Old 09-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #1

Outside TV HDMI

Just got my new DX3 and my inside TV's work great through the matrix, however my outside TV shows no inputs available. I took the TV off the wall and there is no HDMI cable going to it, only 1 yellow RCA cable, the inside tvs have an HDMI. Is the outside supposed to have one and if so how do I route it from the matrix box?
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #2

Yes, it should. Look in the cavity behind the TV and see if the HDMI cable is laying in there. May just not have gotten plugged in.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneviper View Post
Just got my new DX3 and my inside TV's work great through the matrix, however my outside TV shows no inputs available. I took the TV off the wall and there is no HDMI cable going to it, only 1 yellow RCA cable, the inside tvs have an HDMI. Is the outside supposed to have one and if so how do I route it from the matrix box?
Having the floorpan info model would be helpfull. Anyway, On a 37TS you can get to the internal wiring for the outside TV behind the kitchen drawers. May want to check in there. Some of the newer units have CAT6 converted hdmi. Make sure the converter has power if that is the case.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #4

Sorry, it is a 2021 37RB. I looked in the cavity behind it and do not see it.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:40 AM   #5

Are there 3 HDMI cables coming out of the matrix?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #6

I have a 2019 37RB. Yes, there should be an HDMI cable fed to the TV. You may need to remove the speakers and look around for a loose HDMI cable. The yellow RCA cable you see is the video feed from the stereo/DVD player. This is the composite video feed if you decide to use the Stereo to play a DVD outside. If your 2021 is like my 2019, there may also be a large rectangular hole where you can look into the back of the frame to search for the cable without removing the speakers. However, the speakers are easy to remove and mean old mr gravity will likely have it laying on the floor. Of course there is a chance the factory didn't get that HDMI cable installed. I think that is a low probability since the cable harnesses are likely subassemblies and not individual cables when they are installed. I'm sure BC could also offer some advise.

Btw, would have been good to check this feature out during your PDI. I can understand if you didn't. Lots of stuff to check.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #7

Found it, took the tv off and looked beneath the sink. Had the wife use her tiny hands to reach way back in there and find it, all works now. Question to hook up a satellite box, which coax do I use there are 3 in the cabinet 1 blue and 2 black.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #8

Yes
Old 09-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #9
Motorized GM

Should be some marking on them....1-2 or M-2. (main-secondary). Not sure why there is a 3rd one.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #10

I have three as well. They were not marked. Used trial and error to see which ones worked with the Sat receiver (s). I have use two Wally (DISH) receivers. Have no clue what the third one supports. I figure it could be tied to the cable in outside port in case you need a digital receiver to get the cable feed. I never use the park cable so haven't tried it.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 09-27-2020, 06:46 PM   #11
Motorized GM

Sorry. Nevermind, I do know what the 3rd one is for.

Some people complained that the new portable dishes (carry out) can’t get power from the receiver unless there is a direct connection. So the blue one is likely a homerun from the utility compartment. So there is a “cable” port and now a dedicated “sat” port.

So that was a pretty new change for the 0.2% of the people that felt like we were misleading when the default connection said “cable/sat”
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #12

Thanks BC. Good to know. Much appreciated.
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 09-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #13

Thanks for all of the help.