Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
To be clear...the battery warmer was not a factory device. The lithium that we use have warmers built into the battery and are temperature controlled.

Your batteries were a customer/dealer add-on.
Brian, If I'm not mistaken, you use the relion batteries, correct? If so they don't draw power from the battery to heat it up for charging, they draw from the charger then allow charging like my lifeblue battery. Just clarifying for the OP.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
Brian, If I'm not mistaken, you use the relion batteries, correct? If so they don't draw power from the battery to heat it up for charging, they draw from the charger then allow charging like my lifeblue battery. Just clarifying for the OP.
Correct...my primary point was that the ones that we use have the heater system built in and are thermostatically controlled by the BMS so they would not be drawing the battery down. I was more replying to Racerx335 that said his battery warmer was a draw.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:51 PM   #23
AF CMSGT RET

1 problem

okay I just know this is like a dumb question but some one please describe or show picture of the inverter off and on switch.
one power drain would also be those darn little green lights on the usb ports and the red off lights on the tvs ?? any ideas about turning the off
another I noticed on my last rip was lying in bed and in the dark of night there is a light in the AC ?? At first I thought it was outside ambient light , no way at midnight dark thirty was it outside lite. < So any suggestions ?
pickeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:16 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickeljr View Post
okay I just know this is like a dumb question but some one please describe or show picture of the inverter off and on switch.
one power drain would also be those darn little green lights on the usb ports and the red off lights on the tvs ?? any ideas about turning the off
another I noticed on my last rip was lying in bed and in the dark of night there is a light in the AC ?? At first I thought it was outside ambient light , no way at midnight dark thirty was it outside lite. < So any suggestions ?
1. We had talked about getting USB's without the green light, but they draw so very little...and they are a clear indicator that you have power.

2. Inverter....what inverter do you have? Magnum or Xantrex? Precision Plex or Firefly. Inverter control is different based on those answers.

3. Red lights is a TV thing...but, with the inverter OFF the TV lights would not be on.

4. There is a green light in the A/C...no idea what that is.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #25
AF CMSGT RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. We had talked about getting USB's without the green light, but they draw so very little...and they are a clear indicator that you have power.

2. Inverter....what inverter do you have? Magnum or Xantrex? Precision Plex or Firefly. Inverter control is different based on those answers.

3. Red lights is a TV thing...but, with the inverter OFF the TV lights would not be on.

4. There is a green light in the A/C...no idea what that is.
(2) I have a Magnum build sheet says model # MS2812 . The manual doesnt tell me where it is on this coach or off and on switch. I'm also assuming from the manual that if I turn of the Inverter that my batteries will not charge ???? As I said before I'm not a mental giant when it comes to electricity, so I need help here plz
Old 08-28-2020, 10:54 PM   #26
AF CMSGT RET

(2) I have a Magnum build sheet says model # MS2812 . The manual doesnt tell me where it is on this coach or off and on switch. I'm also assuming from the manual that if I turn of the Inverter that my batteries will not charge ???? As I said before I'm not a mental giant when it comes to electricity, so I need help here plz
Old 08-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickeljr View Post
Inverter and charger are two separate items. If you don’t have a magnum control panel, then you likely have the Firefly multiplex. Invert has n/off is on the touch panel or app.

If you are not plugged in, gen running or engine running it won’t charge of course. If you are gen running or plugged in, then you don’t need an inverter. The inverter will read “pass through” with no in or off button because you don’t need it. Once you unplug, the inverter icon on the screen will day OFF. Press that and it will change to ON.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #28
Norwood Auto Italia

Inverter parasitic drain

My experience of Xantrex and Outback is that even when OFF, inverters draw up to 50W from the batteries. They need battery power to turn ON so their hard wire connection is always live.

Born Free installed a 30 AMP switch into the Inverter power line from the battery set to overcome this but still recommended that this switch be turned OFF even when the 12V battery OFF switch was used because the Inverter is wired upstream from that switch.

What is the Isata 28SS wiring set up for the Inverter/Charger relative to the batteries?
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain