Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

picked up our Isata 4 yesterday

We completed our walk thru and drove her home last night. Now we look back and maybe should have taken a bit more time. This a.m. I went out to explore and set things up, have a few ?'S

Heater ? since it was below 30 here in Colorado I kicked on the heater which I set at 75% but never blew cold air and kept shutting down. After a bit of trouble shooting discovered propane was showing green at dial and stated words NONE. no propane no heat. I then thought if I turn off "furnace" button on touch screen it would go to electric heat. That also did not work.
Generator ? I attempted to turn on both Manuel and auto start a good 4 times today and never got it to run. It did start yesterday at inspection, am I doing something wrong ?
Auto Levelers are not level set at auto.
T.V./H.D./Sat. ? started looking into how to hook all up and searched for some instructions but so far no luck. Any guidence would be great.

Dont get me wrong this is not a complaint thread just trying to figure all out. This is our 5th R.V. over the years so we get it just not as smooth as we would hope.

jeff
Jeffz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffz95 View Post
We completed our walk thru and drove her home last night. Now we look back and maybe should have taken a bit more time. This a.m. I went out to explore and set things up, have a few ?'S

Heater ? since it was below 30 here in Colorado I kicked on the heater which I set at 75% but never blew cold air and kept shutting down. After a bit of trouble shooting discovered propane was showing green at dial and stated words NONE. no propane no heat. I then thought if I turn off "furnace" button on touch screen it would go to electric heat. That also did not work.

Generator ? I attempted to turn on both Manuel and auto start a good 4 times today and never got it to run. It did start yesterday at inspection, am I doing something wrong ?

T.V./H.D./Sat. ? started looking into how to hook all up and searched for some instructions but so far no luck. Any guidence would be great.

Dont get me wrong this is not a complaint thread just trying to figure all out. This is our 5th R.V. over the years so we get it just not as smooth as we would hope.

jeff

Did you turn on propane outside behind fill door?

My generator sucks. Usually takes 4-5 tries to get it to run..

Look in one of the pass through compartments, look up, in the middle, and find a black box. That is the leveler controller. Mine had fallen down.

Sat connections are above the fridge.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Did you turn on propane outside behind fill door?

My generator sucks. Usually takes 4-5 tries to get it to run..

Look in one of the pass through compartments, look up, in the middle, and find a black box. That is the leveler controller. Mine had fallen down.

Sat connections are above the fridge.
Thanks for response, I will check all out this a.m.
Jeff
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #4

What you may need to try on the generator, is push STOP till the Hours turn on, then keep pressing STOP for 45 seconds - THIS primes the generator. Then crank for a full 30-45 seconds. Should start in 1-2 tries this way, even in 30 degrees. On our non-Dynamax, it's got START/STOP with an hour meter onan remote panel, but any with a start/stop remote should work the same, may have to hold for longer to get the prime if you don't have an hour meter in the remote.

In 30 degree, it should only take 1 or 2 starts even if it hasn't run in a few weeks.

Found on our 4kW Onan this works well. After sitting for a month or 2, sometimes a double prime before cranking helps. Also, all the error codes (like over-crank) are shown on the start button in the generator itself, so you may want to try to start one-time using the start button on the generator to see the error codes flash.
Vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffz95 View Post
W
jeff
There is no electric heater. The AC's have heat pumps (which I think I am about to drop since no one understands them..not a jab, just everyone thinks they are electric heaters, which they are...but only work when it is above 45 degrees). I'd rather have you know if you need an electric heat source, then think you have one and be disappointed. Heat strips, might be a better option. Those work in any temp...just not that well in really cold temps. But they will put out heat.

Already got tips on gen.

Auto levelers. The other common thing we see is low voltage losing the NULL or zero point. If you look in the manual there are instructions to reset.

TV/HD/Sat, I guess I would ask what are you trying to do?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #6

Starting with the PDI, we had almost 2 hours and it still wasn't near enough for what we bought, the DX3 37. We have had every kind of rv over 30 yrs but not a big diesel truck. I think there is just so much to know and were excited and think we covered it all but far from it. The normal person who did it was at a RV show and the man that filled in know a lot but what he didn't know he just told us to refer to our manual. No water was turned on the ice maker, Washer, the generator had 20 hrs on it from a dealer show so our mistake didn't try it nor did the man start it for us and didn't start when we needed it. Still doesn't start most of the time and we were told we would have to take an Authorized Onan repair and that is pretty hard to find or get an appointment. Actually I could go on and on but if you have a PDI when you buy a new or used rv my advise is to take your time and try everything. You can go on line and find a 4 page check list and I wished we had used it.
tdemeyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #7

Made the 180 mile round trip back to the dealer today, spent a couple of hours having propane filled and trouble shooting items mentioned.

Generator - carb. was clogged up with debris, tech fixed and all good now.
Heater - didn’t work due to no propane and today heat pump worked great, but a mentioned it wasn’t below 40.
Leveling - all adjusted.
T.v./entertainment - just figuring out how to use it.
Thanks for all the info.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #8

Glad you got it all working. Seems kind of crappy that a dealer would forget to fill a propane tank. I would figure that was a easy step one on RV prep.