Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2023, 05:13 PM   #1

Picked up the Europa

We picked up our 2023 Europa yesterday. We drove it home from Westminster to Yuma. We had bad roads, bad drivers, rain, fog and high winds through the mountains out of San Diego. Pretty fair test for the first drive. She did just fine. First trip will be in a couple weeks.
Here are some pics after getting her home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	283443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5217.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	283444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5216.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	283445  
firedude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:46 PM   #2

Congratulations! I am sure that you will enjoy that new Europa!
Old 01-30-2023, 07:12 PM   #3

Awesome, glad you are enjoying it so far.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:44 PM   #4

Congratulations! I like the darker paint scheme. Nice rig.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude2 View Post
We picked up our 2023 Europa yesterday. We drove it home from Westminster to Yuma. We had bad roads, bad drivers, rain, fog and high winds through the mountains out of San Diego. Pretty fair test for the first drive. She did just fine. First trip will be in a couple weeks.
Here are some pics after getting her home.
We were down to four coaches in our decision. Three Dynamax coaches, and a Renegade. The Europa was one of the four. Beautiful coach!
-Demco Air Force One
-Remco 2pc Drive Shaft w/Disconnect
-Blue-Ox Avail Tow Bar and Baseplate
NewToTheForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:30 AM   #6

Great Choice

Congratulations! We love our Europa. 15k miles and ~90 nights camping since March. It is an attention getter everywhere we go. Even last week boondocking in Kofa. Off-roaders driving by stopped to ask questions. :-)
AZFoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:17 AM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. The wifey is going to get some drive time today. She wants to take the wheel on a limited basis with this one.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFoxes View Post
Congratulations! We love our Europa. 15k miles and ~90 nights camping since March. It is an attention getter everywhere we go. Even last week boondocking in Kofa. Off-roaders driving by stopped to ask questions. :-)
Been following your posts. Might try and pic your brain more in the future when I start upgrading solar. How is Quartsite? Rain and wind?
Old 01-31-2023, 11:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToTheForce View Post
We were down to four coaches in our decision. Three Dynamax coaches, and a Renegade. The Europa was one of the four. Beautiful coach!
Thank you. Sounds like we went down the same path. The Force was a close second. If Renegade still made the shorter Verona we might have been more torn. In the end size mattered. Or should I say the lack of. Weird that wife wanted shorter....
Old 02-01-2023, 10:53 AM   #10

Happy to Help

Weather at Quartzite was all over the map. Cold, windy, warm, and sunny. It seemed to change everyday. We never had rain. We go every year, stay at La Posa LTVA, but, always wonder why. The ‘show’ really doesn’t have much that is specific to RVs and the crowds are crazy. For camping, we just don’t get Quartzite when there are better dispersed camping opportunities north from Parker to Lake Havasu and south there is Kofa, Mitry Lake, Imperial Dam, Cibola, etc… All are quieter with much better scenery.

Quote:
Been following your posts. Might try and pic your brain more in the future when I start upgrading solar. How is Quartsite? Rain and wind?
Old 02-01-2023, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Weather at Quartzite was all over the map. Cold, windy, warm, and sunny. It seemed to change everyday. We never had rain. We go every year, stay at La Posa LTVA, but, always wonder why. The ‘show’ really doesn’t have much that is specific to RVs and the crowds are crazy. For camping, we just don’t get Quartzite when there are better dispersed camping opportunities north from Parker to Lake Havasu and south there is Kofa, Mitry Lake, Imperial Dam, Cibola, etc… All are quieter with much better scenery.
I am in Yuma and have been getting the same weather. How did your solar work for you?
Never really saw the appeal of Quartzite and the crowds myself but there sure are a lot who do.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:09 AM   #12

The sun is still low on the horizon and my panels (4 x 200 Watts for 800 watts) sit flat so I was only getting around 470 watts charging out of them at the peak of the day. For this time of year this is pretty efficient for my setup. This will increase as the sun gets higher. This wattage is above my draw by a good bit but not enough to fully charge my batteries (2 x 300AH for 600 AHs) by the end of the day. I’m putting 400 more watts (2 x 200 watt panels) on the roof next month when I’m at Mitry. If you are available maybe we can link up when I’m out your way. Lastly, are you the one that posted about a good place to have a service done on Freighters in Yuma?

Quote:
I am in Yuma and have been getting the same weather. How did your solar work for you?
Never really saw the appeal of Quartzite and the crowds myself but there sure are a lot who do.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:49 PM   #13

Congrats, I think a lot of us who end up with the Europa, have cross shop the same models / manufactures. It checks a lot of boxes for maneuverability / NP RV spots / towing / for mainly tow adults not living fulltime / for months on the road / at camp grounds.

The old Dynamax line (2006/2014s)had a large selection of shorter (36/30s) models, glad to see Europa join the product line. By FB posts on the manufacture Monday, it seems to be a big % of the build's featured.
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 10:17 PM   #14

Quote:
The sun is still low on the horizon and my panels (4 x 200 Watts for 800 watts) sit flat so I was only getting around 470 watts charging out of them at the peak of the day. For this time of year this is pretty efficient for my setup. This will increase as the sun gets higher. This wattage is above my draw by a good bit but not enough to fully charge my batteries (2 x 300AH for 600 AHs) by the end of the day. I’m putting 400 more watts (2 x 200 watt panels) on the roof next month when I’m at Mitry. If you are available maybe we can link up when I’m out your way. Lastly, are you the one that posted about a good place to have a service done on Freighters in Yuma?
I was also going to go with four 200 watt panels. We are thinking we might not be dry camping as much in the future. We will know in this next year.

It would be nice to meet up when you are out this way if we are in town. I would like to see your set-up.

I was not the one who posted about the Freightliner service.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddock View Post
Congrats, I think a lot of us who end up with the Europa, have cross shop the same models / manufactures. It checks a lot of boxes for maneuverability / NP RV spots / towing / for mainly tow adults not living fulltime / for months on the road / at camp grounds.

The old Dynamax line (2006/2014s)had a large selection of shorter (36/30s) models, glad to see Europa join the product line. By FB posts on the manufacture Monday, it seems to be a big % of the build's featured.
Thanks.
Yeah, I think we all did go down the same paths to get here. Really seems like a market that is not tapped at this time. The Europa did check the boxes.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:35 PM   #16

[QUOTE=Paddock;2820808]Congrats, I think a lot of us who end up with the Europa, have cross shop the same models / manufactures. It checks a lot of boxes for maneuverability / NP RV spots / towing / for mainly tow adults not living fulltime / for months on the road / at camp grounds.

agreed @Paddock my wife and I fit the Europa profile for “towing …not living full time”.

Congrats @Firedude2 on the new ride.

@AZFoxes like firedude I will be bouncing some LiFePo4 upgrade questions off you, after we pick up our new 31SS at end of February.
Randy_Aglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:48 PM   #17

Happy to help!

[QUOTE=Randy_Aglen;2821648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddock View Post

agreed @Paddock my wife and I fit the Europa profile for “towing …not living full time”.

Congrats @Firedude2 on the new ride.

@AZFoxes like firedude I will be bouncing some LiFePo4 upgrade questions off you, after we pick up our new 31SS at end of February.
Old 02-08-2023, 07:38 AM   #18

Congrats on the new rig!

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
Congrats on the new rig!

Jim
Thank you.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:09 AM   #20

If you have not gone through the tire pressure setting exercise, highly recommend it to improve the ride harshness on the M2-106 stock settings, especially the high frequency expansion joints "waps".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Pressure Chart Europa.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	283725  
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote