Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #21
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

RVs rely heavily on care and maintenance to ensure a long life.

Items to check on a used motorhome or a late model (left over, demos, etc.) new motorhome.

1. Exterior SEALANT. I can not stress this one enough. Sealant is one of the most important maintenance items and is commonly ignored. You can likely request the sealant to be inspected and touched up as needed as part of the sale.

2. Have a pressure test performed on the fresh water system. A failed test may indicate a plumbing leak. It may be minor and easily repaired leak but left unchecked over time it could possibly be substantially damaging and expensive to repair.

3. Just take your time. This goes for all new and used RVs. When spending this kind of money make sure all of your questions are answered. If you are shown how to do something and didn't quite get it ask for them to show you again. Don't be in a hurry to get the RV home. Make sure you are comfortable with it before you leave the lot.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #22

Thx everyone replies. We got her home, it drove awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD6F13F1-25EA-4CD3-8CCA-FB1496D79898.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	243452  
nomadrvjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #23

Remember most rv warranties are for original owners only.do not,,do not sign until you have diligently pdi,d got in writing any extended and or implied or ,Anything promised by dealer. No going back to manufacture and crying foul later. Just wondering cause it's a 2018.
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #24

You've received lots of good advice. The dealership will be anxious to get your money and may allocate you a (short) period of time for your PDI. Don't accept that, tell them to leave you alone while you do your thing if they don't have additional time. You will be anxious to be on your way, don't accept that either. Plan to spend the entire day and come back tomorrow if necessary. Once they have your money, you will be looking at weeks or more to get any service for warranty items. Weve been waiting since July for a broken light globe, others have serious wait times for items which make their units non-functional.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Go into it with the proper attitude. This is a business deal for the dealer and it should be for you at least until you get it home. Have the dealer demo everything and don't accept "it is already winterized so we can't demo the water system". Ask for a ladder to look at the roof. Be prepared to leave without the unit if you find anything you don't want to fix yourself. The RV business is currently busier than it has ever been. Don't accept take it and bring it back later or in spring and we will fix it. It could sit on dealer's lot for months waiting for repair. Once you sign paperwork they have no motivation to expedite a fix. If you find small items after getting it home fix them if you can and enjoy your new purchase.
This is spot on, heed these words!
Old 11-30-2020, 08:56 PM   #26
Blacked Out DynaQuest XL

Like others have stated, I too highly recommend video taping the walk through of how to operate all the equipment and gadgets. Unless you have previous experience with other Dynamax’s (or something very similar), there is a LOT of info to go through and you will forget things 3 months, 6 months, or a year down the road (unless you are planning to live in it and use it full-time).

I highly encourage you to take notes along with the video taping to get very familiar with:
1) the circuit breaker panel and fuse box
2) operation of the Aquahot system (especially if you do not have a built in propane tank)
3) heating and AC systems
4) septic system
5) fresh water and gray water systems
6) ALL the rocker switches (in the coach and in the driver’s cabin)
7) the solar system
8) Xantrax control panel
9) battery systems for the coach and the chassis
10) requirements for maintaining all the batteries
11) slide-out operations
12) auto leveling system

It sounds like I am listing everything, but these are all things you will want to be very familiar with. Things will go wrong. That is certain.

For example, Dynamax installs relatively cheap house batteries in these beasts, enough to get you by for a couple years. You will likely be replacing or upgrading the batteries sooner than you think.

Go through EVERYTHING operationally with a fine tooth comb (including fit and finishes of the interior and exterior, and make a list of EVERYTHING you want your dealer and/or manufacturer to address before (and after) you drive it off their lot.

As fast as they are building these beasts, the quality is really not what you would expect for how much we pay for these RVs. It is sad, but it’s the way it is (you can find lots of threads on this topic). You may even want to browse through some of the other threads on “quality” on the Dynamax RVs before you do your PDI, so you are more prepared for what to look for.

I have a Dynaquest XL and while I have only had it for approx 6 months, I love it, but I can tell you from my personal experience that I am not at all impressed with their quality. I own 8 vehicles and the quality on passenger cars (and trucks) is soooo much better. Do I think other manufacturers are better? Probably not, unless you are willing to spend $750k and up. Even then, a couple of friends who own high-end Class A’s will tell you they are not too impressed with the quality either.

So my key point is nit-pick everything and make a list and ask your dealer to fix everything. Try not to let them negotiate what they are able to fix. If they ask to put off some of the repairs, ask to get it in writing.

One last thing, bring two people with you for your PDI. One to video tape, one to take really great legible notes, one to just listen intently.

