Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2022, 07:17 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post
Yes, the "chain" does disconnect from its adjacent link(s). It also pulled the same black plastic end bracket, almost completely, out of the 2 screws on the slide.

I had to hand feed the harness and chain into the slot under the slide. Not exactly fun while sitting on the ground.

Any chance that I can get whatever replacement you are considering, installed ?

ECN, reminds me of my days back at Motorola. We had the same nomenclature.
Possibly...if you reach out to service, I gave them a link to this thread so they are away.

I vaguely recall that the new E-chain might be oriented differently (on edge, vs. on flat) but I don't know for sure.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:26 AM   #42
Steve & Linda M.

Thanks again, Brian.

I just called J Justis and left a voice mail. Hopefully, I'll hear back from him as emails and contact via the Dynamax website haven't worked.

Here's hoping !
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Another RV learning experience with our 2022 34KD Force.
2019 Jeep KL (Cherokee) TOAD
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:28 AM   #43

Radial pull can usually be verified by swapping the fronts. If it's radial pull it should pull the opposite direction.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
Radial pull can usually be verified by swapping the fronts. If it's radial pull it should pull the opposite direction.
Correct.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #45
Steve & Linda M.

Not likely that "radial pull" had anything to do with our situation. Tires have just over 1 kmiles on them. Remember that the topic is about a New Force. I just brought it home from Freightliner. They adjusted the front end and commented that the pull was related to the install of the SafeTPlus. It took an extra day only because it was so windy around South Bend, yesterday. They couldn't evaluate what effect the adjustment had on the steering. As others have said, ... the SafeTPlus steering damper often needs post install adjustment after driving with it for some miles. Ours now has about 500 miles on it since we picked it up.
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Old 09-24-2022, 05:38 AM   #46
Steve & Linda M.

With respect to the slide chain issue.

I don't know how long it will take to hear from Service. As a result, the main question I would have .... Does the chain need to flex vertically at the joint between the 2 segments of the chain, when it is either being extended or retracted ?
If I temporarily brace the chain at that joint, so that it stops the chain from snapping between the segments or sections, will it cause problems with either extension or retraction ? Temporarily would be until Service can resolve the problem.

What I have in mind is short segments of a Delrin, or similar type material, that would be taped to the chain using Gaffer tape.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:26 AM   #47

Quote:
Not likely that "radial pull" had anything to do with our situation. Tires have just over 1 kmiles on them. Remember that the topic is about a New Force. I just brought it home from Freightliner. They adjusted the front end and commented that the pull was related to the install of the SafeTPlus. It took an extra day only because it was so windy around South Bend, yesterday. They couldn't evaluate what effect the adjustment had on the steering. As others have said, ... the SafeTPlus steering damper often needs post install adjustment after driving with it for some miles. Ours now has about 500 miles on it since we picked it up.
So the pull started after the install of the SafeTPlus?
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 08:52 AM   #48

Quote:

Sounds like you've got a handle on it, but just want to point out that radial pull happens with new tires, unlike a slipped belt, or broken cord.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #49
Steve & Linda M.

There is a separate thread talking about the Wireless Switch Panel. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...reply&t=256972

I updated it with our 3 switch panel that also causes a fault on the Firefly touch panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220924_111800.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	279633  
Old 09-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think we just changed suppliers on the E-chain (that black chain). Our guys were complaining about the same thing...we have been using them for a while now, but something during Covid changed. They were snapping out of the links...might want to reach out to service on that.

Mike Snead the plant manager is the one that was complaining about it. I just signed the ECN (Engineering Change Notice) changing suppliers a couple of weeks ago.
Brian, do you have a rough date that the chains will have been swapped for the newer? Ours should be shipping fairly soon, so it sounds like it will have the old, but wanted to double check. Also, if it does ship with the old, what is the recommendation moving forward - Is this something we can schedule with Dynamax in the near future to have swapped?
-Demco Air Force One
-Remco 2pc Drive Shaft w/Disconnect
-Blue-Ox Avail Tow Bar and Baseplate
NewToTheForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #51
Steve & Linda M.

Called Jamie Justis (Factory Service Rep. - East) before 9AM on Monday 9/25/'22.

We discussed the slide wiring harness chain issue. He asked that I send an email with VIN# and picture of the harness pinched between the coach and slide. Sent email at 10AM.

So far, no acknowledgement of receipt of the email, or any other communication. It would help to know that Factory Service is interested in the issue and when they anticipate that something can be done about it.

If I have to wait for a resolution, I'll work on my own temporary fix. Haven't heard any feedback on that suggestion, either. See post #46 above.

Correction : call was on 9/26/'22 @ 9:40 AM. Had the correct day, wrong date.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:45 PM   #52

All of the factories are at dealer days this week, happens every year. Be patient they get a lot of calls and will get back to you after the show.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:39 AM   #53
Steve & Linda M.

I've been patient. Hearing be patient for over 2 weeks, not specifically to this item.

I guess automated "Out of Office" messages, are not available to Service people. That would have gone a long way to explain the lack of a response.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:32 PM   #54
Steve & Linda M.

Jamie Justis called around 10 AM. I have an appointment on Tuesday 10/4/'22 @ 8 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #55
Steve & Linda M.

(2022 34KD) Dynamax Force Delivery and Beyond

Updated file : attached

Kudos to Jamie Justis. Per discussion when setting up the Service appointment the anticipation was that it would take a couple of days.

We dropped it off this morning and about 4 or 5 hours later received a call that it was ready !

Link to Splendide Washer Winterization procedure, posted by Brian Clemens. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-221339-2.html
Attached Files
File Type: docx Dynamax Force Delivery and Beyond.docx (1.85 MB, 22 views)
Old 10-12-2022, 01:08 AM   #56
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
There is a separate thread talking about the Wireless Switch Panel. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...reply&t=256972

I updated it with our 3 switch panel that also causes a fault on the Firefly touch panel.
Relocated the switch panel to the left wall above the Sani-Con winterization label (about 6" away from the opening to the outside). Attached with 3M VHB tape.

Works great in that location. Put a rubber mat between the port hatch and the right wall. Temporarily I'm keeping the hose and head of the macerator drain assembly held in place with a velcro strap. It's what I had handy.

Also relocated much of the wiring spaghetti to a more elevated position, to keep wires and terminations out of potential spills.

I'll post some pics, if I remember, at a later date. Leaving on our UPper trip, today.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:46 AM   #57
Steve & Linda M.

2022 FORCE (but not HD) Vega Mira App has been updated

2022 FORCE (but not HD) Vega Mira App has been updated !

And it works !
Old 10-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #58
Commercial Member

Quote:
2022 FORCE (but not HD) Vega Mira App has been updated !

And it works !
There is no such thing as a Force HD anymore. We dropped the HD for 2022, since there was no other engine option.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #59
Steve & Linda M.

Started separate post for Firefly Lighting schemes. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...es-257981.html
Old 10-19-2022, 08:08 AM   #60
Steve & Linda M.

18' Slide topper issues

Posted this issue here :

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2794587

"We are in Petoskey, Michigan. Since Sunday, till today, it has been Raining and Windy. Rain has been intermittent, often just drizzle and then again harder rain. Wind has been a rather steady mid-teens and gusting well over 30 mph.

Monday we started hearing something slamming into the slide. We retracted the slide when we saw the topper was billowing over the slide.
It has been retracted since then.

For the past several days the topper was still hitting the coach, depending on how strong the gusts were. This is with the slide retracted. The topper had rolled up irregularly.

I'm hoping to extend the slide to see if it will roll up correctly.

Another item that needs addressing under warranty."