct Model & Floor Plan. Force 34KD. But when the Mira linked up it showed the DX3 as the model and no floorplan. I believe the issue is with the Mira App. At present it's not really an advantage to have the app. I'll check if I can change the Model and Floor Plan in the Mira.

I was wondering about the rotary switch, had it on our Class A, that we had the Truma retrofitted to. The system is supposed to be descaled at some interval. I haven't looked into the manual, yet. to see how that is implemented in the Force, with respect to the notification and initiating the cycle.
Old 08-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #11
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToTheForce View Post
Steve, what is the width of your garage door, 10 or 12 feet?
Garage Door is 12' Wide & 13'3" tall. I thought it was surprisingly easy to pull into the garage. I just had my son on a ladder making sure there was enough clearance. They haven't installed the garage door opener when they did the door install. But I'm going to make sure they have the door pull back to clear the curve in the rails in order to maximize clearance. Right now, it has some room for improvement.

Still need to get someone out to pave in front of the garage in order to accommodate a longer coach. Right now, I end up dipping the front end in the grass. Won't be a pretty sight in spring. As with every other thing in the past few years, it's difficult to find a contractors.
Old 08-30-2022, 04:12 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post
Thanks Brian !

The actual FireFly Touchscreen has the correct Model & Floor Plan. Force 34KD. But when the Mira linked up it showed the DX3 as the model and no floorplan. I believe the issue is with the Mira App. At present it's not really an advantage to have the app. I'll check if I can change the Model and Floor Plan in the Mira.

I was wondering about the rotary switch, had it on our Class A, that we had the Truma retrofitted to. The system is supposed to be descaled at some interval. I haven't looked into the manual, yet. to see how that is implemented in the Force, with respect to the notification and initiating the cycle.
Ah, so its just the app. I would try removing the app completely and then reinstalling.

As for the Truma, you should find the rotary control shipped loose somewhere in your packaging. We may put it in the black bag. You can then just plug it when you need to start the decalcification process.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:49 AM   #13
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Ah, so its just the app. I would try removing the app completely and then reinstalling.

As for the Truma, you should find the rotary control shipped loose somewhere in your packaging. We may put it in the black bag. You can then just plug it when you need to start the decalcification process.
Removed the MIRA App and reinstalled it. Also, used a tablet and installed it there. Results are the same. I'll try contacting Firefly Integration to see what they say.

A little additional info.
1) When Syncing the message "Download Failed" verify Internet Connectivity. All the time the device (phone or tablet) are connected to the Internet.
This does not stop the App from loading, even if partially. Some of the selections contain data, but not all. App shows the RV as having AquaHot, for example. Other functions are active but the labeling doesn't necessarily match that on the touch panel. Other main headings are displayed but there are no controls. It does show the front Thermistor as blank.
2) The Make comes up as "FORCE HD". The Model Field is blank.

To me, it appears that, for whatever reason, the App never completes the Sync function.

I'll contact the Dynamax Service Representative (JJustis) about a few issues that I may need addressing.
No Truma controller but will be doing a deeper dive into any places we still may not have looked.
And a replacement Thermistor. Is there a procedure to isolate the existing Thermistor as the problem? For example, swapping out the Front and Rear Thermistors and seeing if the problem follows the Thermistor.
Old 09-01-2022, 05:59 AM   #14
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Just FYI !
In case anyone else uses the BOLT Lock, as I do : https://genyhitch.com/product/replac...lt-hitch-lock/ works with that system.
The pin is available in both 5/8" or 3/4" pins. Lengths of up to 5", depending on pin dia.

GenYHitch is located in NW Indiana.

The BOLT Lock allows you to use a vehicle key to unlock the pin eliminating the need for carrying a multitude of keys.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:13 AM   #15

What key manufacturer did you pick since Freightliner isnt an option? Did you have it keyed to your towed vehicle?
Old 09-01-2022, 09:49 AM   #16
Commercial Member

OK, well, we figured this out.

The 34KD Force App is not done yet. We were having issues with one and when I called in, its because the app has not been completed. It takes a while to get the app done once we get all the sign offs. While we had the 34KD for the DX3 and XL....the Force was the last 34KD to change over to Firefly. Two weeks, we should have the app up and running properly. (currently it is just getting the framework from the DX3)

Old 09-01-2022, 01:35 PM   #17
Steve & Linda M.

Thanks Brian. Expalins a lot.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:36 PM   #18
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
What key manufacturer did you pick since Freightliner isnt an option? Did you have it keyed to your towed vehicle?
Our Toad is a Jeep KL (Cherokee, not Grand).
Old 09-01-2022, 02:40 PM   #19

ok, so you have the bolt lock keyed to the Jeep, makes sense.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #20
Steve & Linda M.

The Jeep key for us, was the easiest solution and makes sense, as far as I'm concerned. We have to have the Jeep Key on hand anyway, when hitching it up or disconnecting.