Good luck and enjoy your DX3!
Just Add Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:43 PM   #27

Dynamic/PDI

My husband and I have purchased two units at Cheyenne Camping World in Walcott, Iowa. Their service is wonderful! I hope that's where you're headed. They will spend as much time as you want helping you to get to know your unit. They will give you a full inside/outside walk-thru. I do agree that you should try to come with your questions. There are lots of pre-purchase checklists out there to get you started.
Connie Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:58 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Grace View Post
My husband and I have purchased two units at Cheyenne Camping World in Walcott, Iowa. Their service is wonderful! I hope that's where you're headed. They will spend as much time as you want helping you to get to know your unit. They will give you a full inside/outside walk-thru. I do agree that you should try to come with your questions. There are lots of pre-purchase checklists out there to get you started.
The OP is asking about purchasing a Dynamax motorhome and posted this in the Dynamax sub-forum of the Motorhomes section.
Cheyenne Camping Center only sells trailers and truck campers. No Motorhomes and no Dynamax.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #29

A few things that aren't in most PDIs. Ask for the VIN ahead of pickup do a search on NHTSA and others fir any recalls and they have some then check to see if your new Rig has been done. Next, being used you can do an RVFax one site is RVchecks.com. cost maybe $25 but its worth it. Most people never think of doing it for an RV. Lastly, I agree make the dealer run everything including the plumbing. Look for leaks under the sinks and RV. Fill the tanks up some and drain them. I heard more than one person on new and used had leaky black/gray water tank valves leaking and even tanks. Plug into every outlet whether its 12v or 110v. Check under and around see if there's leaks there but before starting them up check fluid levels on the engine and generator as well as the leveling system. Look at all the batteries and how clean they are, to my that and how clean the compartments are is a telltale sign of how well the owner took care of it and/or the dealer went thru it. Run the maxx air vents. TVs inside and out. Oh, one last thing from me is check the air pressure on the tires bring a tire pressure gauge that goes up to at least 150. Shouldn't filled anything close to that but when I picked up my used (new to us) I spent about 6 hrs. Running thru everything with the person assigned to me. Then another 4 hrs. In their shop getting things fixed. He was amazed how but thorough I was but I forgot one thing. That was to check the tires out bc I forgot the gauge. So did it when I got home and found passenger side inside rear dually at 30 psi. I called them they said they checked that as part of their safety check and if it was low they would've filled it...but as I pointed out do they recheck it to see if its leaking 24 hrs later. They said they didn't, they do now note it and recheck it. Anyway check the condition of the tires, too. Anyway let us all know how you make out. Thanks and congratulations on you soon to be new Rig.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #30

I picked up my new wolf pup 14cc on June 4th at Cherokee Camping Center. It is right across from the “World’s Largest Truck Stop” so give yourself some time for it.
We videotaped our walk through. We were thorough and they never rushed us at all. The entire process from walking in to walking out was three hours. If you had them install anything at Cherokee make sure you check each item. They forgot to install our power hitch and Reese anti-sway. They pulled it back in after I noticed it and worked on it again. Depending on what time your appt is bring a cooler w snacks and drinks. There isn’t any of that there. They also have an RV store on site. Of course it’s a bit more expensive but I purchased and had them install all the screens over propane exhausts to keep the bugs and mud daubers out. I purchased a water regulator for Shore water. I put that on my hose right away so I never forget it. Your trailer doesn’t come w much except a sewer hose. So purchase these items and your 25ft water hose at home if you don’t want to pay the prices.
The staff could not have been nicer. Our salesman was John Watkins and our technician was Joe Hahn. Tell them Cathy Kaiser says hi!
Enjoy your new trailer! 👍
Kai-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-fish View Post
The staff could not have been nicer. Our salesman was John Watkins and our technician was Joe Hahn. Tell them Cathy Kaiser says hi!
Enjoy your new trailer! [emoji106]
I guess you didn't read post #28, two posts above yours.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I guess you didn't read post #28, two posts above yours.
Didn’t see it.
Kai-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #33
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
You've received lots of good advice. The dealership will be anxious to get your money and may allocate you a (short) period of time for your PDI. Don't accept that, tell them to leave you alone while you do your thing if they don't have additional time. You will be anxious to be on your way, don't accept that either. Plan to spend the entire day and come back tomorrow if necessary. Once they have your money, you will be looking at weeks or more to get any service for warranty items. Weve been waiting since July for a broken light globe, others have serious wait times for items which make their units non-functional.
+++
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdi